What's new

UN wants consensual sex decriminalised in Pakistan

Stop scaring him man.
Nothing scary about it.. he is more awar e of these issues than I am.

But there are plenty still here who believe in sexual issues as taboo and not to be discussed(although excessive discussion is essentially having a dirty mind.. like Ill tag someone randomly and leave it here.. lets say... @Zibago )

I remember as a very young kid hearing about this topic I refused to believe muslims need this messy process too, like we were delivered by storks(or falcons.. or hubara bustards at the least).But at the end it is a process and activity that is being undertaken, its regulation has more to do with controlling unwanted pregnancies and social conflicts. The first defence of it begins at home and not in the courts or police.

Nothing scary about it.. he is more awar e of these issues than I am.

But there are plenty still here who believe in sexual issues as taboo and not to be discussed(although excessive discussion is essentially having a dirty mind.. like Ill tag someone randomly and leave it here.. lets say... @Zibago )

I remember as a very young kid hearing about this topic I refused to believe muslims need this messy process too, like we were delivered by storks(or falcons.. or hubara bustards at the least).But at the end it is a process and activity that is being undertaken, its regulation has more to do with controlling unwanted pregnancies and social conflicts. The first defence of it begins at home and not in the courts or police.

As a feminist i am outraged by your post.

Look the stakeholders did not leave much options to begin with. When Kids have nothing to do. No Sports. No activities. No Hobbies. All they do is eat and Talk. So its eventuality they will get bored and be creative.

Actually Pakistan is at the crossroads of clash of civilisation in terms of legislation.

Khoon pukaray gha asteen ka.....ab sab Haram Jaari pukaryen gey labaik labaik ya UN.....

As a feminist i am outraged by your post.

Look the stakeholders did not leave much options to begin with. When Kids have nothing to do. No Sports. No activities. No Hobbies. All they do is eat and Talk. So its eventuality they will get bored and be creative.

Actually Pakistan is at the crossroads of clash of civilisation in terms of legislation.
As a feminist you probably have no clue what you want in the first place.

Dunya jahan mein loog marain ja rahay hain, bhook aur pyas se mar rahay hain, bimaari aizaari aam hai aur UN ko fiqar hai ke thokam thaki chaalo hai ke nahi? :partay:
UN ko Pata hay inha ise kam ma masroof rakho...Fasaaad kam krain gain duniya ma:partay:

Should govt. and public be chasing people engaged in consensual private sex?
MyGod this is obnoxious.

Well if Zina with one's mother has already been allowed...why not this(?)

UN ko Pata hay inha ise kam ma masroof rakho...Fasaaad kam krain gain duniya ma:partay:
As you read the remarks from the locals above.... nation is apparently very busy already and UN knows it more than a common man.
Your own political leaders are leading with example.... i don't have to give names!
Clearly govt. has no hang of the act but public should not peak into private lives and lynch the young ones.
On the other hand, when your young ones watch Indian movies... what do you expect them to take the lesson for their life?

The problem with sex is not the sex but the consequences. The possibility of unwanted child and probablity of destroying a family [if the parties are married] is too profound to be ignored. I am liberal but I think sex has to be regulated as only being acceptable in a marriage when there is [ii] consensus.

I have had many debates in UK with indigenous Britons about this. There view is it intrudes on freedom and legislates in private relationship where the state has no right. I disagree. My freedom to even park my car is regulated and how I behave toward my children in privacy my home is regulated. So why not sex? Surely the consequences are far more profound.

Unwanted children happen through marriages as well.
Plenty of abortion clinics running in Pakistan profitability (Im focusing on Pakistan as this is topic that pertains to it).
The issue here is family values and not sex. Family values control sex outside of marriage, not laws. An unmarried man in his mid 30s who is unable to woo a woman will eventually be temped to visit working women no matter what his beliefs are.
A young teenage couple will engage in sexual activity because family values did not enforce the prohibition of the activity enough and society did not offer them a way to recognize their nikah.

After all, the word nikah means to pierce a veil.. the rest of it is a social contract which then is publicized to give protection to both parties in case either of them breaks the terms of the contract.

It is not laws alone that enforce sexual responsibility but family values. When you have already lost Family values, then all the laws in the world will not stop a physical union.
Both are good points and both factors are necessary in making a society conducive for strong families.

The state alone cannot impose rules and regulations on individuals within their private life. It will cause resentment within the people. Rather, the state should only concern itself with the public life, and as much as I know some folks might not like the sound of this, but a religious body should concern itself with the spiritual health of the people, and even that body should not intervene within their private life. Because only a spiritual incentive can regulate people within their private life.

Things like abstaining from sex until after marriage is something only the individual can do on their own initiative. And no other incentive is powerful enough to achieve this than the spiritual incentive.

Back
Top Bottom