What's new

UK moves to ban caste discrimination

Severe kind of caste discrimination did exist in sub-continent, there is no question about that and there is no use of denying this fact is it is very well documented in the history books. However, it is also a fact that the present day India is much different than the pre-1947 India. In the rural areas, the caste system is still strong but not as much in the urban India. The Indian constitution gives full protection to the so-called lower caste Hindus and reserves quota in education, and jobs etc. Many Dalits rose to very high ranks in every walk of life even became the President if I am not wrong. One has to understand that India is huge, well its called a sub-continent for a reason and it would take time to change century old traditions. In huge countries, development is never even, in some areas, it is more rapid, in others its painfully slow. Even in the USA, there exist very well developed cities and towns, and in the same US, you'll find towns that are not much different than the ones in the third world countries. I myself have been to places like Jackson, Missisipi. I drove to Jackson, and when I entered in the town, I just couldn't believe I was still in the US.

Anyway, the point is, India is a progressive country, and eventually, old norms will die out as the effects of education and economical development will trickle down to lower social levels.

Brits never have caste system huh??Did you heard about different castes in Christians??Roman Catholics?Latin Catholics?Orthodox?Protestants??

I think here is some misconception and confusion going on.

In Muslims Shia & Sunni, In Christians Catholics Orthodoz or Protestants are different beliefs where as Hindu caste system actually catagorizes them differently Dalits are not a different belief they share same belief with you but they are considered inferior.

Whereas Shia, Sunni , or Protestants or Catholics are all equal in their religions theirs nothing that one is inferior or other is superior.There is no categorization.
Its a conflict in opinion and beliefs.

We Sunni and Shia are equal, we can eat same and togather we can live togather none of us is inferior or superior to another.

Back
Top Bottom