What's new

UK moves to ban caste discrimination

The question is about basic human rights which Cast system curbs in India. Nowhere in the world any religion snatches those basic human rights like drinking water from the same Well, same glass, eating in the same plate :angel:
pray at same worship place of a common faith. But in India.

Do Sunnis and Shias go to the same mosque? Will Sunni and Shia intermarry? Both are Muslim right?

Caste, Sect are all proxies of the same evil. let me dig up some figures for you of deaths, You talk about basic human rights, what about the right to live and not be killed just because you are from a different sect?

O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has Taqwa. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.” [Qur’an 49:13]
Its not your caste but Taqwa which makes you better in Islam.

indeeed........... i know this verse but do you think we have these kind of cast systems in our countries?

One Chaudry do not want to marry in Malik's family and malik do not want to marry in Warraich family :angry::angry:

The question is about basic human rights which Cast system curbs in India. Nowhere in the world any religion snatches those basic human rights like drinking water from the same Well, same glass, eating in the same plate :angel:
pray at same worship place of a common faith. But in India.

There is no need to eat in a same plate, sleep in a same bed, burred in a same grave type of things.

The eating in a same plate is not hygienic and can transfer germs/infections go and ask any doctor.

There are castism in Christians also but as i said its a problem of south asia.

Religion or "hinduism" as u want to say dosen't snatchs anything but people are twisting as extremist are brainwashing innocent people for Jehad in name of Islam as Taliban is doing.

So the one who is twisting is culprit not religion.

Also, there are severe law against it and government runs special quota, loans, scholarships, schemes for people who have been backward due to some practice in the past.

Do Sunnis and Shias go to the same mosque? Will Sunni and Shia intermarry? Both are Muslim right?

Yes there is no bar on going to Sunni Mosques by Shias or Sunnis going to Shia imambargahs. We can pray at the same place and the example is clearly proven at Makkah/Mecca during Huj.

Caste, Sect are all proxies of the same evil. let me dig up some figures for you of deaths, You talk about basic human rights, what about the right to live and not be killed just because you are from a different sect?

Dont try to justfiy your cast system by digging up figures of killings on the basis of political agendas of some countries.

There is no need to eat in a same plate, sleep in a same bed, burred in a same grave type of things.

The eating in a same plate is not hygienic and can transfer germs/infections go and ask any doctor.

Hmm and eating with ***.s in the same plate is very hygenic as we have seen the scenes in India.

There are castism in Christians also but as i said its a problem of south asia.

Still there is no Untouchability practiced in Christianity either. Rather in all Abrahamic religions NO Untouchability is present unlike Hindu Cast system.

Religion or "hinduism" as u want to say dosen't snatchs anything but people are twisting as extremist are brainwashing innocent people for Jehad in name of Islam as Taliban is doing.

So the one who is twisting is culprit not religion.

This does not justify Hindu cast system in anyway either.

Also, there are severe law against it and government runs special quota, loans, scholarships, schemes for people who have been backward due to some practice in the past.

I know and i have no dispute with efforts of Indian government.

I have only concern with educated people like you who defend this plauged system of casts by bringing up lame excuses.

Yes there is no bar on going to Sunni Mosques by Shias or Sunnis going to Shia imambargahs. We can pray at the same place and the example is clearly proven at Makkah/Mecca during Huj.

Dont try to justfiy your cast system by digging up figures of killings on the basis of political agendas of some countries.

Then why do you have mosques clearly spelt as "Shia mosque" and "Sunni mosque" ????? And why are certain mosques targeted always?

"Today, Azerbaijan is probably the only country where there are still mixed mosques and Shia and Sunnis pray together."
You may read more here
Shi'a?Sunni relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When did I justify the way Caste System is practiced in India?
It is your inability to see both Caste and Sectarian violence as
proxies of the same evil or you do believe in the Sunni- Shia divide, since I haven't seen one statement where you condemn it!

Still there is no Untouchability practiced in Christianity either. Rather in all Abrahamic religions NO Untouchability is present unlike Hindu Cast system.

I have only concern with educated people like you who defend this plauged system of casts by bringing up lame excuses.

I'm no one to question what is practiced or not but usually clashes between Sunni-Shia in Pakistan always leads to somebody getting slaughtered. Does Islam preach it? obviously NO!!!!!
so how can you say untouchabilty is present in Hinduism?

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Pakistan's Shia-Sunni divide

So many terrorists in today's world were educated!!! There is no rational to draw from barbaric acts, be it between castes or sects!!!

Anyone who knows anything abt hinduism knows that caste as defined in hinduism is not by birth but by qualities, however the concept has been exploited by the powerful to opress the poor.

The same is outlawed, infact there is reverse discrimination in india through reservations / quotas etc. Anyone wanting to rant abt india, pls keep doing so, fact is, you can't tell my caste, neither of any other indian members'.

We know what we are doing, and you know EVERYTHING. There's nothing to debate.

the truth is if the untouchable won't be fearing for their life , they all convert to Christianity.

I always give links to my statements

http://www.indianchristianity.org/dalit.html

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World...onvert-en-masse/2006/10/15/1160850800010.html

Dalits in conversion ceremony

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6050408.stm

Anti-conversion laws (in a secular country ???????)
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/op/2002/12/17/stories/2002121700110200.htm

India: 'Anti-Conversion' Law Takes Effect In Fifth State
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Persecution/Default.aspx?id=115236

Last edited:
This is called incredible.

Indeed Sir , Otherwise we would not have reservations for those casts in every field.

And all the posters please don’t show your half cocked knowledge about Hinduism. Hinduism dose not follow any specific holy book.
You are free to follow your ideologies , believe me you can be follower of Kuran and can be Hindu, you can be follower of Bhgawad Gita and can be Hindu..................................

Anything that is good for humanity is "Hinduism"

This might sum up your queries. And Hinduism is not very strict about any thing , it welcome everyone to debate before implying.

again What is good for huminity is "Hinduism".

yes they do ! Infact shia and sunni riots originate from lukhnow (india) , in pak shia's being in minority are allowed to conduct al their things .. shias are still banned bring any processions on streets in lukhnow (india).

BBC NEWS | UK | Is caste prejudice still an issue? By John McManus BBC News

Groups who say they face discrimination within their religions because of their ranking in society are gathering for a conference in London on the theme of "untouchability". But is the caste system still used as means of excluding people within some religious groups in Britain?

Caste consciousness is a feature of life for many Hindus and Sikhs
The first world conference on "untouchability" aims to draw together the experiences of people from as far afield as Nigeria, Britain, and Japan.

Such "untouchability" or social exclusion, based on membership of certain groups, is a continuing problem for sections of the population worldwide, say the conference organisers.

One of the most well-known forms is the caste system which is practised in the Indian sub-continent, but activists claim similar ways of organising people into higher and lower groups in society can be found throughout the world.

Is caste an issue in the UK?

They say that up to 250 million people are affected by the issue, and children of immigrants who settle in different parts of the world are not immune.

Reena Jaisiah is a 29-year-old teacher and arts director from Coventry.

She was raised by parents from a Punjabi background who were not particularly religious, but were from the Dalit community, a group of people who are considered to be ritually unclean by Hindus.

Dalit discrimination

In India, Dalits are often forced to take the worst kinds of jobs, and can live their lives in poverty because of a system that gives religious sanction to discrimination.

Reena's parents rejected the caste system, but did not tell her about her background - which led to questions from schoolmates and ultimately, bullying when they discovered that she was a Dalit.

"People with a strong religious feeling always want to know what caste you are", she says.

"My parents encouraged me to conceal my background, but I felt inferior to children from other castes."

Reena also encountered prejudice while at university and says she can still see the caste system at work today amongst Hindu schoolchildren, with pupils exhibiting a form of "caste consciousness" by treating others according to their perceived place in society.

The caste system explained

The Indian government made caste discrimination unlawful in 1976, though it is still practised in some areas.

So why is the problem continuing, and will any Indian reform affect British communities?

Babu Gogineni is from the International Humanist and Ethical Association, one of the conference organisers.

He believes that political reform in India will not solve caste prejudice.

"There are Dalit politicians in India, but nothing has changed. The answer is to educate Dalits and empower them."

Mr Gogineni says that Dalits also discriminate amongst themselves; that there is in effect, a hierarchy even amongst the untouchables.

The National Secular Society however, does think that legislation can be used to tackle the problem in the UK.

The society's Keith Porteous-Wood wants the government to include a clause in the Equality Bill which is currently going through parliament, which would be enacted if subsequent research indicated that discrimination was apparent.

But the Hindu Forum of Britain says caste does not exist in the UK.

They maintain that the only remnant of the system is a tendency for like-minded people to seek each other out for social or marriage purposes.

Reena Jaisiah, however, is in no doubt that her Dalit origins still cast a shadow over her life.

"I own a shop in Coventry and there is one customer - who is from the higher Brahmin caste - who keeps asking me what caste I am.

"She still refuses to take the change from my hand when I serve her."

Back
Top Bottom