What's new

Unemployment Rate Highest In 45 Years, Reveals Stalled Report: 10 Points

Wow it's even more fck up than I thought. Mumbai stats definitely beat Shanghai stats handsdown. Drs and accountants create job out of thin air.:rofl::rofl::rofl:. if xi said that shit, we would be on CNN frontpage.

Then, in July 2018, the Prime Minister, in his reply to the motion of no-confidence moved in Parliament by the Telugu Desam Party (TDP), asserted that employment generation under his government had been robust.

• ‘India produced 17,000 new chartered accountants [CAs] in the fiscal year 2016– 17; 5,000 of them may have started their own accounting practice. If we assume each accounting practice hired 20 new people, there were one lakh new accounting firm jobs created,’ said the Prime Minister. But, according to the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), the total number of CAs in India was 2,82,193 at the end of 2017. A large chunk does not practise in India. An informed guesstimate of the number of new CAs India produces each year is between 4,000 and 7,000.
  • ‘India produces 80,000 new doctors, dentists and healthcare graduates every year. If we assume that 60 per cent of these started their own medical practice and employed five new people each, then the medical profession created 2,40,000 jobs,’ said the Prime Minister. But many of the doctors may themselves be unemployed!
  • ‘India produces 80,000 new lawyers every year. If 60 per cent of them started their own new legal practice and each employed two or three people, the legal profession created two lakh new jobs,’ said the Prime Minister.

Yashwant Sinha asks in his latest book: Where are the jobs?
https://www.nationalheraldindia.com...ha-asks-in-his-latest-book-where-are-the-jobs

. The keywords in all these assertions are ‘may’, ‘assume’ and ‘if ’. Instead of hard data, the Prime Minister relied on hypotheticals in the Lok Sabha.
Yup typical Indian future tense guesstimate I always highlight, can could should may might. LCA can beat J20 in 5 years time. India could overtake China since 1998. India will send man to space in 2025. India shall have fastest bestest missile. Lol

Last edited:
I'm not sure, about the capabilities of Jaitley but please enlighten me how can that be better with anything but fake aloo and Sona promises and mass scale loan waivers ?

Aganin, I'm not sure if the following data is true or not ( for fiscal deficit...) Its states something different :

https://tradingeconomics.com/india/government-budget

fiscal.jpg

LOL.

Are you seriously holding up this bunch of social media sorcerers and purveyors of mass market mendacity as examples to be followed?

I suppose we both realise that there is no point in taking this conversation further; Modi survives by suspension of disbelief, and other rational observers and I really have no weapons against that mental state.

So what's the real picture?

So, what is the true picture of jobs in India? According to the World Bank, India’s population in 2016 was 132 Crore. The Bank also says the employment rate (the proportion of working age people who are employed) in 2017 came down to 51.9 per cent. A more reliable figure comes from the CMIE: it says the employment rate averaged 42.9 per cent January–October 2016.

Then it fell, thanks to demonetisation. In March 2018, it stood at 40 per cent. ‘The number of persons employed in 2017– 2018 was 406.2 million (40.62 crore). This was 0.1 per cent or (46 lakh) lower than the 406.7 million employed in 2016–2017,’ its report says. In statistical terms, employment has stagnated, while there are one crore Indians who reach an employable age every

50% employment rate......this is from ex bjp strongman. :o::o::o::o::woot::woot::woot::woot:...ooo..I cant wait for the dividend to come.....:china:

LOL.

Are you seriously holding up this bunch of social media sorcerers and purveyors of mass market mendacity as examples to be followed?

I suppose we both realise that there is no point in taking this conversation further; Modi survives by suspension of disbelief, and other rational observers and I really have no weapons against that mental state.

Kindly check posts by @PARIKRAMA you will understand what I mean.

India under Modi is a shining example of what happens when a semi-literate buffoon with a god complex gets to run a country with absolute freedom. There's nobody there to stop him; there's a reign of terror inside his party (no one wants to be a Haren Pandya after all) and the opposition was non existent for much of his tenure. Being a semi-literate in itself is not a problem but his philosophy is also "hard work is better than Harvard" and it's indeed a govt of two and a half men, as Arun Shourie rightly said. His own Chief Economic Advisor was unaware of demonetization. But hey, there are burning issues like Ram Mandir, cows, JNU, anti-nationals, urban-naxals to keep his bhakts happy. In the last 5 years crude prices have been extremely favorable to India and general global economic climate was also better than the 2008-2013 period but these past 5 years were mostly spent on endless publicity drives of one egomaniac and branding anyone opposing the fuhrer as anti-national.

Last edited:
Honestly, Anti Congress automatically Equates to Saffron ?

I really thought you to be rational.

As it happens, I am anti-Congress too, but I am rational. Unlike the worshippers from a personality cult, who, for that reason, given the inclinations of that personality, I call a lighter hue of saffron.

India under Modi is a shining example of what happens when a semi-literate buffoon with a god complex gets to run a country with absolute freedom. There's nobody there to stop him; there's a reign of terror inside his party (no one wants to be a Haren Pandya after all) and the opposition was non existent for much of his tenure. Being a semi-literate in itself is not a problem but his philosophy is also "hard work is better than Harvard" and it's indeed a govt of two and a half men, as Arun Shourie rightly said. His own Chief Economic Advisor was unaware of demonetization. But hey, there are burning issues like Ram Mandir, cows, JNU, anti-nationals, urban-naxals to keep his bhakts happy. In the last 5 years crude prices have been extremely favorable to India and general global economic climate was also better than the 2008-2013 period but these past 5 years were mostly spent on endless publicity drives of one egomaniac and branding anyone opposing the fuhrer as anti-national.

The greatest pleasure I have had in giving a positive rating in a long, long time.

Thank you.

As it happens, I am anti-Congress too, but I am rational. Unlike the worshippers from a personality cult, who, for that reason, given the inclinations of that personality, I call a lighter hue of saffron.

That's my question, Why Anti Congress has to be necessarily Pro BJP and vice versa ?

Also, does being rational always mean to disagree with a certain POV/Thought Process we generally prefer to oppose/usually disagree ? Obviously this can be applicable for any institution , but we cant we stay honest with the application. NO ?

I fully agree on every point except one thing.

Suppose Modi was NOT the PM, was India better under an Italian Remote Control ?

Please Answer me.

And when you ( rightly ) point fingers at cows , Mandirs why do you conveniently forget deep invented issues like "Hindu Terror" , "Intolerance" and "Rafale Scam"

Let's assume Modi is indeed a wrong choice, may I understand the choices and alternatives ?

That's my question, Why Anti Congress has to be necessarily Pro BJP and vice versa ?

Also, does being rational always mean to disagree with a certain POV/Thought Process we generally prefer to oppose/usually disagree ? Obviously this can be applicable for any institution , but we cant we stay honest with the application. NO ?

I fully agree on every point except one thing.

Suppose Modi was NOT the PM, was India better under an Italian Remote Control ?

Please Answer me.

And when you ( rightly ) point fingers at cows , Mandirs why do you conveniently forget deep invented issues like "Hindu Terror" , "Intolerance" and "Rafale Scam"

Let's assume Modi is indeed a wrong choice, may I understand the choices and alternatives ?

No, you may not.

Your response shows how deeply you are committed to a Sanghi point of view. It is a waste of time engaging with bhakts. Not anti-Congress citizens, just straightforward bhakts.

No, you may not.

Your response shows how deeply you are committed to a Sanghi point of view. It is a waste of time engaging with bhakts. Not anti-Congress citizens, just straightforward bhakts.

Why are you in a Hurry to "Label" me as a Bhakt ? I mean seriously WHY ?

With due respect, ( I might be wrong ) Your response .. You r Eagerness and obsession with the words "Bhakt" and "Sanghi"... too, shows that whichever Ideology you belong to, truly, it doesn't permit fair / free exchange of ideas.

Im truly disappointed. I thought we could discuss. But you too are quick to talk about colors rather POVs.
Just one last Query My friend, WHAT or WHO in the world is NOT a Sanghi in your Openion and How can one really Avoid being one.

Thank you.

Mate that's a very Pakistani Argument ( shifting the goalposts). Just like Pakistan claims they won 1965 war by defending Lahore .

Goal of Demonetisation was to make black money invalid . Did not happen . 99 percent of the notes returned (RBI source) . Now it is being claimed it was for tax compliance.

Regarding Tax collections read this : https://www.thehindu.com/business/what-demonetisation-did-to-tax-collections/article23550004.ece

The goal was not to formalise the economy so don't make it one . There are far superior ways to do it .

Are you sure ?
99% note returned .
Exactly one year after demonitisation there was a news clip came in our manorama news channel.
A bank official and his network trying to change their old notes .
The guy was covered .As per his informatio .got through underground network in Kerala around 50000 crore of old currency is safe in different family homes .

We have a reason to believe that .
Before demonitisation there was this hundred of real estate agents looking for
Land deals and they were able to give 5 lacs instead of 2 in hard cash .For common man 5 cent of land for homes was unthinkable .

Now land values stabilised and no more luxury construction .
I wondrr what happened,If this was real cash there was no such issue but only now why ?
Either RBI was wrong or parallel economy was huge .
And AFAIK honest businessmen dont have any issue

How many daily wage laborers got screwed by demonetization? The booming real estate sector has become a nightmare for builders and buyers alike. But hey, Sabarimala and Ram Mandir.

Ok what do you know about Sabarimala issue?

If it is your stand that we are doing well

That has never been my stand. I don't have a stand, because the data was and still is not good enough for my stand to be made (on job situation of India). Everything basically turns into political bickering and "point scoring".

that industry is firing on all cylinders, that a reasonable percentage of the work-force coming into the market each year is employed (and we can discuss 'reasonable'), that wages are at a life-sustaining level, and that those not getting paid wages have earned income that again sustains them, that government collects taxes imposing a tax rate that makes it worthwhile for people to go out and set up more enterprises, that government gathers taxes efficiently, and finally that the government spend addresses the essential problems of poverty and malnutrition, then we should settle down to the joys of self-actualisation and stop worrying about what harm is being done to our processes and systems. If not, we have cause for worry, isn't it?

We will have to flesh these all out one-by one. There is ample opportunity in each of these for you to pull the carpet from beneath my feet (and me not altogether bothering about fallling on the floor because of a good hard truth revealed in the process).....but it needs the requisite credible data and logic. Right now India is still in very nascent stage of it as most developing countries generally are broadly.

Our output/consumption per capita is estimated somewhere in the 20 - 40% range of the real world average estimate. From my studying of historical case studies worldwide...it only becomes a real relevant debate (with enough hard data streams to provide the foundations to the logic) when the figure approaches much closer to the world average....or passes it...i.e India becomes a 50th+ percentile world economy. In the interim, we can only rely on the numbers that are sampled more directly rather than inferred/derived several steps away or were skimmed from a tiny slice of the broader Indian existence etc....the use of the digital age in this w.r.t India may accelerate this to some degree, but again we need to wait and see just how much.

I go into this a bit recently with the Gini distribution for example here (there is more before and later in the thread too, please ignore the idiot trolls trying to derail):

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/indi...o-400-billion-usd.599629/page-3#post-11138900

There are many economics experts writing numerous articles about Chinese problems, Chinese statistics lieing and faking and Chinese imminent collapse even.

Guess you believe they are idiot trolls, how smart you are, lol....

Except there is a small difference here between China and India:

Western economists have every motivations and incentives to defame China, as China challenges the very core of their value system since their great, great grandpa, but they have none against India.

Why are you in a Hurry to "Label" me as a Bhakt ? I mean seriously WHY ?

With due respect, ( I might be wrong ) Your response .. You r Eagerness and obsession with the words "Bhakt" and "Sanghi"... too, shows that whichever Ideology you belong to, truly, it doesn't permit fair / free exchange of ideas.

Im truly disappointed. I thought we could discuss. But you too are quick to talk about colors rather POVs.
Just one last Query My friend, WHAT or WHO in the world is NOT a Sanghi in your Openion and How can one really Avoid being one.

Thank you.

Interesting question.

A bhakt is one who believes that
  1. The opinions of a majority should be equivalent to the laws of the land;
  2. A majority should rule and individual rights don't matter;
  3. A majority can take the law into its own hands, and disregard the Constitution in particular, and the rule of law in general;
  4. Any dissent from majority opinion is anti-national;
  5. Anti-national feeling, as defined by a narrow, religious view about any issue, and as ascribed to a dissenting individual, should lead to expulsion, or to an invitation to leave the country;
  6. A religious figure who is a part of the majority can set the agenda for a political campaign, or for a social movement, or a religious definition, without any further reference or consultation;
  7. A member of the majority has a right to tell others not of his persuasion to change their rules, of diet, and of social interaction, and of marriage, among many others;
This is, I think, an interim report.

Back
Top Bottom