What's new

Unique engines sell. Why America and China had to buy from Britain and Russia.

China has never bought TVC engines from Russia and that video of the boy talking about China starts out with completely false account of basic facts about Chinas airfleet that havn't been true for over a decade.

Last edited:
The F-35B has VTOL Lift, from an American Pratt and Whitney Engine with a Lift Fan, on an Aircraft built by Lockheed.

Decades after Harrier. US bought Harrier from Britain because US didn't have F-35B until 2015.

The US bought UK Harriers, b/c they are going to be cannibalized for spare parts to maintain the US fleet of harriers, b/c Harrier production lines are closed and there in no spare part production. Why do you take half truths and then twist them?

The US bought UK Harriers, b/c they are going to be cannibalized for spare parts to maintain the US fleet of harriers, b/c Harrier production lines are closed and there in no spare part production. Why do you take half truths and then twist them?

Don't lie. The US wanted a VTOL plane so they bought Harrier in the 80s.

Don't lie. The US wanted a VTOL plane so they bought Harrier in the 80s.

listen I know you are are big braindead, but bear with me, first you said " US bought Harrier from Britain because US didn't have F-35B until 2015.", I thought this was a reference to the second hand harriers bought from the UK recently, which I explained were bought b/c the US is going to use them for spare parts as production lines are closed for new parts. if you are referring to harriers produced in the 80s, those are McDonnell Douglas harriers, that the US coproduced with the UK. The US has been developing VTOL aircraft together with the UK since the 50s, instead of building from scratch, they built on an older design, b/c its more cost effective, not b/c the US is incapable or VTOL design. you have a tendency to take half truths, and spin them into propaganda narratives.

listen I know you are are big braindead, but bear with me, first you said " US bought Harrier from Britain because US didn't have F-35B until 2015.", I thought this was a reference to the second hand harriers bought from the UK recently, which I explained were bought b/c the US is going to use them for spare parts as production lines are closed for new parts. if you are referring to harriers produced in the 80s, those are McDonnell Douglas harriers, that the US coproduced with the UK. The US has been developing VTOL aircraft together with the UK since the 50s, instead of building from scratch, they built on an older design, b/c its more cost effective, not b/c the US is incapable or VTOL design. you have a tendency to take half truths, and spin them into propaganda narratives.

Harrier was developed by Britain. It was built in the US under license the way Su-27 was built in China as J-11 under license.

Yes but mainly a British project. The technology including engines are all British. Americans put APG-66 in AV-8B but it is minor just as Chinese put Chinese radar in J-11B.

the frame structure and other design elements are different to accomodate a higher payload and range.

Back
Top Bottom