What's new

UN warns Pakistan on refugee plan

The video is created by me and i know who posted comments there so please... :lol:

afghunter is afghan, orakzai is afghan and so is ajmaljoe. Shokiutube is not swearing at pakistan and is the only pakistani pashtun that commented and is promoting peace. I never said he was afghan. Now if u've been using utube for longer time than me u have every right to dispute that.

This doesn't prove anything. I could go to wikipedia, claim to know 4 other people that edit an article denouncing India, and claim they're all Indians who edited it without having met them in my life. This is not credible.

And i don't see the kalashnikow culture as the problem but the afghan mindset and inacceptance of the fact we pakistanis have our own land and pakistani pashtuns are proud pakistanis is a problem! I have shot a few rounds with kalikovs and kalashnikovs and have been at shooting ranges too... i like it that way..... no problem with firearms. And then an idiot who wants to shoot me won't dare cauz they know i will fire back. :agree:

You've been speaking to too many internet Afghans (I'm not interested in the stories you hear from friends btw - they are about as credible as wikipedia and youtube). The bottom line is this. I have seen no survey of Afghanis in Afghanistan regarding the ownership of NWFP. Until I do, I don't think it's right to accuse them of wanting to "steal" Pakistani lands.

Thats my kind of rule. Thats why i always say. Pakistani pashtuns are the kings of pakistan yaaar... :D lol.

But fact remains afghanistan has always created issues and problems for us. Always. They have never been grateful and always blamed us. Go to any afghan video and if you don't find them swearing at us change my name. Then when we say get out of our land if u hate us so much they say Pakistan is their own land and they owned it at time of duranni empire... wow. Peaceful poor afghans my foot! Kick them out. We are sick of this attitude. They are really living 300-400 years ago.

Right, who are these Afghanis? Could they have an agenda? Youtube is not real or credible. I think Afghanistan is quite an unnatural nation. Each factional group has its own political agenda, so it's natural to expect some anti Pakistan elements and some pro Pakistani elements.

we as humans let alone muslims should let them stay in pakistan however long they need to stay.

we as humans let alone muslims should let them stay in pakistan however long they need to stay.

Do you have any idea at all about the situation that is being cause in pakistan before coming up with the helping thing as humanbeings and muslims. I would suggest you to have a reality checkup from coming up with suggestions like these. Nor that it matters that stands for me as well, but the point is that we as pakistanies need to get out of this ummah, human being muslim **** and need to focus on the betterment of pakistan not these selfish bastards.
Remember Musharraf's words, that pakistan comes first.

This doesn't prove anything. I could go to wikipedia, claim to know 4 other people that edit an article denouncing India, and claim they're all Indians who edited it without having met them in my life. This is not credible.
You've been speaking to too many internet Afghans (I'm not interested in the stories you hear from friends btw - they are about as credible as wikipedia and youtube). The bottom line is this. I have seen no survey of Afghanis in Afghanistan regarding the ownership of NWFP. Until I do, I don't think it's right to accuse them of wanting to "steal" Pakistani lands.
Right, who are these Afghanis? Could they have an agenda? Youtube is not real or credible. I think Afghanistan is quite an unnatural nation. Each factional group has its own political agenda, so it's natural to expect some anti Pakistan elements and some pro Pakistani elements.

You talk of credibility. Thats funny and you cite and obtain your information from Wikipedia. Wikipedia is the most bogus source to get information. Any one can go on that website and write an article. Next time when you cite an article make sure its authentic.

Re: UN warns Pakistan on refugee plan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is strange.

There around 100,000 Tibetan refugees in India, and they don't cause any trouble.
They live in their own communities and are mostly educated and reasonably well off.
Several of them study in universities...some have even made it to IITs.

Let me tell why the real reasons:

1. Let me correct your 1st fault, nobody call this word "Tibet", we call it Xizang. Because Tibet is a ugly word from the gross English colonist.

2. These 100,000 Tibetan, they are not the refugee. They are the exile rebel who cause to many violence in China.

3. Do you know how many Tibetan live in China, more than 5,000,000, why they don't want go to India, because they are one part of Chinese. we are one family.

4. Do you guys know anything about the old history of Xizang before 1950s. DaLai control this area like a afreet. They implemented slavery social system and killed the live people as sacrifice. If you don't believe, please go to Xizang, the exhibition in museum will tell you the truth. You will see the people's skin, hand, leg there, all of them were cut off by the Monks there before.

5. I tell you a story, If a crazy dog can bite his master before, it can bite the other in the future. Especially somebody who toke it in.

6. Congratulations! you are the next who will be bit.

Do you have any idea at all about the situation that is being cause in pakistan before coming up with the helping thing as humanbeings and muslims. I would suggest you to have a reality checkup from coming up with suggestions like these. Nor that it matters that stands for me as well, but the point is that we as pakistanies need to get out of this ummah, human being muslim **** and need to focus on the betterment of pakistan not these selfish bastards.
Remember Musharraf's words, that pakistan comes first.

I agree... they are creating only problems for us. I will stand by my previous words that the sooner we kick them out the better.

Plz stop this non-practical Pan-Islamic Brotherhood theories. Its all crap. First we don't have enough food to feed our people and on top we invite more habitual hungries to take away our people living.
Before Afghan war we had peace inside Pakistan. After war no peace inside no peace outside.All our borders are unsave.Godamn all type of color and creed of terrorist or nationality can be found in Pakistan, arabs,afros, brits and now Turks....
Are we responsible muslim brotherhood ????. Way you guys talk about " afghan hamara bhai ",try talk in Arab land...and feel the reaction right away.

i dont think that sending all of the afghan refugees in one swoop will solve the problem this will only destablize afghanistan more and then more people will come as refugees. i think that these rash moves by the government will comeback to harm us. plus not all afghans are involved in crime i am sure most of them are nice hard working people who just want to live a safe life and send their kids to school. Pakistan has lost a lot of goodwill in afghanistan sending these people back to afghanistan will only add to to that.

Give me one good reason why they should stay? Tell me one good thing they have done for Pakistan.

I'll tell u the problems they have brought (AGAIN):
--terrorism (Mehsuds fighters are made up of many uzbeks carrying afghan passports)
--crime
--drugs
--weapons

Since my friends claims don't count who himself is a police officer a source will have to do ;):

As more refugees continue to enter Pakistan the crime rate also seems to be going up. The government must take drastic steps to control the situaltion before it gets out of hand and manage the inflow of refugees.

--Pashtunistan: The afghan government is pushing the pashtunistan issue further. And if forums and afghan comments are'nt the way to understand what afghans think about us then would you mind explaining how else we can find out. Please think about Pakistan. We are gaining nothing from keeping them and they are a constant waste of our resources and an unnecessary burden. U might remember durand line issue had completely become dormant when Khar-zai :lol:... was'nt ruling them. Now its been reborn.

An article just for you:
Afghanistan: 'Pashtunistan' Issues Linger Behind Afghan-Pakistani Row

Recent tensions between Kabul and Islamabad show that mutual suspicions still exist in an old dispute known as the "Pashtunistan question." And it is a question with a fundamental bearing on the foreign policies of both countries.

PRAGUE, March 24, 2006 (RFE/RL) -- The issue of a Pashtun national homeland along the Afghan-Pakistan border has been largely dormant for the last 40 years. Dormant -- but unresolved. And now, arguments from the century-old debate are surfacing again in a way that affects the international war against terrorism.

For many ethnic Pashtuns, "Pashtunistan" is an historic homeland that was divided in 1893 by the Durand Line -- a 2,450 kilometer demarcation line drawn by the British through Pashtun tribal lands to suit the defensive needs of British colonial India.

For Islamabad, the issue represents a territorial claim against Pakistan -- particularly parts of Pakistan's Baluchistan Province and the tribal regions where Pakistani security forces are battling pro-Taliban militants. The reason is that Pakistan inherited the Durand Line from British colonial India as its northwestern border with Afghanistan.

An Old And Pivotal Dispute

A boy studies in an Islamabad madrasah (epa) A boy studies in an Islamabad madrasah (epa)"The current tensions between Afghanistan and Pakistan are actually nothing new," says Barnett Rubin, an expert on Afghanistan at New York University's Center for International Cooperation. "They have been the normal state of relations between those two countries ever since the founding of Pakistan in 1947. Afghanistan was the only member of the UN General Assembly at that time to vote against the admission of Pakistan, on the grounds that it had not given the right of self-determination to its Pashtun inhabitants -- and particularly those in the tribal territories. Afghanistan has never recognized the Durand Line between the two countries as an international border."

Rubin says Pakistan's concerns about Pashtun territorial claims had been one of the reasons why "old-school elements" within Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence supported the Taliban during the 1990s.

He says the issue also underscores why it was in the interests of Pakistan's foreign-policy goals for madrasahs to provide a fundamentalist Islamic education to the children of the millions of Afghan refugees who fled to Pakistan during the 1980s and 1990s.

Pakistan "did have a long-term commitment, going back 30 years, toward supporting ethnic Pashtun religious extremists in Afghanistan in order to ensure that an Afghan government would side with Pakistan against India -- and would not raise the issue of the Pashtun territory," Rubin says.

The reason is that "Pashtun Islamists are not nationalists and do not support that kind of ethnic issue against a fellow Muslim country -- unlike the Pashtun nationalists," Rubin says.

Rubin also links the tensions between Islamabad and Kabul to Pakistan's concerns about the strengthening of ties between India and the government of Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

"This is, of course, embedded within the competition in South Asia between Pakistan and India," he argues. "Throughout most of the period since 1947, Afghanistan has tended to be closer to India, which it uses to balance Pakistan. The government of Hamid Karzai has also resurrected the old policy of former Afghan governments of having direct relations between the Afghan government and Pashtun political leaders and tribes within Pakistan."

Catching Al-Qaeda, Not Catching The Taliban?

A Pakistani soldier on the site of a market destroyed in fighting in early March between Taliban militants and security forces, town of Miran Shah in North Waziristan (epa) A Pakistani soldier on the site of a market destroyed in fighting in early March between Taliban militants and security forces, town of Miran Shah in North Waziristan (epa)Ahmad Rashid, a Pakistani journalist and author of the book "Taliban," agrees that the Pashtunistan debate and the strengthening of Afghan-Indian ties are both sources of concern for Islamabad.

Rashid says officials in Kabul think Islamabad has often turned a blind eye toward Taliban fighters in Pakistani territory over the past four years because some elements in Pakistan still want to use fundamentalists to influence the policies of the Afghan government.

"Pakistan is doing quite a lot to catch the Arabs and Al-Qaeda," Rashid says. "But the Afghan accusation stems from the fact that [Kabul] believes Pakistan is differentiating between catching Al-Qaeda and not catching the Taliban."

Rashid notes that as relations between Kabul and Islamabad have deteriorated, Pakistani officials have resurrected old accusations against Afghanistan. For example, Islamabad recently accused Kabul of supporting Indian agents along the Afghan-Pakistani border. It also has accused Kabul of aiding separatist movements by ethnic Pashtuns and ethnic Baluchis on Pakistan's side of the border:

"Pakistan is saying that Afghanistan is interfering in Baluchistan [Province and that] it has allowed India to support the insurgency in Baluchistan through its consulates in Kandahar and Jalalabad," Rashid says. "Pakistan is also saying now most recently that Al-Qaeda militants are arriving from Afghanistan and stirring up trouble in [the ethnic Pashtun tribal region of] Waziristan."

Washington And The 'Pashtunistan Question'

Villagers in North Waziristan flee from fighting between Pakistani security forces and Taliban militants in early March (epa) Villagers in North Waziristan flee from fighting between Pakistani security forces and Taliban militants in early March (epa)Teresita Schaffer, director of the South Asia program at the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies, says the United States is trying to encourage Afghanistan and Pakistan to have the best possible relationship. But she says the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush does not seem to realize the sensitive nature of Pakistani-Afghan relations.

Afghan Foreign Minister Abdullah Abdullah has been telling journalists in Washington this week that the West must have a better understanding of what he called "the continuing war of words" between Kabul and Islamabad. Abdullah says disagreements between the two countries must been seen in the context of "domestic and regional" relations as well as the international war against terrorism.

On March 23, Karzai told a counterterrorism conference in the Turkish capital, Ankara, that extremist tendencies and terrorism in Afghanistan have emanated from "political agendas and the pursuit of narrow interests by governments."

Referring to Pakistan's support for the Taliban during the 1990s, Karzai described the rise of the movement as a kind of "hidden invasion propped up by outside interference and intended to tarnish the national identity and historical heritage" of Afghanistan.

Samina Ahmed, an Islamabad-based expert with the International Crisis Group, says relations between Kabul and Islamabad are likely to worsen if violence in the border region escalates during the coming months. Ahmed says Islamabad is particularly concerned about how the dispute affects Pakistan's relations with Washington.

Now if they blame us for each and everyone of their problems WHY THE **** ARE WE HELPING THEM????

kick them back and close the border with mines and high wall.with shoot order if any one inter pakistan without visa shot him .then i see who the hell of these people use my country for drugs transport waipons and tarerrst activities

Afghanistan was the only member of the UN General Assembly at that time to vote against the admission of Pakistan, on the grounds that it had not given the right of self-determination to its Pashtun inhabitants -- and particularly those in the tribal territories. Afghanistan has never recognized the Durand Line between the two countries as an international border."

Even if the Afghan government policy is to not recognize the Durand Line (and I don't disagree that this is their policy), this is Kabul's policy, not the refugees. One example, did the Hudood Laws represent the viewpoint of the people of Pakistan, or the viewpoint of the dictator Zia-Ul Haq? They represented the views of the Pakistani government at the time, not the people. So, when "Kabul's policy" is mentioned here, it is the policy of the government, not of the people/refugees.

Another example, the Biharis are given refuge in Bangladeshi refugee camps, though the Biharis were against the formation of Bangladesh. Though the Biharis were against the formation of Bangladesh, they are sheltered. The Afghani refugees are not even all against the formetion of Pakistan (the Afghani government is), so the minimum humanitarian thing Pakistan can do is to provide food and shelter to these refugees (which it does anyway).

"Throughout most of the period since 1947, Afghanistan has tended to be closer to India, which it uses to balance Pakistan. The government of Hamid Karzai has also resurrected the old policy of former Afghan governments of having direct relations between the Afghan government and Pashtun political leaders and tribes within Pakistan."

This only proves what Afghan government policy has been, not what Afghani refugees believe.

It also has accused Kabul of aiding separatist movements by ethnic Pashtuns and ethnic Baluchis on Pakistan's side of the border:

Again, Kabul's actions, not the Afghani people. Should Pakistani people be held responsible for Zia Ul Haq's Huddood laws? One cannot lay the blame of people for the actions of the government, especially when there is litte real democracy/education in those parts.

"Pakistan is saying that Afghanistan is interfering in Baluchistan [Province and that] it has allowed India to support the insurgency in Baluchistan through its consulates in Kandahar and Jalalabad," Rashid says. "Pakistan is also saying now most recently that Al-Qaeda militants are arriving from Afghanistan and stirring up trouble in [the ethnic Pashtun tribal region of] Waziristan."

This is possibly very true. But I don't think that Kabul has much control over its own territory to stop these incursions.

Though the consulates probably do support the insurgency in Balochistan - this is a governmental policy, not a people one.

Referring to Pakistan's support for the Taliban during the 1990s, Karzai described the rise of the movement as a kind of "hidden invasion propped up by outside interference and intended to tarnish the national identity and historical heritage" of Afghanistan.

Karzai is part of the government of Afghanistan, not a refugee and not an ordinary citizen. Should we now say that all Pakistanis want unjust laws because of the non democratic laws of Zia Ul Haq, such as the Hudood? (or that all Indians are fascist racists because of the BJP policy towards Muslims and minorites?). Definitely not. If we do not say these things about Pakistan and India, we apply the same principle to Afghanistan, and do not say that the actions of the Afghani government represent the views of the people.

pak is not a refugee camp they have their own country so it's time afghans go home pakistan is not responsible for them we already have enough of our own problems and a huge population we don't need anymore people esp ones involved in militancy,arms and drugs smuggling and who have so much hate their host nation.
Only way we should let them stay is if they do something benefit pakistan they should only be allowed if they become pakistani citizens,learn urdu and take a citizenship test and be made to swear allegiance to pakistan like they do in america if not be deported or atleast they should be made to work and join the labour force .

I say we give Afghans a job. They can build a fence on our border and once its complete lets throw them over the fence.

pak is not a refugee camp they have their own country so it's time afghans go home pakistan is not responsible for them we already have enough of our own problems and a huge population we don't need anymore people esp ones involved in militancy,arms and drugs smuggling and who have so much hate their host nation.
Only way we should let them stay is if they do something benefit pakistan they should only be allowed if they become pakistani citizens,learn urdu and take a citizenship test and be made to swear allegiance to pakistan like they do in america if not be deported or atleast they should be made to work and join the labour force .

I dont care how much they change they must leave. We dont need 3 million or so extra people in our country. We are already on over crowded country. I mean the money which should go to better the lives of Pakistanis goes to them. Our government has a responsibility to help its citizens not a people who have no right to live on this land.

thank god these people are being sent back to their own democratic pluralistic country.
they will cetrainly be useful members of their new society. the oindians can rehabilitate them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom