What's new

Updates on F-INSAS program

Well I would believe my friends and jija... rather than someone making a claim. But am sure it's not upto the infantry men requirement. They still prefer ak-47 to INSAS and it's not just close combat am talking about.

don't try to convince fanboys here

a fact remains a fact...........insas rifle is just old relative to stuff out there

don't try to convince fanboys here

a fact remains a fact...........insas rifle is just old relative to stuff out there

Bro ..let say its' old ... being old makes it in-effective? :disagree:

I've compiled a summary for few rifles used by major armies.... INSAS is still one of the lightest rifle, It's very accurate, reliable and relatively niggle free (old issues were resolved)

2zj8pybb.png

Bro ..let say its' old ... being old makes it in-effective? :disagree:

I've compiled a summary for few rifles used by major armies.... INSAS is still one of the lightest rifle, It's very accurate, reliable and relatively niggle free (old issues were resolved)

z6j9fv63.png

there is a reason we are looking for a new rifle and army ppl in kashmir particularly prefer ak-47 over this

the time of insas is over,,,it served us well but we need something better

there is a reason we are looking for a new rifle and army ppl in kashmir particularly prefer ak-47 over this

Bro army people prefer AK47 in COIN operations. INSAS is without doubt a better rifle than AK47.
But we need somthing better and more modular rifle which suits all theaters.

Correction ... read...

"man there WERE problems"

man to be truthful insas has problems
Its nozzle gets heated very much
its spring i mean riffle spring gets stuck
its to long to be used in anti terrorist operations inside houses

and moreover it was made to wound u not to kill you

man to be truthful insas has problems
Its nozzle gets heated very much
its spring i mean riffle spring gets stuck
its to long to be used in anti terrorist operations inside houses

and moreover it was made to wound u not to kill you

i grant u ur first thanks:toast_sign:

The INSAS's design is actually quite good. You have a relatively shorter barrel and yet good enough accuracy. But if you don't have the reflex sights and optronics made available to the jawaan then he's hardly going to produce sub-MOA results on the range leave alone the field. ADD to that the QC/QR madness courtesy the OFB.

Not surprised though since this is the same OFB which changed the T-90 barrel production process without consulting the OEM and then BOOM! Thank god the Arjun's barrels were pre-inspected and not produced by the usual suspects ergo despite early teething problems (bound to occur) things settled down after some tweaking.

Whatever rifle is engineered or acquired if the OFB gets the manufacturing job then odds are 5 to 1 that the product will be substandard. I'll give a cookie to anyone who can guess the reason behind these issues.

Many of the F-INSAS's components have been available in country. You've got companies like MKU which provide armoring solutions to the German navy's frigates and CM silos- they produce some quality maal in personal protection and yet till date they have only been allowed to provide some of their lower tier products to the CAPFs. Know of any other Indian company (SME) that has taken up the job of manufacturing NVD Image Intensifier devices at their facility in Kanpur itself or has a AS 9100 certification for aircraft armoring & solutions AND is a registered NATO supplier?

@Kunwar Anurag Rathore Ever shot a 5.56x45mm round? It'll kill the target just fine, has a nasty proclivity to tumble in the target's body cavity too after a center mass shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom