What's new

Uighurs living in Pakistan

why do you mix up going to mosque with fanaticism? tell me why shouldnt an under 18 go to mosque?

That debate will not be allowed on this forum.

But let Pakistanis tell us whether they would like other nations to emulate the Chinese in this regard.

Ughairs have been settled in current day Pakistan for sevral decades and centuries. There are many Pakistani citizens of Chinese and Ughair origin now!

Rubbish article. 50 Families, nonsense. as per the last census(2009) there were 10000 Chinese people including Uyghur's living in Pakistan:
Population Census Organization, Government of Pakistan

Secondly we have always had a historical trade link with china via baltistan and soust border, Chinese and Uyghur's have always lived peacefully in Pakistan many would come to Pakistan to study at the DAWA Academy in Islamabad or the International islamic university and others would come for trade or hajj.

It should also be mentioned that Pakistan allows Uyghur's to travel to Hajj via Pakistan, the only reason people like Rabbia are shouting at Pakistan is bacuase of those Uyghurwho were arrested and either returned to China for prosecution or ended up in Gitmo...

That being said, i have been around china and travelled to Urumqi several times, i can say that there is a definite issue of segregation from the wider hun community, this creates hostility and mistrust.

There has been little done from the World Uyghur congress to build bridges between the han and Uyghur people. Instead constant hostile and very scathing reports are published and raised with Human Right's Watch and the ICHR.

I also find it rather hilarious that Indian members will defend their sate's actions to control anti state elements in Kashmir but when it comes to Uyghur's and Xinjiang we hear a totally different beat.

Sadly this issue of Muslims segregating themselves from the wider community is not only frustrating for China it creates potential cultural flash points in other more liberal western countries.

I.E: Germany, UK, Netherlands etc...

Afghani, Bengali, Chinese, Uyghur's, Somalian, whatever all are welcome to live and work in Pakistan, so long as they do so legally and within the confines of the law.

We are tired of having our nation used as a staging ground for every, rebel, fugitive and che guevara wannabe.

My personal understanding, under 18 do not enter the mosque, it is true, but it does not mean you can not receive religious education, religious ideas that you can accept the parents and relatives at home, this is no problem, because the parents are really concerned about their children, every parents want their children happy, and not to any extreme ideas. under18 receiving religious education at home will be more secure, more mature, more rational. Parents will not have any bad ideas on their own children, and once after 18 , you will not have any restrictions. This is just the China policy, our own solutions to defense of extremism, not religion, by the way, other countries have their own solution, each country's policies for their own best. My personal thoughts.

Last edited:
Rubbish article. 50 Families, nonsense. as per the last census(2009) there were 10000 Chinese people including Uyghur's living in Pakistan:
Population Census Organization, Government of Pakistan

Secondly we have always had a historical trade link with china via baltistan and soust border, Chinese and Uyghur's have always lived peacefully in Pakistan many would come to Pakistan to study at the DAWA Academy in Islamabad or the International islamic university and others would come for trade or hajj.

It should also be mentioned that Pakistan allows Uyghur's to travel to Hajj via Pakistan, the only reason people like Rabbia are shouting at Pakistan is bacuase of those Uyghurwho were arrested and either returned to China for prosecution or ended up in Gitmo...

That being said, i have been around china and travelled to Urumqi several times, i can say that there is a definite issue of segregation from the wider hun community, this creates hostility and mistrust.

There has been little done from the World Uyghur congress to build bridges between the han and Uyghur people. Instead constant hostile and very scathing reports are published and raised with Human Right's Watch and the ICHR.

I also find it rather hilarious that Indian members will defend their sate's actions to control anti state elements in Kashmir but when it comes to Uyghur's and Xinjiang we hear a totally different beat.

Sadly this issue of Muslims segregating themselves from the wider community is not only frustrating for China it creates potential cultural flash points in other more liberal western countries.

I.E: Germany, UK, Netherlands etc...

Afghani, Bengali, Chinese, Uyghur's, Somalian, whatever all are welcome to live and work in Pakistan, so long as they do so legally and within the confines of the law.

We are tired of having our nation used as a staging ground for every, rebel, fugitive and che guevara wannabe.

I am very grateful for the understanding of China's work. We will continue to work hard, it is best for our people.

My personal understanding, under 18 do not enter the mosque, it is true, but it does not mean you can not receive religious education, religious ideas that you can accept the parents and relatives at home, this is no problem, because the parents are really concerned about their children, every parents want their children happy, and not to any extreme ideas. under18 receiving religious education at home will be more secure, more mature, more rational. Parents will not have any bad ideas on their own children, and once after 18 , you will not have any restrictions. This is just the China policy, our own solutions to defense of extremism, not religion, by the way, other countries have their own solution, each country's policies for their own best. My personal thoughts.

U mean the govt is concerned abt the children .... i wonder y u think all mosques r teaching evil stuff?

U mean the govt is concerned abt the children .... i wonder y u think all mosques r teaching evil stuff?

If the China think so, after 18 will be the same restrictions, children are easily influenced.

Mosque have a lot of people, good and bad, buildings do not hurt, the bad guys are. China has a lot of external interference, the situation is complex, it is the best in China.

Last edited:
Mosque have a lot of people, good and bad, buildings do not hurt, the bad guys are. China has a lot of external interference, the situation is complex, it is the best in China.

U can also meet ad guys in markets,schools etc they just dont keep mosques as some meeting places also i dont see any such threat to china... Its chinas internal issue so i dont really care but religious freedom is a right of every human.

If the China think so, after 18 will be the same restrictions, children are easily influenced.

What an excuse by the chineese gov!!! Schools have also got bad and good people, then do us a favour bar everybody under 18 from entering schools.

U can also meet ad guys in markets,schools etc they just dont keep mosques as some meeting places also i dont see any such threat to china... Its chinas internal issue so i dont really care but religious freedom is a right of every human.

I have a realistic attitude, Mosque is a relatively closed environment, China's population is very large, external enemies lining up, we had to do, religion is free, you can receive education in the family and community, after 18 will not have any restrictions religious freedom.

What an excuse by the chineese gov!!! Schools have also got bad and good people, then do us a favour bar everybody under 18 from entering schools.

I am glad for this debate, in any case we need to exchange.

With a realistic attitude, teachers have higher education, all other is child , Mosque?

Last edited:
I am glad for this debate, in any case we need to exchange.

With a realistic attitude, teachers have higher education, all other is child ,Mosque?

In the mosque there is scholars, i have been going to mosque since very young age to learn reading the Quran and pray. Later on at school we had huge number of religious subjects. As long as the mosques' activities are monitored porperly and funding be alocated to train the right people, i dont see anything wrong with it. dont forget that this policy will backfire eventually.

In the mosque there is scholars, i have been going to mosque since very young age to learn reading the Quran and pray. Later on at school we had huge number of religious subjects. As long as the mosques' activities are monitored porperly and funding be alocated to train the right people, i dont see anything wrong with it. dont forget that this policy will backfire eventually.

China's situation is exceptional and justified, China has a rapidly growing economy, major economic imbalances, distorted human values in such times, Pakistan has a stable environment and a long tradition, may not be suitable, but the China have the need, at least in the short term needs. If our society more rational and stable, will change, I agree.

i dont know what is the connection between rapid ecconomic growth and major economic imbalances vs somebody goes to the mosque to pray which purely personal.

Back
Top Bottom