What's new

Ukraine to Deliver 110 Battle Tank Engines to Pakistan

I have seen Millat Tractors.. and they seem to have everything made on local machines... except the crank shaft.. when I said why not make that here they said because of cost per unit and second of quality.

The rest is 100% made in Pakistan. Same is the case.. Its a syndicated market..

Hi,

You kids don't understand---crankshaft is the ultimate the heart and soul of an engine---you can concquer any difficulty in engine building if you can manufacture a crankshaft-----. How about a timing chain---can pakistan manufacture a timing chain----how about a camshaft---!

You kids need to understand your limitations---once you do that---it will make you respect the technology of those who can---that is the first step towards learning the basics----.

Hi,

You kids don't understand---crankshaft is the ultimate the heart and soul of an engine---you can concquer any difficulty in engine building if you can manufacture a crankshaft-----. How about a timing chain---can pakistan manufacture a timing chain----how about a camshaft---!

You kids need to understand your limitations---once you do that---it will make you respect the technology of those who can---that is the first step towards learning the basics----.

Mastan,

I think age is impacting your memory. We had this conversation 5 years ago and you still go about with your not only condenscending but rather insulting attitude towards the younger posters on this forum. 5 years ago I told you that Pakistan not only manufactures crankshafts but also exports them. The proof is given below and this is not the only company doing this. HIT is increasingly sourcing engine parts locally including crankshafts, cylinders, cylinder linings, engine blocks, cylinder heads, connecting rods, shafts etc. Right now they are focused on 750 HP engines rather than the 1200 HP engines for AKs. So my advice, please do some research before you put down others.

SunSteel | Crankshafts | Daiffancial housing | Sargodha, Pakistan

It is the only engine that survives the environmental requirements of Pakistani terrain in this HP class.

Ukraine's engines have some high fuel efficiency if my past knowledge doesn't deceive me , I read it somewhere I think ... Will try to find that line ...

Hi,

Khan saab Dunya boht aagay chali gai hy

Below are the links of few companies in Pakistan, who are manufacturing high quality engine parts. List is quite long so cant name more. Almost all companies have state of the art CNC machines. CAD/CAM and Forging heat treatment facilities.

RASTGAR Engineering Company - Ductile Iron, Wheel Hubs and Steering Knuckles

Untitled Document

Products | Sherani Engineering

Untitled Document

Engineering web page new

Company Detailed Information

..:: Infinity Engineering ::..

Agriauto Industries Limited :: By. Mahaan.net

WELCOME:: MECAS ENGINEERING (Pvt.) LIMITED

Products

A.N. Engineering Industries - Pakistani Seller of Automobiles

Regards

Son,

What an illogical post from jr TT chair -----seems like you kids don't do your home work before you post---.
Thank you for your concern sir, but what you're leaving out of the equation is the fact that engines must be reliable before you send them to the frontline. Otherwise, the same will happen to them what happened to Indian Arjun in deserts. Why didn't PAF consider WS-13 over RD-93MA? Chinese have successfully developed engines, why not purchase from them over the Russians? Answer this question to yourself.

Mastan,

I think age is impacting your memory. We had this conversation 5 years ago and you still go about with your not only condenscending but rather insulting attitude towards the younger posters on this forum. 5 years ago I told you that Pakistan not only manufactures crankshafts but also exports them. The proof is given below and this is not the only company doing this. HIT is increasingly sourcing engine parts locally including crankshafts, cylinders, cylinder linings, engine blocks, cylinder heads, connecting rods, shafts etc. Right now they are focused on 750 HP engines rather than the 1200 HP engines for AKs. So my advice, please do some research before you put down others.

Those all seem to be car and tractor crankshafts, and not for any large heavy duty engines. May be that should be the logical next step to make these too utilizing on the expertise already developed.

BTW, what is a "Daiffancial housing"? I would trust the output of a plant with properly educated engineers a wee bit more, but that is just me, may be.

Mastan,

Hi,

Actually Ittefaq industries built crankshafts for the road roller engines in the 70's.

Hi,

Actually Ittefaq industries built crankshafts for the road roller engines in the 70's.

Low rpm engines are easy to make. Single cylinder diesel engines have been made for decades that power water pumps and grinding mills in villages with their classic sounds.

Modern powerful heavy duty engines that run reliably for thousands of hours are an entirely different thing. To my knowledge, there has been no heavy duty engine ever demonstrated by Pakistan at any trade or defence show. If anybody has any information that show this, it would be simply marvelous, since that would support the claims being made in this thread.

179551551.jpg

KIEV, February 18 (RIA Novosti) - Ukraine will deliver 110 tank power plants – engines and related parts – to Pakistan under a $50 million contract, state-run arms exporter Ukrspetsstroi said on Monday.
The power plants will be manufactured at the Kharkov-based Malyshev Plant, a state-run enterprise specializing in armored vehicles and their components, under a four-year contract that was signed “several days ago,” Ukrspetsstroi said in a statement on its website.
It did not provide any technical specifications.
Ukraine previously delivered more than 300 power plants to Pakistan for its al-Khalid main battle tank, Ukrspetsstroi's acting deputy general director Vadim Kozhevnikov said, adding that Ukraine also supplies tank engines to China.
The statement cited Kozhevnikov as saying he believed Ukraine is in a good position to compete with the world’s leading tank power plant manufacturers, in particular Germany.
“We are direct competitors of German engine manufacturers. Our models are every bit as good as theirs in terms of technical characteristics but are significantly cheaper,” Kozhevnikov said.

Ukraine to Deliver 110 Battle Tank Engines to Pakistan | Business | RIA Novosti

If that is the case then ukranian engines must hold a significant market share in tanks engines,but MTU,Honeywell,AVL,Rosoboron are still the largest market share holders.They may provide good value for money but are they as good as german engines? I doubt that.

For an MBT power plant you need to produce a lot of power in a very small space. Therefore you need a rugged and reliable engine with very efficient cooling system. Power plant for a heavy vehicle such as 46-ton MBT is technically complex but not exactly rocket science.

Ukrainian T-80 UD is powered by a 6 cylinder turbo diesel engine producing 1000 BHP. It is a very compact reliable machine of which Pakistan already has considerable operating experience. Understand the latest version ‘6TD-3’ can generate 1400 HP.

There is such a thing called ‘economy of scale’. It is quite possible that Pakistan can produce the engine but monetary & manpower resources requirement would probably make it uneconomic. It is therefore quite natural that Pakistan has decided to stick to the Ukrainian engine for later models of Al Khalid MBT.

Well @MastanKhan and @niaz what you think , what will be the future of Pakistan defence deals after Ukraine regional and political turmoil ....

Well @MastanKhan and @niaz what you think , what will be the future of Pakistan defence deals after Ukraine regional and political turmoil ....

Should the political turmoil continue; Pakistan would have to find an alternate power plant for the Al Khalid tank.

Obviously this sets back Al Khalid production schedule but unless you are self-sufficient in all of your defence needs, such problems will surface in one form or another.

Should the political turmoil continue; Pakistan would have to find an alternate power plant for the Al Khalid tank.

Obviously this sets back Al Khalid production schedule but unless you are self-sufficient in all of your defence needs, such problems will surface in one form or another.

All will go well if plant located in Crimea , if its located in mainland Ukraine then would be problem. But constant economic set back will push the mainland Ukraine to keep the deal intact.

This may sound a bit a bit greedy and over optimistic, but Pakistan has a real chance here to snatch a better deal from the Ukrainians. Considering the nation is in a financial crisis, perhaps they would be open to a ToT?

...or am I just talking out of my ***?

Back
Top Bottom