What's new

Ukraine to Deliver 110 Battle Tank Engines to Pakistan

We are making 530hp, 760hp tank engines locally, based on Ukrainian and Chinese technologies respectively. We have repair and maintenance facility for 6-td (T-80ud) and 6-td-2 (AK, AK-1) series in place so no need to license manufacture them, if need arises, it will be done. Cooperation with Ukraine is not just engine and transmission limited, but ammunition, armour, reactive armour and some undisclosed goodies also included. There is a lot going on behind the curtain.

Are the engines entrusted to work as main force on the front line or the engines are on their maturity stage?

We are making 530hp, 760hp tank engines locally, based on Ukrainian and Chinese technologies respectively. We have repair and maintenance facility for 6-td (T-80ud) and 6-td-2 (AK, AK-1) series in place so no need to license manufacture them, if need arises, it will be done. Cooperation with Ukraine is not just engine and transmission limited, but ammunition, armour, reactive armour and some undisclosed goodies also included. There is a lot going on behind the curtain.

Here is an idea:

Four of these engines would make a powerful, locally serviceable locomotive for trains with around 2800 horsepower. Using the chassis of the ruined Pakistan Railways engines will provide the traction motors and the ancillaries, giving the crucially important railways sector a huge boost.

Or may be the same facility making these tank engines can look into making bigger and more powerful train engines too. After all, if we can make engine block castings, camshafts, valves, cylinder heads, pistons and crankshaft that large locally, this should be possible too.

Are the engines entrusted to work as main force on the front line or the engines are on their maturity stage?

For AZ, Type-59M2 and 692MP, license manufacturing of Chinese engines with the help of downstream industries, we maintain and upgrade them, have tested many times in exercises so yes they are mature and a part of main force.

For AZ, Type-59M2 and 692MP, license manufacturing of Chinese engines with the help of downstream industries, we maintain and upgrade them, have tested many times in exercises so yes they are mature and a part of main force.

Can we actually manufacture engine block castings, camshafts, valves, cylinder heads, pistons and crankshaft that large locally?

Or is "manufacturing" just service, maintenance and overhauling of engines?

While I promote Made in Pakistan mandate , the extra engines enhance the Tank capacity of Pakistani forces and that is great we need this for the GREAT battle that lies ahead

zh-with-kayani.jpg

Can we actually manufacture engine block castings, camshafts, valves, cylinder heads, pistons and crankshaft that large locally?

I have seen Millat Tractors.. and they seem to have everything made on local machines... except the crank shaft.. when I said why not make that here they said because of cost per unit and second of quality.

The rest is 100% made in Pakistan. Same is the case.. Its a syndicated market..

Yes dear, Pakistani industry can. There are many private companies in Pakistan who are manufacturing different kinds of engine spare parts. One example is of

Diesel Engines | Orient Energy Systems Pakistan

Most parts of Millat Tractors are also manufactured in Pakistan.
Millat Tractors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:pakistan:

I have seen Millat Tractors.. and they seem to have everything made on local machines... except the crank shaft.. when I said why not make that here they said because of cost per unit and second of quality.

The rest is 100% made in Pakistan. Same is the case.. Its a syndicated market..

Engines for tractors and cars made in Pakistan are much smaller, typically less than 100-150 horsepower.

But if Pakistan has the expertise and facilities to manufacture 700 hp tank engines, then the whole nation can benefit from expanding this base to make truck and bus engines, and even put four such engines to make 2800 hp locomotives. The nation would be very well served by the engines used for commercial activity rather than just tanks.

Yes dear, Pakistani industry can. There are many private companies in Pakistan who are manufacturing different kinds of engine spare parts. One example is of

Diesel Engines | Orient Energy Systems Pakistan

Most parts of Millat Tractors are also manufactured in Pakistan.
Millat Tractors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:pakistan:

I am not talking about spare parts.

I am talking about the manufacture of core engine parts, like crankshaft, pistons and engine blocks of large sizes, starting from raw steel to the precisely machined and finished product.

This is another good news awsome keep it coming ;)

not "can", we already "are"

That is an impressive achievement indeed, and one to be lauded surely. High strength, nitrided, mirror micro-polished close-tolerance engine components made in Pakistan. WOW!

It would be great if photographs of actual parts were available to admire the end results.

I hope that this expertise is extended into other types of large heavy duty engines for commercial use such as trucks, buses and even locomotives. After all, making a six or eight cylinder crankshaft and engine block would be quite easily achievable by a facility that is producing much larger engines.

If we are producing these engines, could we now make a new Yasoob type truck from local components too?

While I promote Made in Pakistan mandate , the extra engines enhance the Tank capacity of Pakistani forces and that is great we need this for the GREAT battle that lies ahead

zh-with-kayani.jpg

I just want to know how can Zaid Hamid have access to General Kiani

You can make engines for tanks, or planes. But both are very crucial in the field and you need reliability. One guesses why PAF operates RD-93 and looking for better RD-93 variants over WS-13. Pakistan can start developing both engines, indigenous or ToT but it will take a decade before you are mature and reliable to be send forward to frontline.

Son,

What an illogical post from jr TT chair -----seems like you kids don't do your home work before you post---.

Back
Top Bottom