What's new

Ukraine to Deliver 110 Battle Tank Engines to Pakistan

This may sound a bit a bit greedy and over optimistic, but Pakistan has a real chance here to snatch a better deal from the Ukrainians. Considering the nation is in a financial crisis, perhaps they would be open to a ToT?

...or am I just talking out of my ***?
Sorry to interfere in your question. Russia has suspend over 3 billion dollar soft loan to Ukraine. Where Russia fulfill all energy demands of Ukraine. Specially provide oil to heat the dwellings in winter.

russia has not objected to ukraine's military material deals with pakistan and i dont think they will in the future also.

Engine Design Bureau of Kharkiv (EDBK) (called Kharkov during Soviet era) has had extensive experience in manufacturing high power output diesel engines under licence during the cold war period. EDBK has since come of age and its 6TD series indigenous engines are unrivalled in their power to weight output. Understand they have also developed a package to update Russian T-72.

Therefore except for applying political pressure, there is not a lot Russia can do.

Last edited:
Hi,

I really don't see a problem with this deal. It will continue in the future as well.

As for setting up our own----that is really really too much to ask for. It is not feasible technically and economically. It is a massive and a major major project. Untill and unless the ukranians are selling us the plant and technology and basically transfering their power plant manufacturing to pakistan----there is no reason for it not to stay where it is.

Seen recently, few videos the use of T72 in Syrian urban war , its amazing the tank is falling apart but it keep going without a hick up. So, it means russian made engine are toughest to survive in urban warfare plus harsh heat of Syria.

Last edited:
russia has not objected to ukraine's military material deals with pakistan and i dont think they will in the future also.
As long as Pakistan keeps quiet and doesn't pick a side, relations with both should be fine regardless of outcome. I think both Ukraine and Russia would respect neutrality on this issue from nations that have interest in both nations.

179551551.jpg

KIEV, February 18 (RIA Novosti) - Ukraine will deliver 110 tank power plants – engines and related parts – to Pakistan under a $50 million contract, state-run arms exporter Ukrspetsstroi said on Monday.
The power plants will be manufactured at the Kharkov-based Malyshev Plant, a state-run enterprise specializing in armored vehicles and their components, under a four-year contract that was signed “several days ago,” Ukrspetsstroi said in a statement on its website.
It did not provide any technical specifications.
Ukraine previously delivered more than 300 power plants to Pakistan for its al-Khalid main battle tank, Ukrspetsstroi's acting deputy general director Vadim Kozhevnikov said, adding that Ukraine also supplies tank engines to China.
The statement cited Kozhevnikov as saying he believed Ukraine is in a good position to compete with the world’s leading tank power plant manufacturers, in particular Germany.
“We are direct competitors of German engine manufacturers. Our models are every bit as good as theirs in terms of technical characteristics but are significantly cheaper,” Kozhevnikov said.

Ukraine to Deliver 110 Battle Tank Engines to Pakistan | Business | RIA Novosti

Why not go with the privatization plan of HMC and sell 30% shares to local firm and make a contract with MTU-Germany for JV in Gasoline and Diesel engines.

Are the engines entrusted to work as main force on the front line or the engines are on their maturity stage?
Can you guide me about the sourcing of Cylinder used in Engine 6TD-1?

What would be interesting to disucss is what is our plan beyond Ukraine for Al Khalid Tanks do we have plans to have TOT for the engines from Russia or Ukraine

To be honest tanks are useless if america gives india the javelin.... I hope people has seen heavy tanks when hit by javelin reduces to just nut and bolts.... Javelin is the most deadly weapon that nearly takes out tank advantage. I believe america handed over blue print of javelin (TOT) to india. Bad news for enemies.

To be honest tanks are useless if america gives india the javelin.... I hope people has seen heavy tanks when hit by javelin reduces to just nut and bolts.... Javelin is the most deadly weapon that nearly takes out tank advantage. I believe america handed over blue print of javelin (TOT) to india. Bad news for enemies.

They handed over almost all blueprints man can find, yet the Indians still struggle to make a basic prop trainer. You expect them to make Javelin? O, you make Brahmos. I see. You buy Brahmos, add your software and paint it Indian. I rest my case.

They handed over almost all blueprints man can find, yet the Indians still struggle to make a basic prop trainer. You expect them to make Javelin? O, you make Brahmos. I see. You buy Brahmos, add your software and paint it Indian. I rest my case.

:rofl::rofl:

I haven't seen any world-class military product out of india.

Although they do have a scary military thanks to numbers and imported weapons.

Dear sir,

I would like to contest your claim on brahmos, the air frame for Brahmos is fabricated in India, the control surfaces are made in india, the war heads are produced in India, the composite elements are treated, in indian autoclaves, the guidance control boards and the PCB;s are made in india, motor is imported fro russia, the firmware is and guidance electronics is made and integrated in India, all sub systems are assembled in india, storage cannister is made in India, the Transporter, erector and launcher is made in India.

hope that helps
regards

Back
Top Bottom