What's new

Undone by himself: Prime Minister Modi proved Candidate Modi's critics right

plz...enough of sarcasm....i am actually sick of PDF turning into BJP/Congress/AAP stooges...where are the bloody Indians here...i wonder!!

Sorry to disappoint. My stay here is very limited and my exposure to this section has been constant partisan anti-BJP posts which don't seem to care how they paint the nation. If fact, they almost seem to wish the nation to fail, merely for them to gloat at Modi's failure.

Anyway, sarcasm, a mild form at that, seems to be an effective coping mechanism for Indians here.

Sorry to disappoint. My stay here is very limited and my exposure to this section has been constant partisan anti-BJP posts which don't seem to care how they paint the nation. If fact, they almost seem to wish the nation to fail, merely for them to gloat at Modi's failure.

Anyway, sarcasm, a mild form at that, seems to be an effective coping mechanism for Indians here.
:)....my disgust was not at you....unlike you i have been on this forum from some time now...have never seen such a divide among Indians..no respect to any logic..just bhagti...On a lighter note it seems in the age of social media parties are planting their stooges everywhere :D....

:)....my disgust was not at you....unlike you i have been on this forum from some time now...have never seen such a divide among Indians..no respect to any logic..just bhagti...On a lighter note it seems in the age of social media parties are planting their stooges everywhere :D....

No problem, I got that your post wasn't directed at me.

I might be partisan again but the reason you see such divide is the same as why Church attacks are being highlighted more than they were in UPA rule as the IB report suggests, the party in power. Same tactics has been used every time a 'non-secular' government was in center right from 1977.

Anyway, this is the age of social media propaganda and counter-propaganda, so obviously there'll be party hacks, though, their presence would be most felt at significant times such as elections.

I am a Modi supporter, but its clear that the level of internet support that was there during LS elections has dwindled, and it will rise again in important state elections - Bihar, UP and obviously the 2019 LS. At other times, it will be dialed down.

It is times like these makes me miss Akash Mukherjee. (Those who have been early readers of FP will know who I'm talking about).

Modi is not God, and like other men he makes mistakes. however, as far as I can see for the first time after Nehru we actually have a PM who has a vision for the country more than only staying in power and self enrichment. Nehru made mistakes and certainly with hind sight we can see that his economic models were definitely not in the best interests of the country but at least he had some kind of grand plan and genuine idealism, nobody else ever did.

This man wants to modernize India so at least let's give him a chance and some time to do it, at least he is trying which is more than can be said of anyone else. Why does he need a graded report card from Lakshmi Choudry or Mani Shankar Aiyar every day? He has in the last, less than a year, achieved more especially in the diplomatic field than most people ever though could be done. His modus operandi seems to work. If in 5 years he delivers half of what he promised then that would be more than any other prime minister to date and more than Rahul Gandhi could do in 10 lifetimes.

The reason why people are so polarized is precisely because of this constant daily and unrelenting nit picking that no one else has ever been subjected to....of course that is not to say that genuine criticism should not be made.... But leave his style and methods alone, they work and they are legal.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom