What's new

Update on JF-17 Block II

I was wondering.....

Is it possible to have thrust vectoring with just one tail?

because I would think is that the nozzle would not be able to pivot upwards.....

It would be possible. The gap is large enough.

Obviously either you dont know anything about the JF-17 or you need to change your flags. Show some loyalty to your true country and please change them.

Edit: I have gone through your other 39 posts and doesnt seem like that your an Indian, probably just an ill-informed Pakistani. Please go through the JF-17 info pool. And I apologize for calling you a false flagger before.

The Rockwell-Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm X-31 Enhanced Fighter Maneuverability program was a collaborative program designed to test TVC in fighters. The X-31 had a single vertical stabilizer.

X-31_Aircraft_Specifications.svg

Rockwell-MBB_X-31_vectorpaddles.jpg

Rockwell-MBB_X-31_landing.JPG

All one needs to do is extend the nozzle a bit further out of the fuselage.

LOL .. thats alright pal... off course i'm not that well informed but my point is that it is over hyped analysis of JFT which is going on here... there will be improvements but not to a massive scale ... even i doubt there will be any structural changes..... it is simply not practical to think about all the luxury stuff we are talking about... even composite airframe with better radar (if AESA) and laser targeting pods will swing the cost beyond 30million dollar a piece... and total cost of project will swell to 7.8 billion USD or more..(considering we'll induct 250 of total JFTs).

LOL .. thats alright pal... off course i'm not that well informed but my point is that it is over hyped analysis of JFT which is going on here... there will be improvements but not to a massive scale ... even i doubt there will be any structural changes..... it is simply not practical to think about all the luxury stuff we are talking about... even composite airframe with better radar (if AESA) and laser targeting pods will swing the cost beyond 30million dollar a piece... and total cost of project will swell to 7.8 billion USD or more..(considering we'll induct 250 of total JFTs).

You are justified with your apprehensions. We all once had them too. But insiders (very credible insiders, their history of leaking news is a testament to their credibility) have pointed to all these things. And their reports hold too much weight for us to just ignore. Hence it is at least very very probable that these improvements are on their way. The Chinese have indeed surprised us many a time before.

Back
Top Bottom