What's new

Updates on F-INSAS program

@Unkowncommando
sometimes I wonder if our generals, policy maker and other defence agencies even care about our infentry. Same old WW2 era equipment, same old INSAS, no NVG, no hands free wireless equipment, same low quality bulletproof jackets. My heart goes out to our soldiers. Only the special forces having some modern gear.

i am with u on all points man

******* spending 20 billion on rafale when ur soldier uses INSAS!!!
ludicrous planning

We are ignoring them since there formation. Infantry plays main role in battle. At least no ballistic helmets old WW2 .some of them dnt have helmets. Do they think Indian soldiers' head are more tough than kevlar. Guys we have 11 lakh army cant they see them ? Are bhai aankho ki roshni chali gayi hai kya .
Sometimes i think ki khudke paiso se
atleast acche kevlar gloves tactical eyewear and helmets hi kharid ke do apne soldiers ko.
I feel too bad for our soldiers but as we have seen new gear in Yudh Abhyas 2012 and few in ex with france and in few pics but they are limited.
At least arm the soldiers with the best equipment who are in battle zones like in siachen soldiers using insas hand them good rifle,in j&k hand them kevlar helmets nad good BPJs. Yes things are changing but slowly slowly. We have lost so many brave hearts in the past bcoz of low quality equipment.
Hope finsas will solve all these probs .be positive.

Now forget the past,live in present and lets plan the future.

Jai Hind!!!!!

i am with u on all points man

******* spending 20 billion on rafale when ur soldier uses INSAS!!!
ludicrous planning

INSAS isnt a failure dude....I agree it had some hickups like jamming and overheating,but now its doing its job with ease,accuracy no problem till 300meters,which is good in its standards.

I remember one of my friends posted in eastern front (Major) told me Insas is something Infantry men happily reject for AK - 47 which is a 1949 rifle. He told me that during high wind they target practice on dogs and even dogs survive and laugh at Insas from 150-200 meter range. He also told me he feels more secure with his small fire arm than the beast Insas. Jeeja ji in Kargin (Lt. Col) confirmed the same.

INSAS isnt a failure dude....I agree it had some hickups like jamming and overheating,but now its doing its job with ease,accuracy no problem till 300meters,which is good in its standards.

Even i got the accuracy and performance info from my cousin ,who is in BSF.

Which personal eup.. And which gun will be used ?
The DRDO is developing its MCW (Multi Cal Weapon) it has already begun preliminary feild trials.
No news about F-INSAS now. May be stored in cold stores for now.

Thats what i am saying but as usual fanboys are still not able to see the truth

Of that's what you want to believe fine but you're wrong. You'll see within the next 12 months. ;)

@Abingdonboy
thanks for the information mate. What happened to our seasoned veteran Sancho. Do you have any news on him?
@sancho missing you mate where are you?
@he-man
even i feel somethings not quite right about the program. No news what so ever in Media or from DRDO.
Yeah I've been wondering the same, I emailed him but no reply as of yet.

Here's hoping he's just very busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember one of my friends posted in eastern front (Major) told me Insas is something Infantry men happily reject for AK - 47 which is a 1949 rifle. He told me that during high wind they target practice on dogs and even dogs survive and laugh at Insas from 150-200 meter range. He also told me he feels more secure with his small fire arm than the beast Insas. Jeeja ji in Kargin (Lt. Col) confirmed the same.

INSAS is like a medium range AR. AK 47 is close range. INSAS in high wind will definitely have bullet drop, light bullet (although 10% heavier than NATO rounds) vs 7.62. Relative velocity is the name of the game here.

Of that's what you want to believe fine but you're wrong. You'll see within the next 12 months. ;)

Yeah I've been wondering the same, I emailed him but no reply as of yet.

Here's hoping he's just very busy.

You are one of the most trusted source mate. I believe what you said.
About sancho, I hope he is fyn. Really missing his post badly.

The only time I see our soldiers kitted out really well (apart from special forces), are when they have training with international forces. Otherwise, most COIN pictures you see from Kashmir or other areas, every soldier wears different camous and head gear .

Some may argue that the PATKA is the best stuff we have. So be it. But where is uniformity when our troops go out ? I am from the field of garments and a technologist at that. I cringe every time we see some wearing faded jungle patterns, some wear different camou patterns, some wear a different tunic and a different tactical trouser.

At least the Brits/Americans and the Chinese are better color co-ordinated and there is no hodge podge of different patterns . What also surprises me is that our soldiers buy uniforms from accredited stores. There is a word called Quartermaster in the Indian Army wing isn't it?

We are ignoring them since there formation. Infantry plays main role in battle. At least no ballistic helmets old WW2 .some of them dnt have helmets. Do they think Indian soldiers' head are more tough than kevlar. Guys we have 11 lakh army cant they see them ? Are bhai aankho ki roshni chali gayi hai kya .
Sometimes i think ki khudke paiso se
atleast acche kevlar gloves tactical eyewear and helmets hi kharid ke do apne soldiers ko.
I feel too bad for our soldiers but as we have seen new gear in Yudh Abhyas 2012 and few in ex with france and in few pics but they are limited.
At least arm the soldiers with the best equipment who are in battle zones like in siachen soldiers using insas hand them good rifle,in j&k hand them kevlar helmets nad good BPJs. Yes things are changing but slowly slowly. We have lost so many brave hearts in the past bcoz of low quality equipment.
Hope finsas will solve all these probs .be positive.

Now forget the past,live in present and lets plan the future.

Jai Hind!!!!!

INSAS is a very good rifle (Certainly not futuristic) . Its Muzzle velocity is very high and fires flat.

I heard above sentence from our Ex army chief Gen V K Singh. He also said it was very good at the time of induction but we should have visualize the future need at that time and started developing new rifle. We did not do that. That is why we are struggling now.

Well I would believe my friends and jija... rather than someone making a claim. But am sure it's not upto the infantry men requirement. They still prefer ak-47 to INSAS and it's not just close combat am talking about.

INSAS is a very good rifle (Certainly not futuristic) . Its Muzzle velocity is very high and fires flat.

I heard above sentence from our Ex army chief Gen V K Singh. He also said it was very good at the time of induction but we should have visualize the future need at that time and started developing new rifle. We did not do that. That is why we are struggling now.

Back
Top Bottom