What's new

Ukraine’s Motor Sich awarded $800 million contract to support Chinese JL-10 trainer fleet

Why is China still importing engines? . I would understand if it were engines for SU-35 from Russia but this sounds weird that China relies on Ukraine.
Ukraine owned China billions of money and I guess this is one of the way to repay back the money.

Ukraine is broke and has tons of knowledge and infrastructure. Countires should take advantage of Ukrainian to learn and setup new production lines.

Lol.. u put that data from where? out of thin air?

China has solve all tank engine ,ship and submarine problem. I guess u are self denial of the recent sales of VT-4 tank to PA and Nigeria army. One of the competitor for VT-4 is Oplot T-84. You mean Ukraine sold their engine to Chinese and sabotage their own sales? :lol:

The VT-4 tank has to be 100% Chinese made to win the tender. We are not like Turkey Altay tank hamper by German sanction of export of engine to turkey. :enjoy:

I always talk with facts unlike some of you here...
Ukraine owned China billions of money and I guess this is one of the way to repay back the money.

Why is China still importing engines? . I would understand if it were engines for SU-35 from Russia but this sounds weird that China relies on Ukraine.
Because there are different tier of engines. The Chinese effort has mainly gone into large (WS-15/WS-10), medium thrust engines (WS-19, WS-13), and turboshaft engines (WZ-10, WZ-16). As a result, they are missing a low thrust class engine, which is where the AI-222 comes in.
May be we should have gone to ukrain and co designed an engine for thunder and azm back in 2015
Ukraine is only optimal for very low (AI-222) or very high (D-18T) turbofan engines. There is nothing in the middle Ukraine can offer at all ... but on the brightside the engines they make are of very high quality.
last time i checked Ukraine refused to take care of Chinese illegal copy of Ukrainian tank engine sold to Bangladesh.. which later Bangladesh had to switch to original Ukranian engine..
its almost 7-8 years every single year Chinese people here come up with fake pictures that they already produce the engine without any proof. i guess this news is the proof))
I think you give Turkish members here a bad name, just like some Chinese members here who preach their fanboyism about their own weapons. Currently, almost all major Chinese aircraft are produced with Chinese engines (e.g. J-20, J-10, Sino-flankers, Y-20, etc). Chinese tank engines have also become very high performance in the past decade ... it was one of the major selling points of the VT-4 tender and something Pakistan was really impressed with. This is just the truth, like it or not.

Where is the original source of these claims? I read the article and it seems like everything came out of the author's butt, unless he did not credit the original sources. Giving us the original source would help us better scrutinize the claims.

Because there are different tier of engines. The Chinese effort has mainly gone into large (WS-15/WS-10), medium thrust engines (WS-19, WS-13), and turboshaft engines (WZ-10, WZ-16). As a result, they are missing a low thrust class engine, which is where the AI-222 comes in.

Ukraine is only optimal for very low (AI-222) or very high (D-18T) turbofan engines. There is nothing in the middle Ukraine can offer at all ... but on the brightside the engines they make are of very high quality.

I think you give Turkish members here a bad name, just like some Chinese members here who preach their fanboyism about their own weapons. Currently, almost all major Chinese aircraft are produced with Chinese engines (e.g. J-20, J-10, Sino-flankers, Y-20, etc). Chinese tank engines have also become very high performance in the past decade ... it was one of the major selling points of the VT-4 tender and something Pakistan was really impressed with. This is just the truth, like it or not.

Where is the original source of these claims? I read the article and it seems like everything came out of the author's butt, unless he did not credit the original sources. Giving us the original source would help us better scrutinize the claims.

If I were Christian I'd give this answer a massive Amen. That said, I'd be cautious to say that all major Chinese aircraft are currently produced with Chinese engines:
1) J-20: probably true. We've seen WS-10 equipped J-20s transferred to Cangzhou.
2) Sino Flankers: True for new aircraft (J-11B, J-16) with the exception of J-15.
3) Y-20: We've seen one prototype with WS-20. I think that they are still relying on D-30s even for new aircraft until they are satisfied with the test flight results.

If I were Christian I'd give this answer a massive Amen. That said, I'd be cautious to say that all major Chinese aircraft are currently produced with Chinese engines:
1) J-20: probably true. We've seen WS-10 equipped J-20s transferred to Cangzhou.
2) Sino Flankers: True for new aircraft (J-11B, J-16) with the exception of J-15.
3) Y-20: We've seen one prototype with WS-20. I think that they are still relying on D-30s even for new aircraft until they are satisfied with the test flight results.
same unchanged story for years... when i was telling you need years, my face got scrached by all those fanboys members.. specially by a moderator called Deino. somehow Chine still order Russian engines, which i think its normal as this process takes years,,,

I think you give Turkish members here a bad name, just like some Chinese members here who preach their fanboyism about their own weapons.
We never say lies, thats our difference. when we talk about TFX, we accepted that the PDR will finish in end of 2022, but just today head of TAI mentioned that TFX project is 1.5 year ahead of plan and PDR will finish this april and by september they will start producing the jet. however, We accept that engine development will take at least until 2026.. as you can see we prefer to say longer than its just in case as we do it first time...

same unchanged story for years... when i was telling you need years, my face got scrached by all those fanboys members.. specially by a moderator called Deino. somehow Chine still order Russian engines, which i think its normal as this process takes years,,,

As domestic capabilities improve, China gradually weans off Russian engines. Maybe there are Chinese members on PDF who think that all problems with Chinese engines will be resolved within a few years but I'm not one of them.

That said, I don't think your assertion of China ordering Russian engines for fighter aircraft is correct as of 2021 unless you include legacy platforms (J-11A/Su-27sk/Su-30MKKs) and J-10s/J-20s post 2020. I think they make export orders public via Rosoboronexport . If you have more information, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Topwar.ru? Never seen this link as credible. Maybe spread some rumour. And the fact this tanks export by China 10 years ago plus it's Ukraine engine.

Let me ask u a simple question. If Bangladesh is really unhappy with previous Chinese tank. Why would they go for VT-5 Chinese tank again?

And this time, the purchase of VT-5 Tank is official from Bangladesh military media.

Last edited:
Topwar.ru? Never seen this link as credible. Maybe spread some rumour. And the fact this tanks export by China 10 years ago plus it's Ukraine engine.

Let me ask u a simple question. If Bangladesh is really unhappy with previous Chinese tank. Why would they go for VT-5 Chinese tank again?

And this time, the purchase of VT-5 Tank is official from Bangladesh military media.

its Post Soviet era news channel, where the engine comes from... you better save it so net tie you got no excuse... obviously you will not see this news in Chinese news channels) but, when your engine is ready, let me know. the day you got it, you will start exporting hundreds of jets probably..

its Post Soviet era news channel, where the engine comes from... you better save it so net tie you got no excuse... obviously you will not see this news in Chinese news channels) but, when your engine is ready, let me know. the day you got it, you will start exporting hundreds of jets probably..

China may not be exporting hundred of jets but we are sure exporting hundred of tanks. PA has an order for almost few hundred of VT-4 which we are trying to fulfil. Bangladesh may increase their share for VT-5.

Back
Top Bottom