What's new

Upgrading Pakistan’s Special Operations Forces in a cost effective way.

People still wondering and asking questions as to how SSG stacks up against other SOF in the world.
To start off just asking this question is downright stupid and just shows the questionnaires insecurities.

After all the SSG has done starting from afghan war, to Bosnia, sir Lanka and n the war on terror to Nagorno Karabagh etc.
How many countries' armies/ spec ops units can claim to have successfully put down insurgencies other than Pakistan?

N after all this u want to compare them to outfits having only theoretical experience.

Last edited:
People still wondering and asking questions as to how SSG stacks up against other SOF in the world.
To start off just asking this question is downright stupid and just shows the questionnaires insecurities.

After all the SSG has done starting from afghan war, to Bosnia, sir Lanka and n the war on terror to Nagorno Karabagh etc.
How many countries' armies/ spec ops units can claim to have successfully put down insurgencies other than Pakistan?

N after all this u want to compare them to outfits having only theoretical experience.
Assalam o Alaikum

Your answer is really powerful. Yeah I know I am asking stupid questions(sorry for that) I just like SSG and I am very curious about them. Yeah I know that they are good but since I heard that an SAS operator walked about a 100 miles in Afghanistan(probably back to base) and since I learnt that they don't practice anonymity and reveal their identity(which is bad for covert ops) and people said that this is because they want to show off mostly to girls and since I heard and watched very cool stuff about other SOF I started questioning their abilities. Can you provide some other info to me to just prove to my stupid brain that SSG is the best (professionalism, etc.) because in my heart I believe they are the best but my mind just question their abilities.(Now don't say that "shut your mind" or something but give me some cool info about them to just prove that no one is at comparable to them).

How good are Pakistan SSG (tactics, professionalism, discipline, organization, training, etc.) compared to modern SOF or are the just desi style?

How good are they compared to all of these:
@Ahmet Pasha @Metal 0-1 @Horus @PanzerKiel @Reichmarshal
Tactics and training are lagging behind.
You see their training in both high ready low ready stance.
Using a C-Clamp to hold rifle. You see suppressed weapons and alt least a PVS-31 DTNVG taking full advantage of dark. Entering into room. Shoot Move communicate. Spending time on range rather taking pictures for Social Media. Practicing Speed Draws and Speed Reloads.

Those shiny toys you see on them or carrying complement the way they train and fight.

It's not so much the "cool part" but "well maintained" part. "Well Regulated means Well Maintained."

For me or anyone who have knowledge and don't get so blind in patriotism British SAS/SBS and US Army 1st SFOD-D/Delta Force will always be the best.

Definitely SSG/SSG-N/SSW have a past of training with Navy SEALS, 75th Ranger Regiment, Green Berets and British SAS. But they didn't surpassed them. A simple logic Student can never surpass his master.

They have been operating since World War II minus the Green Berets, Delta and SEALS.

Imagine the amount of experience SAS/SBS gained while sabotaging German facilities behind enemy lines.

Green Berets and SEALS operated in Vietnam war. They dropped in behind Veit Cong lines stole the ammo crates sabotaged them and dropped back in.

Modern examples are of SAS and Delta Force operated behind enemy lines during Op Desert Storm they destroyed Iraqi SCUD missiles while driving their Special Purpose Land Rovers.

Green Berets were inserted in Afghanistan with assistance of Northern Alliance they liberated Mazar-i-Sharif in less than a week.

75th Rangers and Delta secured Bagram Airfield than USAF CCTs assisted in landing USAF cargo planes with ATC tower.

British SAS were also there but classified.

British SAS/SBS and Delta Force were top players in Snatch and Grab operation in Iraq.

That doesn’t answer the point made that these accessories aren’t out of the range of Pakistan financially and should be procured.

Sir, is it not possible to manufacture the equipment locally - for local utilising and as well as for export?

Another way to look at it, which special forces units in the world come up with the new techniques, procedures, operational capabilities, etc...all the things that other special forces then copy and train for.
SSG is great at what they practice and perform, but it's all that's been imparted upon them by the Brits and Americans. They are not pioneers in the field and thus not cutting edge in the world. But still amongst the best as they hone their skills and are very good at their job.

Slow down the video to 0.25 to u5derstand the car entry at 2:05

screenshot-archive-org-details-myjihadoneameric0000coll-page-34-mode-2up-1607447465536.png

the only thing lacking is the self-projection of the SSG in movies, dramas, and documentaries. As the SSG is too secretive and guarded with its mission info.

Most of the movies made of us and other spec ops are either totally bs or the storyline is doctored so as to make them look like superhumans in the eyes of the public, while in real life wt I have come across is that their performance is less than stellar.
info warfare at its best.

"SSG is our first and the last line of defense" and I can tell u with the full assurance that they have, are, and will fight to safeguard our country and people to the last drop of their blood with no questions asked.

Last edited:
the only thing lacking is the projection of the ssg in movies, dramas, and documentaries. As the ssg is too secretive and guarded with its missions info.

Most of the movies made of us spec ops are either totally bs or the storyline is doctored so as to make them look like superhumans in the eyes of the public.
info warfare.

while in real life wt i have come across is that their performance is less than stellar.
Yup I agree with you. By the Grace of Allah Almighty SSG has defeated the best. Can you pleae shed some light on why SSG Janbazs don't practice anonymity?
And what is C-Clamp grip for weapons?

In my opinion SSG is already involved in black and covert ops as accused by India, America, etc. in mostly Afghanistan, Kashmir, Azerbaijan etc. and might be even in Syria, Iraq, Palestine. India already calls them "BAT" and American have already been defeated in Afghanistan so if SSG had not hidden their identity and ops then they might have already given a lot of proof to India, etc. about their direct involvement in these ops. They have only been accused but not yet proved.
I think they reveal these identity just for some psychological warfare stuff.
Khud ko kamzoor zahir karo jub tum takatwar houn aur khud ko takatwar zahir karo jub tum kamzoor houn.

when u are on the range every day, day in day out u become one with ur weapon, then such things become elementary. having said that I can think of more than a few things that the c grip will hinder in the normal functioning of the operative. more "phudu khata" than anything else.

all pic/vid floating on the media are either old or with the consent of the relevant authority, nothing new can and will come out without the approval of the relevant ppl.

when u are on the range every day, day in day out u become one with ur weapon, then such things become elementary. having said that I can think of more than a few things that the c grip will hinder in the normal functioning of the operative. more "phudu khata" than anything else.

all pic/vid floating on the media are either old or with the consent of the relevant authority, nothing new can and will come out without the approval of the relevant ppl.
SALUTE:pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom