What's new

Update: Iran Presidential Election 2017 - Rouhani is re-elected for second term

The conventional logic already points toward a Ghalibaf vs Raisi runoff.

Ok please explain this "conventional logic" of yours. Show me evidence. You think a murderous cleric will face off a corrupt liar? Polls could be rigged but it wont be that rigged... . ISPA poll that I posted earlier shows only 20% of people consider themselves conservative like Raisi and Ghalibaf.

-- next post

While Raisi and Ghalibaf are trying hard to use Ahmadinejads populism and Raisi camp trying to spread rumors that Ahmadinejad supports him, Ahmadinejad comes and flatly denies he supports any candidates. In 2013 he did the same and didn't support that psychopath Jalili. Good move.

No need to get emotional man. lol........No one on this forum supports any of these candidates.

Read that article in my link above. Raisi is being favored by the Supreme leader, while u are getting emotional. Me or you can't change shit........try to understand that.

Ok please explain this "conventional logic" of yours. Show me evidence. You think a murderous cleric will face off a corrupt liar? Polls could be rigged but it wont be that rigged... . ISPA poll that I posted earlier shows only 20% of people consider themselves conservative like Raisi and Ghalibaf.

-- next post

While Raisi and Ghalibaf are trying hard to use Ahmadinejads populism and Raisi camp trying to spread rumors that Ahmadinejad supports him, Ahmadinejad comes and flatly denies he supports any candidates. In 2013 he did the same and didn't support that psychopath Jalili. Good move.

No need to get emotional man. lol........No one on this forum supports any of these candidates.

Read that article in my link above. Raisi is being favored by the Supreme leader, while u are getting emotional. Me or you can't change shit........try to understand that.
I agree with you. What bugs the heck out me is we got forum members who are well versed in English, which mean they have a wealth of knowledge they can draw upon from the internet about history and what works and what doesn't economically and what not....not just in Iran but the whole world. I will give you an example S. Korea has one of the highest GDP in the world. N. Korea's people don't have enough food to eat. They have the same language, same geography, natural resources..etc. The difference is the government. One is failing, one is thriving. So when I see some forum members supporting these terrible people, it bugs me. Just for the record I'm not a Shah supporter nor is my family. All I read about our country is how much corruption, poor leadership and poor ideology is hamstringing our growth and economy. I don't care who is in control, hardliners, moderates etc....I want to see good and smart management. Rouhani is the least bad choice......since we're on the subject, we need more choices, currently this is not a Democracy.

Last edited:

We do have a few members here who do support people like Raisi, which just makes me sad. Even if Raisi gets 10% of real votes I'd be sad for my nation. We have one of the most intelligent people in the world, the greatest civilization, and a clown like Raisi might become the next president of our nation, shame.

U taking it too hard bro........lol......look at the bright side.......if a tokhme sag like Trump can lead the U.S, how bad is Raisi or Ghalibaf in front of this Trump?.......lol.....or that war monger Hilarator?.......lol

Comeon now.

We do have a few members here who do support people like Raisi, which just makes me sad. Even if Raisi gets 10% of real votes I'd be sad for my nation. We have one of the most intelligent people in the world, the greatest civilization, and a clown like Raisi might become the next president of our nation, shame.

U taking it too hard bro........lol......look at the bright side.......if a tokhme sag like Trump can lead the U.S, how bad is Raisi or Ghalibaf in front of this Trump?.......lol.....or that war monger Hilarator?.......lol

Comeon now.
I am taking it seriously because its the future of our country...what good will staying silent do except let the corruption and extremism destroy our country...

What is problem with him?

and so they should. After partial lifting of sanctions, Iran is earning per year roughly $70 billion from oil, $40 billion from non oil exports and another $9 billion from mining. Then undisclosed amounts from the religious tourism sector. Possibly tens of billions. Economy slowly coming back on line.

My gut feel is Iran earns ($150 to $200 billion) revenue per year now.

Well, in the recent televised debate he said he would triple subsidies for poor people...

and so they should

Tripling subsidies in any situation is a ridiculous policy. Its populism. 'Ahamadinejad economics'. Next this guy will probably say he'll bring back petrol subsidies...

The poor don't need cash handouts. They need jobs. That 10-12% unemployment rate is the issue, not a lack of subsidies.

Exactly, the solutions for Iran are the same solution for other developed countries: Grow the economy, fund lucrative jobs in tech and manufacturing. fund jobs programs across multiple sectors, induce hiring by giving tax breaks or cash incentives to businesses. Induce foreign investments by making the laws less restrictive. Diversify the countries energy portfolio. The problem is these guys are scared of all foreigners...they think Iran can survive on it's own. In the short term they're right, but it's a bad prescription for the future...other surrounding nations are progressing and they will eat our lunch. We need professional politicians, not populist, religious or military people....let the clerics lead prayer sessions, let the soldiers lead our troops. Let the bureaucrats run the country.

Back
Top Bottom