What's new

UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter

There is absolutely no beef in the Vedas - UPA's Pink Revolution Makes India World's Biggest Beef Exporter | Page 25
I took up this verifying business.

This thread is really funny. :omghaha:

One group is trying to kill cows and eat beef. The other side is trying to 'name and shame' and prevent them from killing these cows. Funnier is the fact that the group trying to kill are secular and the ones trying to save are rabid Hindutvadi fatwa givers :D
In the middle no one has bothered to ask the cows! :P

If you want to eat beef, go do so, but don't call those who don't want, fascists. As for the 'rabid communals' shouting in a forum won't ban beef. Also you can't call eaters evil or this and that. Go to court if you have the interest and the guts. Both sides are full of chest thumpings...

Pls don't quote me. I am a cow. :(

Nobody is asking others to eat beef, just asking others not to force their will upon beef eaters.

And there were also posts from Rig Vedas here, your posts are from Yajurveda and Atharvaveda. Also there were quotes from Prof. B.N. Jha's book, Swami Vivekananda's quotes, etc. Check page no. 49 & 50 also.

I love cows, so will quote you. :D

Actually, that is exactly how it function. A majority of people in the US once believed that slavery was acceptable. A majority of people in Western Europe as late as the 1940s believed that colonialism was acceptable. In most countries today the majority believe that homosexuality is unacceptable. A few hundred years ago a majority of Indians probably believed that Sati was acceptable.

If you think India should be a theocracy - well, that is your right - please file a case to alter the constitution.

Sorry America is not a democracy. It is a republic where the people's vote does not count. When you do not care about majority opinion, minority opinion ceases to matter. No one is special.

Lesser spoken about the treatment of minorities in USA the better still.

There is a system which is placed in animal husbandry department which works in each state and its further divided into districts and taluks and villages. Its mainly hindus only who sell cows and buffaloes via government appointed officials and then guys like you without much knowledge blame it on minorities, so that you can spread your hate.

Protection to all the citizens is the duty of the law enforcement forces and i really don't understand your problem, if Indian minorities(Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains , Parsis) and SC/ST are combined then they are majority of India and they all can protect themselves unitedly against the radical mobs who just want to create fitna and fasaad in the land. You don't know anything but just guessing.
Oh please here comes the apologetic, that we hindus deliberately sell our cows to kasai khana(Abbatoirs)
Listen i have no problem with Dharmic minorities(sikhs,jains,buddhists, parsis )and jews, they are as good as they are i love them.
SC/ST are part of hinduism not different and are our brothers, nice try dividing hindus on caste system, you see hindus are evolving getting rid of caste into a brotherhood :D.Infact i didnt know my friends caste nor did they when we became friends and we still maintain that.Nice try kid to divide us on caste lines. :D

There is a system which is placed in animal husbandry department which works in each state and its further divided into districts and taluks and villages. Its mainly hindus only who sell cows and buffaloes via government appointed officials and then guys like you without much knowledge blame it on minorities, so that you can spread your hate.

Protection to all the citizens is the duty of the law enforcement forces and i really don't understand your problem, if Indian minorities(Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains , Parsis) and SC/ST are combined then they are majority of India and they all can protect themselves unitedly against the radical mobs who just want to create fitna and fasaad in the land. You don't know anything but just guessing.
Hindustani78 you forgot the 6 buddy you should have named Hindustani786! ;)

They don't in India. I do not know about Sikkimese, but in Maharashtra it is a no-no.

The monks are strictly vegetarians as it is against their ideology to eat any being with consciousness. But there are no such principles for followers. I'm from Darjeeling, a considerable majority is buddhist here.

Sorry America is not a democracy. It is a republic where the people's vote does not count. When you do not care about majority opinion, minority opinion ceases to matter. No one is special.

Lesser spoken about the treatment of minorities in USA the better still.

That's a LOL.

The monks are strictly non vegetarians as it is against their ideology to eat any being with consciousness. But there are no such principles for followers. I'm from Darjeeling, a considerable majority is buddhist here.

As Dray himself said, beef is not popular even among Bengalis baring a few. I assume the same to be the case in Darjeeling too. Actually this is throughout SE Asia. Read quite a few articles where they talk about how they do not generally eat beef. Even Chinese-Dragon chipped in with how traditional people did not eat beef.

A democracy exists to protect the right of the individual; it is not determined by what a majority thinks. Anyhow - it is a free country. No one is forcing you to have beef or indeed condone its consumption. But if someone wants to eat it - it should be their choice.
What if majority dont like it, Does the minority have the obligation of going with the masses? or they want to say its my way or highway to majority? Please give a sensible answer, USA wanted war for 9/11 what happened to the Individual then as you said?Gone down the drain?

That's a LOL.

It is not. Public vote does not matter. Vote by electoral colleges is what determines who becomes the president. Now you should also see who is represented highest in their greatest institution, the prison system. Tell me about the percentage of blacks and hispanics in the prison and then you can LOL. Also tell me about the number of cases which see the light of the court and how many cases are settled on plea bargain.

As Dray himself said, beef is not popular even among Bengalis baring a few. I assume the same to be the case in Darjeeling too. Actually this is throughout SE Asia. Read quite a few articles where they talk about how they do not generally eat beef. Even Chinese-Dragon chipped in with how traditional people did not eat beef.

Even growing up in a Hindu family, i'm not a fan of beef. But in no way i'm going to take the rights from other's to eat what they want.

Buddhists, Jains, Sikhs, and SC/STs are non-beef eaters and their opinions are consonant with the Hindu opinion. A lot of muslims are non-beef eaters too, so they are also out of this match. So where are you going to get your majority from?

Buddhists, SC/ST, Christians, Muslims, Jews and even some Sikhs do eat beef.

Agreed a lot of seculars have been involved in cow selling. But then when you see India, it really has not lived up to its potential or civilizational values. Seculars have destroyed the value system in the country and given birth to gigantic scale corruption. This corruption though is expected to pass with the seculars losing power.

Any hindu who is selling cows doesn't become secular because even Hindus eat beef . Problem is this that some wants to become thekedar of Hinduism and want the other Hindu sects to follow their version of Hinduism. Corruption have been found even in those who claim to be religious but still its on the almighty to judge each individual.

Even growing up in a Hindu family, i'm not a fan of beef. But in no way i'm going to take the rights from other's to eat what they want.

That right is not the only right which is sacrosanct. Life is always about give and take and balance. There are many many rights which are possible and many many rights which are restricted. We don't have a right to eat what we want in India. You cannot for example shoot a tiger and eat it unless you want to be in Jail. So really it is a lot of balancing act.

Actually, that is exactly how it function. A majority of people in the US once believed that slavery was acceptable. A majority of people in Western Europe as late as the 1940s believed that colonialism was acceptable. In most countries today the majority believe that homosexuality is unacceptable. A few hundred years ago a majority of Indians probably believed that Sati was acceptable.

If you think India should be a theocracy - well, that is your right - please file a case to alter the constitution.
Sati was practised by sati devi first due to the insult meted to her,by heckling her husband Lord shiva in Daksha Prajapati Yajna and they paid a price for it.Sati was used by Rajput women to avoid Dishonour at the hands of Muslim invaders who didnt care for battlefield rules or ethics and went around pillaging,looting and raping.It was done in Chittor. Don't equate sati to OK practice among hindus, Purdah system came in place so that Invaders might not lay gaze and lust the women and abduct them by force as they ruled the land.

Wrong i dont need to majority to shove it down throats,Minority does it all the time for hindus elsewhere if you didnt see,Guess what we grow and when two sides collide we will shove it down very deep lets see , we always Win! tada :D Whatever implications you discussed who cares, you dont respect hindu sentiments and values you are going down. Listen all your BS is useless, CUT THE CRAP! Either respect ours or take a hike, We will do what we have to,it is you who gets who always cannot defend yourselves and come running. Happened many times, unless you grew a spine. :P
If push comes to shove, then you will really not have a place to go to. VHP, RSS, and Bajrang Dal along with its other affiliates are 50 million. Now add in their family members and supporters and you will easily get a crowd of 500 million plus. In a polarized environment, that number could easily hike up to 900 million. India stays together by the grace of its traditional people, not its liberal. You antagonize them too much and carry on too much of this in your face secularism, you are heading for a hard time.

Then let me put it bluntly, your Hindutavadis are petty goons, and that too in a handful of states; too much of adventurism from these goons, and their political face and source of power BJP will get reduced to its 80's level. The support BJP is getting in this election is because of their development agenda and Congress failure at multiple levels, not for Hindutva.

That is not how it functions. The policies are decided by the majority. In India the word "secular" was inserted into the constitution without the people approval illegally. So even secularism is an imposition on an unwilling people, so who here can talk of holding up individual freedoms?

Not so simple, you don't have or will have that kind of majority, both at center and state level, BJP doesn't have much presence in most states..

Buddhists, SC/ST, Christians, Muslims, Jews and even some Sikhs do eat beef.

These do not. Those among these who do are negligible to even count.

Then let me put it bluntly, your Hindutavadis are petty goons, and that too in a handful of states; too much of adventurism from these goons, and their political face and source of power BJP will get reduced to its 80's level. The support BJP is getting in this election is because of their development agenda and Congress failure at multiple levels, not for Hindutva.

The only goons in India who thought they had the right to sanctimoniously preach were the seculars as you can see with the bevy of articles in all the Western newspapers who are trying to stop Modi from being elected. The Hindus have been humble and stayed in the background without making any noise. You apparently do not read the comment sections of any newspapers and article pages. India is voting for Hindutva even though it is not politically correct to say so. The secular's time is over.

Back
Top Bottom