What's new

[Updated May 2023] Israel Strikes Gaza Again

Will the ongoing escalation develop into a full blown 3rd Intifida?

• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look at the crap that Irans spews out - yet Israel stages attacks in Iran and Iran does nothing materially in return in response... etc.
Really, when did Israel attack inside Iran

Palestinians/Lebanon is not equal to Israel military, Any one with brain know it.

More death and more infrastructure destruction to Palestine/Lebanese will happen in every incident like this. While Iranian regime may be happy since it is the opportunity to revenge over so many Israel operation inside Iran

The winner is always Likud parties and its hard line supporter in parliament
Palestinians need missiles that have range of 300 miles from Lebanon, that will make Israel think twice about attacking Palestinians.

Seriously, a small quadcopter launched from inside Iran that was intercepted and failed is what you call an Israeli strike inside Iran
Strike is a strike, no matter what you call it. Iran could also commit drone strikes from Syria/Lebanon but chooses not to do so for the moment.

Strike is a strike, no matter what you call it. Iran could also commit drone strikes from Syria/Lebanon but chooses not to do so for the moment.
It was launched from inside Iran, i.e. not an Israeli strike. Some local terrorists with a small quadcopter from Ali baba that did nothing and you call that an Israeli strike.

Palestinian hunger striker Khader Adnan dies in Israeli prison​

Palestinian prisoner Khader Adnan, who was affiliated with the Palestinian Islamic Jihad group, has died in an Israeli prison after nearly three months on a hunger strike, Israeli prison officials said.

Adnan “refused to undergo medical tests and receive medical treatment” and “was found unconscious in his cell” in the early morning on Tuesday, the Israeli prison service said.

Adnan began his hunger strike shortly after being arrested on February 5.

He had gone on hunger strike several times after previous arrests, including a 55-day strike in 2015 to protest his arrest under so-called administrative detention, in which suspects are held indefinitely by Israel without charge or trial.

Israel is currently holding more than 1,000 Palestinian detainees without charge or trial, the highest number since 2003, according to the Israeli human rights group HaMoked.

1683089759064.png

“Khader Adnan has been executed in cold blood,” the WAED Prisoners Association in Gaza told the Reuters news agency upon hearing of Adnan’s death.

Palestinian news agency WAFA reported that Adnan, 44, from the town of Arraba near Jenin city in the occupied West Bank, had refused to eat for 87 days to protest against his detention without charge, according to the Palestinian Prisoner’s Society.

A Palestinian man walks past a graffiti of Khader Adnan, a hunger-striking Palestinian imprisoned in an Israeli jail, in Gaza City on April 17, 2023. (Photo by Mohammed ABED / AFP)

A Palestinian man walks past street art in Gaza City celebrating Khader Adnan, a hunger-striking Palestinian prisoner imprisoned in an Israeli jail, who died on May 2, 2023 [File: Mohammed Abed/AFP]

“This is a very dangerous thing that has happened,” said Mustafa Barghouti, the former Palestinian information minister and general secretary of the Palestinian National Initiative political party.

The Israeli government and National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir “are personally responsible for this act of assassination”, Barghouti told Al Jazeera.

Group named anonymous Sudan claimed to have disrupted the Iron Dome system. It intercepted 4 out of 22 rockets in that first response but that's a low figure even if some hit open areas.

Hamas does not want a wider conflict. And is focusing on unifying more fronts and developing weapons systems as well as armed resistance in the West Bank. Hamas is trying to develop it's AA systems, and reinforce it's tunnel and rockets systems.

Last edited:
Group named anonymous Sudan claimed to have disrupted the Iron Dome system. It intercepted 4 out of 22 rockets in that first response but that's a low figure even if some hit open areas.

Hamas does not want a wider conflict. And is focusing on unifying more fronts and developing weapons systems as well as armed resistance in the West Bank. Hamas is trying to develop it's AA systems, and reinforce it's tunnel and rockets systems.
I saw that, 5 impacts in urban areas / 22 (plus many more in 'open' areas) is indeed much higher than usual. The red alert system confirmed their website was temporarily taken down, but said the red alert system itself wasn't affected. Anonymous Sudan have been hacking various Israeli websites lately, they seem legit (but random). Not sure if they hacked the iron dome somehow, but it has malfunctioned before (remember Ashkelon in 2021).

Hamas actually participated in those rockets, as far as I know. I think all the resistance forces feel that way, but they equally don't want to let major events go without a response. We have started to see more AA systems in Gaza but usually MANPADS so far, nothing significant. I am not sure they have much AA potential, larger AD systems are difficult to hide and not easily replaceable like rockets.

Last edited:
I saw that, 5 impacts in urban areas / 22 (plus many more in 'open' areas) is indeed much higher than usual. The red alert system confirmed their website was temporarily taken down, but said the red alert system itself wasn't affected. Anonymous Sudan have been hacking various Israeli websites lately, they seem legit (but random). Not sure if they hacked the iron dome somehow, but it has malfunctioned before (remember Ashkelon in 2021).

Hamas actually participated in those rockets, as far as I know. I think all the resistance forces feel that way, but they equally don't want to let major events go without a response. We have started to see more AA systems in Gaza but usually MANPADS so far, nothing significant. I am not sure they have much AA potential, larger AD systems are difficult to hide and not easily replaceable like rockets.
5 interceptions out of 22, there were 17 impacts, not all in urban areas but it usually were intercept more.

Hamas did not fire rockets but was participating in other areas. The decision to announce it as a JOR operation was to warn Israel not cross any red lines in their retaliation or else Hamas will get involved. Hamas does not have larger AA systems but is working on smaller local systems perhaps with assistance of Iran. I don't think there would be any long range AA's in Gaza or Lebanon. Israeli's would do everything to prevent that as they could cover lots of range over Israel's airspace.

5 interceptions out of 22, there were 17 impacts, not all in urban areas but it usually were intercept more.

Hamas did not fire rockets but was participating in other areas. The decision to announce it as a JOR operation was to warn Israel not cross any red lines in their retaliation or else Hamas will get involved. Hamas does not have larger AA systems but is working on smaller local systems perhaps with assistance of Iran. I don't think there would be any long range AA's in Gaza or Lebanon. Israeli's would do everything to prevent that as they could cover lots of range over Israel's airspace.
5 interceptions and 5 impacts in urban areas, so 12 more interceptions in open areas (17 total).

Even building thousands of small unguided rockets in Gaza is a miracle, larger AD systems will be very difficult for many reasons. Maybe in south Lebanon but in Gaza I don't think it's feasible. MANPADs won't be very effective due to altitude and range limitations.

In other news, Hamas is having a larger influence in organising resistance fighters in Jenin. New groups popping up all the time, although these ones are more low-key, which is a good thing IMO. Still poorly equipped unfortunately but that's a work in progress. Imagine if ATGMs and sniper rifles were widely available to resistance forces in the occupied West Bank. That must be the goal to deter the endless Zionist incursions.

@HGV

Massive Israeli assault out of nowhere against Gaza. Dozens of airstrikes reported.

At least 6 Palestinians killed. Two commanders from Islamic Jihad. Israeli's are looking for trouble.

Palestinian PIJ commander and his whole family killed in Israeli airstrike on their home:

1683591031218.png

Gaza Health Ministry reporting 10 Palestinians killed, including children and women, and at least 30 injured.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom