What's new

UNDER NUCLEAR ATTACK? DRDO CAPSULES TO ACT AS DE-CORPORATING AGENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you could have just said that instead of making it sound like its some Hindu conspiracy.

Here's DRDO publication,

http://publications.drdo.gov.in/ojs/index.php/dsj/article/view/829/353

Your link won't open however in the part you quoted it does not state anything about a nuclear attack. Did it ever cross your mind that DRDO deals with nuclear weapons and accidents happen so it has to deal with the issue of radiation exposure? This exposure is like a seconds worth and also just of materials that were exposed to radioactive material. You can't say this is the same as a pill to ward off radiation from a nuclear attack. In fact the part you quoted seems to suggest that where it counteracts some radiation in mice (note some and mice), it may just be toxic - when was it made into a wonder drug as the article claimed?

I never said its a Hindu conspiracy - I said its probably propped up by some Hindu party, as is Sai baba, as was the milk drinking monkey or elephant idol and so many others. Tulsi is also the prime feature of most Indian households where they grow the plant and care for it like its some divine being. So that was my thinking process.

Atlast, we can agree to disagree, because we may not find whether it is true or not.

Its a theory at best and theories remain false until proven as a fact and anti-radiation meds are mostly science fiction right now (like going close to stars and things like that). Right now the effort is solely on diminishing effects of exposure.

The capsule is being designed to protect people from gamma rays .People within the immediate proximity of explosion will vaporize with in seconds but those far beyond will be affected by gamma radiation.The main use of this drug would be in case of radioactive leakage from a nuclear power plant.Very exciting research going on here.

It is true that these drugs should be extensively tested before we take these into routine use.when i will get posted in cath lab( for doing angiography and angioplasty). every patient that undergo angio recieves a lot of radiation and so do the doctors involved. we do not use any drug for radio protection for us and the patient (it is like a daily dose of nuclear radiation for us-of course less but still frightening). not much facilities are available in west as well for protection other than usual lead apron and all. i think i'll contact DRDO for trial of the drug atleast in doctors(voluntary), if they do not allow in patients because after 1-2 months of working in cath lab skin of back of neck and exposed hands and feet turn black due to radiation and we can measure that. for test in patients it is difficult because first they have to verify that drug does not affect heart or kidneys, which we can not compromise in patients atleast as these patients are already high risk.

I did a google to see if there is anything reputable out there or not. The claim was DRDO invented a wonder drug that can help you ward off the radiation from an actual nuclear attack.

Take this pill and then put your head in the microwave and it won't save you from that.

hey didn't u read the very first post they have tested on lab rat
next is,going 2 be monkeys and then on humans ...... so according to William next is ur turn thera number aayega.....

Your link won't open however in the part you quoted it does not state anything about a nuclear attack. Did it ever cross your mind that DRDO deals with nuclear weapons and accidents happen so it has to deal with the issue of radiation exposure? This exposure is like a seconds worth and also just of materials that were exposed to radioactive material. You can't say this is the same as a pill to ward off radiation from a nuclear attack. In fact the part you quoted seems to suggest that where it counteracts some radiation in mice (note some and mice), it may just be toxic - when was it made into a wonder drug as the article claimed?

Thats strange, cause the link works for me. Here's where it says that these herbal compounds can be developed for human use. This paper was published in March 2011, they must have done more research into this field.

4.3 Post-irradiation Protection or Mitigation

Radioprotective chemicals are effective when administered before exposure and therefore, they will not be useful in unplanned exposures, as in nuclear accidents and spillage and nuclear warfare. In such cases, the agents have to be effective when administered after irradiation and such agents are called radiation-mitigators, but it is not important that they should preferentially protect normal tissues. Very few compounds have shown such effect. The vitamins C and E have been reported to protect mouse bone marrow chromosomes even when administered shortly after irradiation[SUP]38[/SUP]. Srinivasan,[SUP]42[/SUP] et. al. and Kumar[SUP]43 [/SUP]et. al. found that vitamin E was effective post-irradiation administration scenario. a-TMG gave maximum protection against whole-body irradiation when administered within a short time after irradiation[SUP]46, 47[/SUP]. The possibility of developing these into drugs for human application in nuclear emergencies is worth considering

I never said its a Hindu conspiracy - I said its probably propped up by some Hindu party, as is Sai baba, as was the milk drinking monkey or elephant idol and so many others. Tulsi is also the prime feature of most Indian households where they grow the plant and care for it like its some divine being. So that was my thinking process.

I hate the scam baba's and "miracles" as much as you do. But its not that hard to dig up some information and do some research on the subject. Discrediting the whole study solely because it had "Tulsi" mentioned seems like a very biased and paranoid approach to me.

Tulsi has proven medicinal values. How is this for a Hindu party trying to prop it up?

http://www.biolmedonline.com/Articles/vol1_2_42-53.pdf

All three Muslim Researchers, at Aligarh Muslim University.

http://docsdrive.com/pdfs/academicjournals/ajdd/0000/29842-29842.pdf

Islamic University, Bangladesh.

Apart from scientific research by DRDO..
Here r some thing which China try to patent from India...No its not scientific ....
they try to get it from Ayurveda
as my pakistani counter part says all India mythylogical tradition r bogus

India has won a crucial patent dispute against China for treating influenza and epidemic fever through medicinal formulations using 'pudina' (mint) and 'kalamegha' (andrographis), the Lok Sabha was informed on Friday. Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare S Gandhiselvan said Chinese pharmaceutical company Livzon Pharmaceutical Group Inc, Guangdong, had filed a patent application with the European Patent Office (EPO).
The minister, in a written reply, said China, in its patent application, claimed to have traditional medicine composition for treatment of avian influenza, as well as its method for preparation and application. It was filed in January 2007.

He said officials at EPO, after examining the application, conveyed their intention to grant the patent to the Chinese company.

But April 27 this year, the Department of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH) found in its digital library that they had references from Ayurveda and Unani books about the use of pudina and kalamegha being used to treat influenza and epidemic fever.

“Traditional Knowledge Digital Library (TKDL) jointly set up by AYUSH and CSIR made a submission to EPO on the basis of available prior art references from Ayurveda and Unani text books the details of four medicinal formulations where pudina and kalamegha have been used for the treatment of influenza, epidemic fever,” Gandhiselvan said.

In their application, they also stated that the uses of these products have been known for hundreds of years in the Ayurveda and Unani systems of medicine.

“A team of examiners in EPO considered the evidences on pre-existing knowledge of Ayurveda and Unani,” he added.

On June 10 this year, the patent office decided to cancel their earlier intention of granting patent to the Chinese firm.

“The EPO thus upheld the Indian claim that the medicinal properties of pudina and kalamegha were known to Indian traditional medical system in particular for treatment of influenza and epidemic fever,” he added.

India wins patent dispute against China for flu medicine - Hindustan Times

This is good work by scientist.. Already many ancient medicinal compounds have been lost..
We even had medicine for AIDS in the past called as "MEGA NOI" in tamil.. But the medicinal compound formula is lost.. There are many groups still actively involved in finding scriptures about it and also about "sanjeevani" herb compound..

Radioprotective chemicals are effective when administered before exposure and therefore, they will not be useful in unplanned exposures, as in nuclear accidents and spillage and nuclear warfare.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ct-de-corporating-agents-4.html#ixzz1yibIOXPp

Can I get a hell YEAH!?

Big of you to post it since I couldn't open the link...

Your sense of offense on my linking it to habitual Hindu trends from personal anecdotes, aside (and I do request to be excused for causing that offense) - but on the science of it all - So you fessed up after reading it from the source - So case closed? The premise of the OP is false? It won't work in the case of nuclear warfare and anti-radiation meds is a valid study of science which is going on in India and elsewhere all over the world.

My personal take - Stay away from ayurvedic, neem hakeemi.

^^^ Asim, I am as skeptic as you, especially of claims by drdo, so lets see whether it gets published in an international journal.
But the bit you quoted above actually means the opposite, i.e. unlike radioprotective chemicals, this one has the potential to be applied in post radiation scenario.

=Asim Aquil;3097457]CTRL-F DRDO - Nothing

CTRL-F Nuclear Attack - nothing

what a clueless person u are ..:lol: ? the article's from defense science journal ,check out whats written in top left side of the page , DEFENCE SCIENCE JOURNAL ..
http://publications.drdo.gov.in/ojs/index.php/dsj

here's another one

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...9JFQ0B&sig=AHIEtbSCP9SNw77CxMkip7pvkhx7gv1Oag

high-altitude region plants, that find extensive use in traditional Ayurvedic and
Tibetean system of medicine for treatment of a number of ailments, revealed radioprotective properties in Podophyllum hexandrum (Berberidaceae), Hippophae rhamnoides (Elaegnaceae) and Tinospora cordifolia (Menispermaceae). Intraperitoneal administration of a single dose of Podophyllum hexandrum (200 mg/kg b.w.; -2h), Hippophae rhamnoides (30 mg/kg b.w. –30 min) and Tinospora cordifolia (200 mg/kg b.w.; -1h), to Strain ‘A’ mice prior prior to total-body lethal 60 Co gamma irradiation (10Gy) rendered 93.3%, 81.7% and 76.2% survival respectively at 30 days.

Pakistanis are quite funny jin exists but protection against radiation through herbal medications is BULLC%$P .....:lol::lol:

Can I get a hell YEAH!?

Big of you to post it since I couldn't open the link...

Your sense of offense on my linking it to habitual Hindu trends from personal anecdotes, aside (and I do request to be excused for causing that offense) - but on the science of it all - So you fessed up after reading it from the source - So case closed? The premise of the OP is false? It won't work in the case of nuclear warfare and anti-radiation meds is a valid study of science which is going on in India and elsewhere all over the world.

My personal take - Stay away from ayurvedic, neem hakeemi.

Uh what? you didn't read it properly, allow me to quote it again,

4.3 Post-irradiation Protection or Mitigation

Radioprotective chemicals are effective when administered before exposure and therefore, they will not be useful in unplanned exposures, as in nuclear accidents and spillage and nuclear warfare. In such cases, the agents have to be effective when administered after irradiation and such agents are called radiation-mitigators, but it is not important that they should preferentially protect normal tissues. Very few compounds have shown such effect. The vitamins C and E have been reported to protect mouse bone marrow chromosomes even when administered shortly after irradiation[SUP]38[/SUP]. Srinivasan,[SUP]42[/SUP] et. al. and Kumar[SUP]43 [/SUP]et. al. found that vitamin E was effective post-irradiation administration scenario. a-TMG gave maximum protection against whole-body irradiation when administered within a short time after irradiation[SUP]46, 47[/SUP]. The possibility of developing these into drugs for human application in nuclear emergencies is worth considering
The part highlighted in blue,

Its saying that Radioprotective chemicals are not affective in cases of unplanned exposure, but the compounds found in this herb was found to be effective even when it was given after the exposure to radiation, for the rats anyways. So there is a good chance it will be effective for humans too.

How could you miss that?

what a clueless person u are ..:lol: ? the article's from defense science journal ,check out whats written in top left side of the page , DEFENCE SCIENCE JOURNAL ..
http://publications.drdo.gov.in/ojs/index.php/dsj

Why are you telling that to me? I didn't call that link DRDO publication

Uh what? you didn't read it properly, allow me to quote it again,

The part highlighted in blue,

Its saying that Radioprotective chemicals are not affective in cases of unplanned exposure, but the compounds found in this herb was found to be effective even when it was given after the exposure to radiation, for the rats anyways. So there is a good chance it will be effective for humans too.

How could you miss that?

If that's the case then you can bet that this herb also would protect you squat against a nuclear attack exposure.

If that's the case then you can bet that this herb also would protect you squat against a nuclear attack exposure.

You don't need to bet about such things. If the scientific research proves that it will work, then it should work. Am still not sure as to why you are doubting its capability and based on what. Is it because its a natural compound?

Indian delusions of grandure now in medical sciences................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom