What's new

UN backtracks on role of its observers in Kashmir, says limited to LOC

Dehaaaaan se dekhaiye yeh wohi Bharat hai jo bar bar Puri duniya ke samane zalil hota hai ..!!

On Tuesday, as a follow-up Dujarric was asked by a reporter why he gave the clarification about the limited role of the UNMOGIP. He said cryptically: "It needed to be said."
The implication appeared to be that the incidents within Kashmir are internal matters of India and, therefore, not under the purview of UNMOGIP that deals with border issues.

Earlier Haq had said, "The United Nations has repeatedly, including just a few weeks ago, put out the message to both sides about the need for them to work constructively with each other on this issue." Asked about "UN rights" being violated, Haq said: "I would refer you to the work of our Human Rights colleagues in Geneva, but we have issued periodic communications on this."

The UN did not backtrack on the role of its observers. It always has been the same.

A statement by a Deputy Spokesperson that caused some confusion was clarified the next day by the UN Spokesperson.

Misleading Title
The fact of the matter was UN didn't had the mandate to speak in internal affairs of India, which Pakistani origin deputy ignored and went ahead with his comments totally not in sync with UN office, that is why his statement was out in line with clarity that it's Indian interal affairs and they have only mandate to ensure peace at border. Thank you.

The UN did not backtrack on the role of its observers. It always has been the same.

A statement by a Deputy Spokesperson that caused some confusion was clarified the next day by the UN Spokesperson.

Misleading Title
The fact of the matter was UN didn't had the mandate to speak in internal affairs of India, which Pakistani origin deputy ignored and went ahead with his comments totally not in sync with UN office, that is why his statement was out in line with clarity that it's Indian interal affairs and they have only mandate to ensure peace at border. Thank you.

Misleading Title
Not misleading title but title making corrections in the statement made by Pakistani person posted in UN ignoring the facts, documents and thoughts of UN authority.:azn:;):):smokin::wave:

Actually this the Source of news:smokin:
UN backtracks on role of its observers in Kashmir, says limited to LOC
Diplomacy, International, Kashmir, Security, South Asia August 2, 2016, 11:26 pm Daily World

By Arul Louis

United Nations, Aug 2 : The UN has backtracked on its assertion that it was monitoring the situation in Kashmir through the UN Military Observers Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP), clarifying that the observers’ mission is limited to the line of control between Indian and Pakistani forces.

http://dailyworld.in/un-backtracks-on-role-of-its-observers-in-kashmir-says-limited-to-loc/

Dailyworld is the first Indian International newspaper in India, Chandigarth. It was launched in January 1, 2016. It is new newspaper, India International newspaper. By naming it 'Dailyworld' doesn't make it 'Dailyworld'. If anything, this article is indicator why it will always be Indian-ness. :D

http://dailyworld.in/about-us/

ADDRESS

HEADOFFICE:
SCO 133-134-135, 4th Floor, Sector-17C, Chandigarh-160017
Phone: +91 172-4650244
Email: md@dailyworld.in

http://dailyworld.in/contact-us/

@Azlan Haider

Official UN statement:

And, I know there was an exchange of questions regarding the situation in Kashmir, and I just wanted to clarify something, which is that UNMOGIP [United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan], the UN observer presence there, its mandate is to report on the ceasefire between India and Pakistan along the Line of Control. The UN Mission there does not have a mandate there beyond the Line of Control.

Question : Thank you, Stéphane. Regarding what you said about UNMOGIP, why did you have to make this clarification?
Spokesman: Because I think it needed to be said.

Question : Thank you, Stéphane. As you know, the United Nations has before on its agenda some perennial conflict including, for example, Kashmir, Cyprus, and the Middle East conflict. And yet, regarding Cyprus and the Middle East, we see current activities deployed for the purpose of trying to resolve this, but we don’t see that in Kashmir. Why do you think the reason is, and why does not the Secretary General initiate some effort to settle this conflict?
Spokesman: You know, I… I… I will leave it to you and others to… to analyse the reasoning. I think the questions on the situation in Kashmir have come up with us today and previously. Our answers to those questions remain the same. Ms. Landry.

http://www.un.org/press/en/2016/db160802.doc.htm

can we stop india otherwise ?? going on a war again ?

The issue here is India is right legally in every department and has followed all resolutions and agreements perfectly.

India has that owns the accession of Kasjmir, India maintains special status till India reclaims the whole of Kashmir.

The UN resolution ..though defunct has not been adhered by Pakistan. Also, Pakistan has completely changed the demography of P OK that it no more is legal for vote. In addition, it has handed over kashmiri land to the chinese.

Pakistan has tried everything hat it could - it has sent hordes of terrorists, LET alone has trained hundreds of thousands of Pakistanis and still is doing it.

Pakistan has tried illegal occupation in Kargil and operations like grand slam and gibraltar, it has started numerous wars, cross border firings...and lately has handed over partial sovereignty of P OK to the chinese.

The only viable solution is war, and India will make sure it's decisive this time.

I dont understand how Pakistan can call it a UN Issue after it had signed the Simla Accord. Aren't Pakistanis backtracking on their own agreements?

Well my friend,is not that the nature of Pakistan??

I think US already experienced it on Afghanistan War.Vital ally of War Against Terror,Vital ally of Taliban and Al Qaeda as well.. :enjoy:

We're used to their nature.As our soldiers say,even when retreat,they always perform a feint retreat first.Sadly,it doesn't work that much now. :lol:

@Azlan Haider @Areesh @HAIDER must Have IQ less than 10.
Dujaric actually clarified and corrected spokesman Farhan Haq's(a pakistani citizen) earlier misinformed statement today:

And what is your IQ level my dear TTP fanboy from India? Your IQ is so low and so poor that you are trying to refute me and @Azlan Haider on something even though you didn't know what we were saying in our posts.

So first improve your IQ band take it at least to 10 before commenting about other's IQ. Also include those 5 idiots from India who have thanked your post since even they don't know what we said in our posts. :lol:

Pata kuch hai nahi aur jawab daina hai. Typical troll loser. :lol:

@Azlan Haider

Official UN statement:

And, I know there was an exchange of questions regarding the situation in Kashmir, and I just wanted to clarify something, which is that UNMOGIP [United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan], the UN observer presence there, its mandate is to report on the ceasefire between India and Pakistan along the Line of Control. The UN Mission there does not have a mandate there beyond the Line of Control.

Question : Thank you, Stéphane. Regarding what you said about UNMOGIP, why did you have to make this clarification?
Spokesman: Because I think it needed to be said.

Question : Thank you, Stéphane. As you know, the United Nations has before on its agenda some perennial conflict including, for example, Kashmir, Cyprus, and the Middle East conflict. And yet, regarding Cyprus and the Middle East, we see current activities deployed for the purpose of trying to resolve this, but we don’t see that in Kashmir. Why do you think the reason is, and why does not the Secretary General initiate some effort to settle this conflict?
Spokesman: You know, I… I… I will leave it to you and others to… to analyse the reasoning. I think the questions on the situation in Kashmir have come up with us today and previously. Our answers to those questions remain the same. Ms. Landry.

http://www.un.org/press/en/2016/db160802.doc.htm

Repeating same sh!t won't change anything troll. go back. And read our posts on this topic. Understand them and then come back and try to answer us relevantly.

Indian media. Making 1 billion plus humans fools since 1947

Pakistani media.

Preserving the status quo. No need to make anyone anything; they got a done deal.

UNMOGIP Mandate

The first team of unarmed military observers, who eventually formed the nucleus of the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP), arrived in the mission area in January 1949 to supervise, in the State of Jammu and Kashmir, the ceasefire between India and Pakistan; and to assist the Military Adviser to the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan (UNCIP), established in 1948 by Security Council resolutions 39 (1948)
ico_pdf.gif
and 47 (1948)
ico_pdf.gif

Following the India-Pakistan hostilities at the end of 1971 and a subsequent ceasefire agreement of 17 December of that year, the tasks of UNMOGIP have been to observe, to the extent possible, developments pertaining to the strict observance of the ceasefire of 17 December 1971 and to report thereon to the Secretary-General.

Given the disagreement between India and Pakistan about UNMOGIP’s mandate and functions, the Secretary-General’s position has been that UNMOGIP can only be terminated by a decision of the Security Council. In the absence of such a decision, UNMOGIP has been maintained with those same arrangements since then.

http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/missions/unmogip/mandate.shtml

Mandated to observe ceasefire of 17 Dec 1971 .... ONLY.

Now collate what was said with this.

Read first para of report as posted in #1.

@Joe Shearer needs to be guided

Guide away.

the point is when one do human rights violations then comes the role of united nation human rights council...how can we stop india otherwise ?? going on a war again ? making our self supporters of which india calls( terrorists and u listen to them) which in fact are freedom fighters which is already happening ..the thing is when there are innocent human beings killed ,abused,raped, in masses than one should knock the door of security council and thus it doesnt remain a bilateral issue ...

And when there are not, it is a very good time to hold one's peace.

Well, what you think is "an internal affair of India" is actually "an unresolved international dispute on the agenda of the SC since 1948." ...

As for the mandate of the UN to speak on Kashmir Issue,

The same Stephane Dujarric, Spokesman for the Secretary-General, said two weeks ago that Ban Ki-moon was following the situation in Kashmir carefully.

"I think he regretted the loss of life and calls on all the parties to exercise restraint. And I think the Secretary-General has always welcomed any direct discussions on the situation between India and Pakistan.... "

Too bad for you guys that The UN does not accept the Indian position, it does not recognize Kashmir as an internal matter of India. Pakistan is a legitimate party to the Dispute.

Last edited:
Pakistani media.

Preserving the status quo. No need to make anyone anything; they got a done deal.

Guide away.

And when there are not, it is a very good time to hold one's peace.
as long as army is there sir peace not going to happen..it will erupt again and again..indian army has done lots of bad things to the civilians or may be little bad things (in the time of peace) maybe!!= creates freedom fighters(in your terms terrorists)= situation escalated= peace disrupted.

Back
Top Bottom