What's new

UK divided: Islam used as scapegoat in extremist attacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not joking. are you?

I don't remember some nut job getting his hand on a gun and going on rampage in a school in the UK?

Plus why is it that every other person in the States right now is calling for guns to be banned?

no boddy is calling for gun bans except morgan peirs which is a british national in AMERICA and not an american citizen

just read statistics and look at drug offence and rape victims and assault victims and total crime victims UK is in top3 in all of them despite America having larger population then britian

Ḥashshāshīn;4353631 said:
Cannot be serious. :girl_wacko:

E-11561-chart5.jpg

UK homicide rate is less than half of the US.
Not just that. There is the Australian experiment which showed that less guns means less violence. They did not even ban guns. It was a voluntary gun submission option.

"Islam used as scapegoat in extremist attacks???", you must be kidding me.

Why don't I see other religions are so widely regarded as religion of terrorists???

At first I thought that the West was unfairly demonizing them, like they often like to do.

But then those extremists started killing Chinese civilians too, even though we had not joined in any of America's wars.

At first I thought that the West was unfairly demonizing them, like they often like to do.

But then those extremists started killing Chinese civilians too, even though we had not joined in any of America's wars.

Well actually you are worse than Christians in their book, because Christianity like judiasm is also a religion created by Semites and they are termed "people of the book". Idol worshippers and atheists are at the bottom according to strict inperpretation.

Social rifts have been widening in the UK after the Woolwich murder and the discovery of an Oxford sex-grooming ring. In the midst of growing anti-Muslim protests, it has been suggested religion is merely a scapegoat in an already-divided society.

Social tensions have been on the rise on the streets of Britain following the murder of 25-year-old British soldier Drummer Lee Rigby in East London by two alleged Muslim extremists. The suspected killers claimed to be acting in vengeance for Muslims killed abroad by British troops in a video of the brutal attack.

The killing triggered violent protests from right-wing group the English Defense League (EDL) who slam the government for not doing enough against Muslim extremism. There has also been a flurry of attacks on Mosques in London and the rest of Britain in the wake of the incident.

Prior to this, the case of an Oxford-based sex-grooming ring that was active for eight years gripped the British public. Seven men of Asian origin were charged with rape, trafficking and orchestrating child prostitution among girls as young as 11.

Speculation has been rife as to the causes of these latest incidents, with some laying the blame at the feet of Britain’s growing Muslim population. However, others suggest the attacks have nothing to do with religion and originate from extremist groups that have slipped under the UK government’s radar.

Assed Baig, a UK-based freelance journalist, told RT that the latest incidents had absolutely nothing to do with Islam. He described the motives of race and religion as “red herrings.”

Speaking about the Oxford sex ring, he said the perpetrators were merely “predatory men targeting vulnerable girls who happened to be white, if those girls were Asian or black these men would have carried out the same actions.”

“The crimes that they committed are not Islamic, they are not crimes of radicalization,” stressed Baig.

Moreover, the Muslim Council of Britain has decried both the murder of Lee Rigby and the Oxford grooming ring as “appalling acts,” but has signaled that the fault should not be laid at the feet of the British Muslim Community.

Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of the Ramadhan Foundation told RT that “if you are involved in terrorism or extremism you do not represent Islam, you do not act in our name , you are bringing shame on our community and you must be confronted.”

Referencing the attack on Lee Rigby, the MCB said that it was more concerning how the killers “slipped through the net of the security services while within their radar.”

The MCB also reminded the government that it was its responsibility to protect its citizens from right-wing extremists and urged for leadership to combat “the challenge of civic apathy.”

While Mustafa Field, the director of the Mosques and Imams National Advisory Board signaled that the perpetrators of these crimes were small pockets of radicals not affiliated with the Muslim Community.

"There's very little evidence to indicate that mosques have been involved in radicalizing individuals," he said to the Guardian. "But the mosques are left to de-radicalize them."

He went on to say that the phenomenon of “self-radicalization” is becoming more prevalent in the UK and the government needs to pay more attention to extremist individuals.

Sean Thomas, a writer and journalist based in London told RT that politicians and prosecutors alike are afraid of addressing the issue for fear of being branded as “racist.”

“It can ruin careers,” said Thomas to RT correspondent Polly Boyko.

“The fact that it took a Muslim prosecutor to cut through and say ‘Look there is a problem here,’ shows that white prosecutors, white social workers, white legal officers and white politicians were very wary of approaching the issue because they are all terrified of being seen as racist,” said Thomas.

He drew attention to the fact that the case was brought up by far right-wing politician, Nick Griffin, back in 2004. The subsequent BBC documentary that was filmed on the subject led to the political establishment trying to put a gag on the politician rather than investigate the crimes.

“They ignored everything he said and instead tried to silence his point of view and so the crimes went on for a number of years,” said Thomas.
UK divided: Islam used as scapegoat in extremist attacks? ? RT News

Time to hang any islamist who advocates killing.

No need to have lengthy discussions.

In this case, an army vet was murdered.

This is a case to be tried in military court..

And then

hand the two SOBs high in the middle of Trafalgar square.

Sooner UK does it, the quicker this Islamist gangsta will stop.

peace

Sadly speaking, a great religion and its great religion's book has been misrepresented/distorted by some people over the time of history for their own advantage.

China has been quite cruel to those islam separatists/terrorists at least for the past five or six centuries after Yuan Dynasty.

During Ming dynasty, the central government crushed those islam rebels in the south.

During Qing dynasty, we all know, several empires of Qing consistently crushed those islam separatists/terrorists in northwest China. Most of them were cleansed and the remaining of them escaped into russia.

During CCP era, we all know what General Wang Zhen has done to keep our northwest peaceful.

China central governments have long suspected those islam movements and would never hesitate to crush them to pieces if required.

To be honest, we have consistently done that and we would never be afraid to cleanse them again.

Why don't I see other religions are so widely regarded as religion of terrorists???

I agree with you.

How come other religions or cultures never get into light like this? This article is saying that every other religions and cultures around the world, whether major or minor, are against Islam. Which cannot be the case.

Muslim members, please don't get angry and introspect why everytime this has to come to light. Because only you can change yourself and the image your faith has got.

This is not about just USA or UK or the proverbial "Western alliance"; it has been a problem even in the most different and non-western countries of the world as well such as Southeast Asia and Africa as well.

Please come forward to undo this damage because it is only antagonizing everyone against you all and needlessly creating tensions.

West meddled with modern Muslims only during CIA's alliance with Taliban. Things went downhill after that between them.

None of the eastern countries were involved in USA's war whether it is you Chinese, us Indians or the Thais, Khmers, Burmese etc. But still muslims attacked all these countries including yours.

So indeed you and we didn't have any choice.

Sadly speaking, a great religion and its great religion's book has been misrepresented/distorted by some people over the time of history for their own advantage.

Come on man. You're telling me that dozens and dozens of non-Muslim countries are misinterpreting? Where does it make sense?

China has been quite cruel to those islam separatists/terrorists at least for the past five or six centuries after Yuan Dynasty.

During Ming dynasty, the central government crushed those islam rebels in the south.

During Qing dynasty, we all know, several empires of Qing consistently crushed those islam separatists/terrorists in northwest China. Most of them were cleansed and the remaining of them escaped into russia.

During CCP era, we all know what General Wang Zhen has done to keep our northwest peaceful.

China central governments have long suspected those islam movements and would never hesitate to crush them to pieces if required.

To be honest, we have consistently done that and we would never be afraid to cleanse them again.

This is something I appreciate about your government.

They don't hesitate to call a spade, as a spade.

If there is a problem, they admit it and solve it even with force when required.

Sadly klepto--er.. I mean democracies don't function like that.

We do not give a damn when the matter is related to separatism/terrorism.

We do not give a damn to whatever religion you come from.

When you live in China, the State Law is higher than any of your Gods, bible, quran, this or that.

When our Laws tell you to modify your religion to fit for our Laws, you had better do it.

If you do not, you had better get the hell out of China since China does not have a good temper dealing with those who try to sabotage her Laws.

This is something I appreciate about your government.

They don't hesitate to call a spade, as a spade.

If there is a problem, they admit it and solve it even with force when required.

Sadly klepto--er.. I mean democracies don't function like that.

Well actually you are worse than Christians in their book, because Christianity like judiasm is also a religion created by Semites and they are termed "people of the book". Idol worshippers and atheists are at the bottom according to strict inperpretation.

I am an Atheist, but I also have statues of Buddha/Guanyin etc. in my house for cultural purposes.

So I am both an idol worshiper, and in the words of the senior member "Peregrine", an "ignorant kaffir" as well.

Though to be fair, Peregrine says that ALL kaffirs are ignorant, not just me specifically.

This is not about just USA or UK or the proverbial "Western alliance"; it has been a problem even in the most different and non-western countries of the world as well such as Southeast Asia and Africa as well.

Please come forward to undo this damage because it is only antagonizing everyone against you all and needlessly creating tensions.

In fact, if you check the Global Terror Index, the Western countries experience the LEAST amount of these extremist attacks.

The worst affected regions by these extremist attacks are South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, South East Asia, Russia, etc.

Shockingly enough, even China receives more of these extremist attacks than the USA does. Those extremists are not anti-West, they are anti-everybody.

Social rifts have been widening in the UK after the Woolwich murder and the discovery of an Oxford sex-grooming ring. In the midst of growing anti-Muslim protests, it has been suggested religion is merely a scapegoat in an already-divided society.

Social tensions have been on the rise on the streets of Britain following the murder of 25-year-old British soldier Drummer Lee Rigby in East London by two alleged Muslim extremists. The suspected killers claimed to be acting in vengeance for Muslims killed abroad by British troops in a video of the brutal attack.

The killing triggered violent protests from right-wing group the English Defense League (EDL) who slam the government for not doing enough against Muslim extremism. There has also been a flurry of attacks on Mosques in London and the rest of Britain in the wake of the incident.

Prior to this, the case of an Oxford-based sex-grooming ring that was active for eight years gripped the British public. Seven men of Asian origin were charged with rape, trafficking and orchestrating child prostitution among girls as young as 11.

Speculation has been rife as to the causes of these latest incidents, with some laying the blame at the feet of Britain’s growing Muslim population. However, others suggest the attacks have nothing to do with religion and originate from extremist groups that have slipped under the UK government’s radar.

Assed Baig, a UK-based freelance journalist, told RT that the latest incidents had absolutely nothing to do with Islam. He described the motives of race and religion as “red herrings.”

Speaking about the Oxford sex ring, he said the perpetrators were merely “predatory men targeting vulnerable girls who happened to be white, if those girls were Asian or black these men would have carried out the same actions.”

“The crimes that they committed are not Islamic, they are not crimes of radicalization,” stressed Baig.

Moreover, the Muslim Council of Britain has decried both the murder of Lee Rigby and the Oxford grooming ring as “appalling acts,” but has signaled that the fault should not be laid at the feet of the British Muslim Community.

Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of the Ramadhan Foundation told RT that “if you are involved in terrorism or extremism you do not represent Islam, you do not act in our name , you are bringing shame on our community and you must be confronted.”

Referencing the attack on Lee Rigby, the MCB said that it was more concerning how the killers “slipped through the net of the security services while within their radar.”

The MCB also reminded the government that it was its responsibility to protect its citizens from right-wing extremists and urged for leadership to combat “the challenge of civic apathy.”

While Mustafa Field, the director of the Mosques and Imams National Advisory Board signaled that the perpetrators of these crimes were small pockets of radicals not affiliated with the Muslim Community.

"There's very little evidence to indicate that mosques have been involved in radicalizing individuals," he said to the Guardian. "But the mosques are left to de-radicalize them."

He went on to say that the phenomenon of “self-radicalization” is becoming more prevalent in the UK and the government needs to pay more attention to extremist individuals.

Sean Thomas, a writer and journalist based in London told RT that politicians and prosecutors alike are afraid of addressing the issue for fear of being branded as “racist.”

“It can ruin careers,” said Thomas to RT correspondent Polly Boyko.

“The fact that it took a Muslim prosecutor to cut through and say ‘Look there is a problem here,’ shows that white prosecutors, white social workers, white legal officers and white politicians were very wary of approaching the issue because they are all terrified of being seen as racist,” said Thomas.

He drew attention to the fact that the case was brought up by far right-wing politician, Nick Griffin, back in 2004. The subsequent BBC documentary that was filmed on the subject led to the political establishment trying to put a gag on the politician rather than investigate the crimes.

“They ignored everything he said and instead tried to silence his point of view and so the crimes went on for a number of years,” said Thomas.
UK divided: Islam used as scapegoat in extremist attacks? ? RT News

So even after the videos and "Allah hu akbar" and all those messages etc they are "two alleged Muslim extremists".

I wonder what else is needed to clearly say they ARE Muslim extremists. :pissed:

Opps you just hurt your Iron brothers in Pakistan.

But then you don't give a damn to them do you :lol:

We do not give a damn when the matter is related to separatism/terrorism.

We do not give a damn to whatever religion you come from.

When you live in China, the State Law is higher than any of your Gods, bible, quran, this or that.

When our Laws tell you to modify your religion to fit for our Laws, you had better do it.

If you do not, you had better get the hell out of China since China does not have a good temper dealing with those who try to sabotage her Laws.

Dragon

How do people who cannot obey the laws of men ever obey the laws of God? On this forum, very many people including some mods, do not understand that the enemy is not islam the religion of faith in God, but IDEOLOGY of Islam-ism, this ideology must be confronted at every turn, forcefully, intelligently but what is important is that it be confronted

As silly as this may sound, the gora far-right backlash is nothing to do with doctrine rather it's all racial hate. To them Islam is a racial monolith, and such news an excuse to indulge in an old english favorite; "P-ki Bashing" (look that up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom