What's new

UNDER NUCLEAR ATTACK? DRDO CAPSULES TO ACT AS DE-CORPORATING AGENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't dispute that, but there's no pill that will prevent you from permanently be safe from a nuclear attack.

There are some anti-radiation meds theorized and perhaps available to keep you safe from small dosages of exposure, but a nuclear attack?

India is a rich source for such scams as well. Note it said this research is based upon the work of life scientists. I am sure DRDO is not behind this some Hindu party is behind the rumor since the research is on the use of tulsi - a very hindu thing.

India has a fascination with medical wonders like the guy who hasn't eaten anything in 50 years but is still completely fit.

You don't want me to act on that advice. While you are deciding what PDF needs, try to read this: http://www.defence.pk/forums/announcements/41367-troll-fatwas.html

wOW !!

Tulsi is considered one of the most famous medicinal plant..a very good antidote when suffering from common cold and cough.go and learn something before exposing anti-india and anti-hindu mentality...

Umm where did you get Tulsi from? And even if one of the ingredients was Tulsi, does scientific research mean nothing to you? As I said the research papers have been published in peer reviewed journals about the radio protective property of these herbs. But since "Tulsi"(no idea where you got that from) is used in Ayurveda, a Hindu thing, it has to be scam.

Blatant Hinduphobia.

Man don't use this fake indignation routine on me, what I said was judging from trends in India related to wonder drugs which have been bogus, this is most likely one of them and most likely just a rumor.

Where is the official statement from DRDO that they have done such a thing? How I got tulsi? I googled this thing and did my due diligence before I opened my mouth.

really..are you in troll mode today Asim? wake up and smell some fresh air:hitwall:

I will tell you to read the same thing: http://www.defence.pk/forums/announcements/41367-troll-fatwas.html

And go learn the meaning of the word trolling. It does not mean to disagree.

wOW !!

Tulsi is considered one of the most famous medicinal plant..a very good antidote when suffering from common cold and cough.go and learn something before exposing anti-india and anti-hindu mentality...

You should wow at your more than militant approach in defending a super bongi from some third rate sources and no official word from DRDO to back it up.

Man don't use this fake indignation routine on me, what I said was judging from trends in India related to wonder drugs which have been bogus, this is most likely one of them and most likely just a rumor.

Where is the official statement from DRDO that they have done such a thing? How I got tulsi? I googled this thing and did my due diligence before I opened my mouth.

I will tell you to read the same thing: http://www.defence.pk/forums/announcements/41367-troll-fatwas.html

tell me one thing u want us to believe your google research..but you will dismiss the scientific research done by extremely pro-efficient scientist as fantasy or Hindu thing or Scam...god..u really need some help..atleast be practicle

CTRL-F DRDO - Nothing

CTRL-F Nuclear Attack - nothing

Ctrl F DRDO - nothing
Ctrl F Nuclear attack - nothing

Don't throw papers in my face and that too hosted on google docs, quote me relevant parts from reputable links.

tell me one thing u want us to believe your google research..but you will dismiss the scientific research done by extremely pro-efficient scientist as fantasy or Hindu thing or Scam...god..u really need some help..atleast be practicle

I did a google to see if there is anything reputable out there or not. The claim was DRDO invented a wonder drug that can help you ward off the radiation from an actual nuclear attack.

Take this pill and then put your head in the microwave and it won't save you from that.

You should wow at your more than militant approach in defending a super bongi from some third rate sources and no official word from DRDO to back it up.

The benefits of Tulsi is not some scam in recent times but something which has been mentioned in books written thousands of years ago...

And even if u dont want to accept in books written by Hindus(as most Pakistanis consider Hindus before the advent of Islam in Subcontinet as barbarians and were waiting for Islam to enlighten them)...Tulsi is used even now by many people as home made medicines for common ailments..here is an article written by a non-Indian..

Uses of Tulsi Plant Leafl

Uses of Tulsi Plant Leaf
By Neal Litherland, eHow Contributor

Definition
The tulsi plant is easily identified by its purple crown and stem, with wide, green leaves. Referred to in India as the "Queen of Herbs," Tulsi is more commonly known to those in Western medicine as Holy Basil. For more 5,000 years this herb has been used in India for everything from preventing colds and infections to preparing soothing skin balms.

Antioxidant
The tulsi plant has been tested and found to be a remarkable antioxidant. What this means is it has the ability to slow oxidation in the body. The process of oxidation damages cells in the body and may contribute to the worsening of pre-existing conditions, as well as effects caused by aging. Other antioxidants include vitamins E and C.

Immune Booster
Another of the properties of the tulsi plant is that it also acts as a natural immune system booster. This has been one of the plant's more common uses throughout history, and it is still one of its more valued benefits. While generally effective on boosting a person's entire immune system, the tulsi plant appears to provide the largest benefit to the respiratory system, and in fighting infections in that area.

Other Benefits
The numbers of benefits that are attributed to the tulsi plant are many. Some of the more common ones include stress relief, enhanced metabolism, increased stamina, lower cholesterol, and improved digestion.

Tea
The most common way for people to get the benefits of the tulsi plant is to drink tea made from its leaves. Additionally, many companies are now harvesting several varieties of the tulsi plant and mixing them together to achieve the healthiest results for their customers. Depending on a person's wants, needs, and preferences, chances are good there is a tulsi tea that caters to the benefits that they desire.

Read more: Uses of Tulsi Plant Leaf | eHow.com Uses of Tulsi Plant Leaf | eHow.com

Also...

MEDICINAL PLANTS

CTRL-F DRDO - Nothing

CTRL-F Nuclear Attack - nothing
Ctrl F DRDO - nothing
Ctrl F Nuclear attack - nothing

Don't throw papers in my face and that too hosted on google docs, quote me relevant parts from reputable links.
From point of view of a researcher, you cannot take things on facevalue without evident proof. If DRDO gets a patent and publish in a reputed research journal with high impact factor, then only we can reach to a conclusion. (or they might keep the synthesis a secret then case will be different)

But from what i have observed in research in India is that such breakthrough can be made. Biotechnology and Nanotechnology has become one of the sought branch.

The benefits of Tulsi is not some scam in recent times but something which has been mentioned in books written thousands of years ago...

And even if u dont want to accept in books written by Hindus(as most Pakistanis consider Hindus before the advent of Islam in Subcontinet as barbarians and were waiting for Islam to enlighten them)...Tulsi is used even now by many people as home made medicines for common ailments..here is an article written by a non-Indian..
Now you are on to benefits of Tulsi from DRDO Tulsi saving you from a nuclear attack. Awesome, good show.

Yes absolutely same as saving you from nuclear attacks.

From point of view of a researcher, you cannot take things on facevalue without evident proof. If DRDO gets a patent and publish in a reputed research journal with high impact factor, then only we can reach to a conclusion. (or they might keep the synthesis a secret then case will be different)

But from what i have observed in research in India is that such breakthrough can be made. Biotechnology and Nanotechnology has become one of the sought branch.

So you were 'less than accurate' when you said "DRDO publication", explain me your rationalizing process when you claimed that link to be a DRDO publication?

The whole point is the initial article that said this is a DRDO created pill is a big fat lie.

Well you could have just said that instead of making it sound like its some Hindu conspiracy.

The interview itself was given by DRDO's Chief Controller and life sciences head, isn't that official enough? Here's a paper from DRDO's journal,

http://publications.drdo.gov.in/ojs/index.php/dsj/article/view/829/353

Extracts prepared from Podophyllum hexandrum and Hippophae rhamnoides have been studied extensively for their ability to render in vivo radioprotection. Fractionated extract from P. hexandrum rhizome have been shown to protect cellular DNA[SUP]53[/SUP], scavenge radiation and chemical induced free radicals[SUP]53[/SUP] and modulate cell cycle progression. The fractionated extract rendered more than 90 per cent survival in mice with letha WBI and an estimated DRF of 1.62 for 30 day survival[SUP]54[/SUP] has been reported. It also protected against radiation-induced chromosomal damage[SUP]55[/SUP], enhanced liver and intestine antioxidant levels54 and also protected the hematopoietic system[SUP]53[/SUP]. The effective radioprotective dose for P. hexandrum extract is well below the maximum tolerable dose[SUP]54[/SUP] and both intraperitoneal and intramuscular routes have been demonstrated to impart significant radioprotection, at least in animal models.

An extract prepared from the berries of Hippophae rhamnoides has shown similar (> 90 %) survival in mice with lethal WBI[SUP]56, 57[/SUP]. It protected DNA in vitro[SUP]58, 59[/SUP], reduced bone marrow cytogenetic damage[SUP]60[/SUP], scavenged radiation and chemical-induced free radicals[SUP]55[/SUP], reduced cytotoxicity in cultured cells61. Another extract prepared from the leaves of H. rhamnoides, has been reported to be less toxic besides being radioprotective[SUP]62-64[/SUP]. It protected genomic DNA at very low concentrations as well as effectively scavenged free radicals[SUP]62[/SUP]. Leaf extract of H. Rhamnoides has been reported to protect the liver and hemopoietic system in whole-body irradiated mice[SUP]63, 64[/SUP]. Though both the plant extracts seem highly promising for application as in vivo radioprotectors, their toxicity is yet to be studied.

The chances are that they discovered some new drug which helps alleviate negative effects of radiation.

This could be a case of media misinterpretation.

Most Indians here need these DRDO capsules pronto, because of the nuke attacks they face daily on PDF!! Lol!
lol-060.gif

People who sweats in peace time bleeds less in war

Now you are on to benefits of Tulsi from DRDO Tulsi saving you from a nuclear attack. Awesome, good show.

Yes absolutely same as saving you from nuclear attacks.

So you were 'less than accurate' when you said "DRDO publication", explain me your rationalizing process when you claimed that link to be a DRDO publication?

The whole point is the initial article that said this is a DRDO created pill is a big fat lie.
A DRDO publication may not be send to other journals as most of the journals clearly say the work shouldn't be published elsewhere. Second thing is patent, well after the publication you can apply for patent which has to be done in certain period of time. As far as research of this magnitude is concerned, the entire study is not revealed for the sole purpose of having upper hand on your opponent.

Atlast, we can agree to disagree, because we may not find whether it is true or not.

P.S.- The pills save from gamma rays not micro waves, so don't put you hand in microwave oven after taking this pill :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom