What's new

Uighur Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongly reject this movement, it is only matter to China's internal matters.

Kurdish movements are growing that will independent from Iraq, Turkey and Syria.

Kerry back in Iraq to meet Kurdish leaders in second day row
June 24 2014

kurds_map.gif

IRBIL, Iraq — Secretary of State John F. Kerry made a second visit to Iraq in as many days Tuesday, this time to urge Iraq’s restive Kurds to work alongside the central government in Baghdad to combat the threat posed by breakaway al-Qaeda militants.

The Kurds have seized the key northern oil city of Kirkuk amid the lightning blitz by rebels from the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS). Kurdish leaders are now suggesting they will seek independence, the beginning of a possible break-up of the country.

“We are facing a new reality and a new Iraq,” Mahsoud Barzani, president of the semi-autonomous Kurdish government, told Kerry at the start of their meeting Tuesday.

An independent Kurdistan is a long-held goal for many Kurds, a minority of some 6.5 million people. Some Kurdish leaders see an opportunity in the rapid advance of the militants, and the slow, disorganized response by the Arab-led government.

The security crisis in the country could afford a justification and an opportunity for Kurds to pull out of the Arab-dominated government in Baghdad, which Kurds have long complained sidelines their interests. Kerry is trying to persuade skeptical Kurdish leaders not to withdraw, and to join in forming a new central government.

Kerry back in Iraq to meet Kurdish leaders - The Washington Post

This is not about independence. It is about supporting the rights of Uighur on their own freaking land. Also their human rights are being violated. If you think Kurdish people's rights are being violated open a thread about it.But don't come here and insult us about it by bringing it up here.

Why do you want to close it? Is it so much to ask to ask your Chinese "allies" to respect the human rigths of Uighur and Tibetans?It seems even bringing it up is not tolerated by you.

Those who voice their support for the Rights of the Kurds say the same thing !

The Chinese are my Brothers & just as I won't tolerate Separatism in Pakistan I won't tolerate it in China !

Would you tolerate it in Turkiye ?

If the answer is in the affirmative why in heaven's name did most of you Turks speak up when the Kurdish guy (I forgot his name) was talking about the Rights of the Kurds ?

You keep your land, I keep my land & the Chinese keep their land !

Please let this be the end of it !

Our solidarity will our Uyghur Kin will go on. We don't care about who or which country says about Uyghurs we defend the rights of Uyghurs....... i'm not very knowledgeable on the East Turkestan issue....will gain more knowledge.

Would you tolerate the same 'solidarity' been given for the Kurds ?

Don't support Separatism in other countries if you don't want Separatism been supported in your country !

You keep your lands, I keep my lands & let the Chinese keep their lands !

Please....don't indulge in this !

Turkish Officials Wary Of Independent Iraqi Kurdistan Despite Economic Gains

kurdistan-map.gif

By Erin Banco
on June 23 2014 3:23 PM

ISTANBUL, Turkey — As Kurds inside Iraq exploit the chaos gripping the country to press for the establishment of an independent state, one key player is casting a wary glance at this development: the Turkish government, which has for decades used force to suppress a Kurdish independence movement in southeastern Turkey.

For the Turks, the prospect that an independent Iraqi Kurdistan might now be taking shape in northern Iraq, one financed by lucrative oil installations in the area of Kirkuk, raises the risk that Kurds on both sides of the border could unite, threatening Turkey's hold on a large portion of its territory.

For years, the Turkish government has opposed Kurdish ambitions both in Iraq and at home. Since the early 1990s, Kurdish people living in southeastern Turkey have struggled, sometime violently, for independence from the central government.

“Turkey would be strongly opposed to an Iraqi Kurdistan,” said Cenap Çakmak, an international relations expert at Eskişehir Osmangazi University's department of international relations. “The things that are going on in Iraq are working in favor of the Kurdish government. The Kurds are consolidating power and expanding the sphere of influence in the area and now they have better reason to raise the ambition of becoming independent. The Kurdish in Turkey have similar ambitions. It is a major threat to national security and national identity.”

If the Kurds in Iraq were to declare independence, he added, Kurdish communities in Turkey would “be inclined to be part of that country."

Osman Bahadir Dincer, a researcher from the International Strategic Research Organization in Istanbul, described such a scenario as one that would cause “chaos” in Turkish society.

“We have been suffering from the PKK problem almost 30 years,” he said referring to the clashes between the Turkish military and the Kurdish rebel group in the 1990s. “These people were responsible for killing thousands of people. And now they are talking about asking for autonomy.”

On the other hand, some experts in Turkey portray the emergence of an independent Iraqi Kurdistan as a potentially enormous economic opportunity. Instead of an amalgam of competing forces ruling northern Iraq and its vast oil stocks, the Kurds and their disciplined army would be in charge, fostering stability that would enable greater trade with Turkey.

“I think Kurds are one of the winners of the situation in Iraq because they are extending their territory. They have taken the Kirkuk without any struggle,” Dincer said. Kirkuk, formerly under the control of the Iraqi military, is now in the hands of the Kurdish military, or the peshmerga. It is home to one of the country’s largest crude oil hubs.

Turkey and the governing parties in Iraqi Kurdistan signed a 50-year energy deal earlier this month that will allow Kurdistan to export oil, most of it from Kirkuk, to the rest of the world via a pipeline that runs through Turkey to the Mediterranean.

Some Turkish politicians have portrayed an independent Kurdish state in Iraq as an expression of popular sentiment, one that ought to be respected. In an interview with Rudaw, a Kurdish media outlet, Turkey’s ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) spokesman Huseyin Celik said Ankara would support secession by Iraqi Kurds.

“The Kurds of Iraq can decide where to live and under what title they want to live. Turkey does not decide for them,” he said, according to a transcript of the interview. “If Iraq could not solve its internal problems and the practical division of Iraq that we mentioned earlier, and this became an official division, then the people living there would have the right to self-determination like other nations.”

Others have suggested that Turkey could benefit from a Kurdish state in Iraq simply by having a buffer between its territory and the violence playing out to the south, as Sunni militants associated with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria square off with Shiite militias allied with Iraq's central government, led by Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

In an opinion column in Monday’s New York Times, Mustafa Akyol, a prominent Turkish journalist, described Iraqi Kurdistan as Turkey’s best ally in the Middle East.

“Apparently, Turkey is now willing to welcome Iraqi Kurds, perhaps even Syrian ones, as allies and to serve as a buffer between Turkey and the chaos in both of those countries. This could prove a very wise strategy,” he wrote.

For now, though, talk of a Kurdish state in what is now northern Iraq sows uneasiness among Turkey's ruling class, raising the spectre of a return to the bloody battles between Turkish forces and Kurds that played out during much of the 1990s.

But analysts here said Turkish officials, at least publicly, are divided on the issue, which is likely to become even more contentious as the August election approaches.

“Now we have a very polarized society; it is getting more complicated for Turkish policy-makers,” Dincer said. “Turkish politics is a mess right now.”

Turkish Officials Wary Of Independent Iraqi Kurdistan Despite Economic Gains

-----------------------

Kurdish leader cites 'new reality' in Iraq
  • LARA JAKES, AP National Security Writer
  • Posted June 24, 2014 at 6:27 a.m.

Mideast_Iraq_Kerry_Newt_t607.jpg

IRBIL, Iraq — The president of Iraq's ethnic Kurdish region declared Tuesday that "we are facing a new reality and a new Iraq" as the country considers new leadership for its Shiite-led government as an immediate step to curb a Sunni insurgent rampage.

The comments by Kurdish President Massoud Barzani came as he met with visiting U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who is pushing the central government in Baghdad to at least adopt new policies that would give more authority to Iraq's minority Sunnis and Kurds.

Kerry has repeatedly said that it's up to Iraqis — not the U.S. or other nations — to select their leaders. But he also has noted bitterness and growing impatience among all of Iraq's major sects and ethnic groups with the government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki.

Barzani told Kerry that Kurds are seeking "a solution for the crisis that we have witnessed."

Kerry said at the start of an hour-long private meeting that the Kurdish security forces known as peshmerga have been "really critical" in helping restrain the advance of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, a Sunni insurgency that has overtaken several key areas in Iraq's west and north, and is pushing the country toward civil war.

"This is a very critical time for Iraq, and the government formation challenge is the central challenge that we face," Kerry said. He said Iraqi leaders must "produce the broad-based, inclusive government that all the Iraqis I have talked to are demanding."

The U.S. believes a new power-sharing agreement in Baghdad would soothe anger directed at the majority Shiite government that has fueled ISIL. Iraq's population is about 60 percent Shiite Muslim, whose leaders rose to power with U.S. help after the 2003 fall of former president Saddam Hussein, a Sunni.

Minority Sunnis who enjoyed far more authority and privilege under Saddam than any other sect have long been bitter about the Shiite-led government. And al-Maliki has been personally accused of targeting Sunni leaders whom he considers his political opponents.

Iraqi Kurds had no love for Saddam, and were allowed to carve out a semi-autonomous region in Iraq's north to protect themselves from his policies. But Barzani for years has feuded with al-Maliki, most recently over the Kurdish regional government's decision to export oil through Turkey without giving Baghdad its required share of the profits.

The Kurdish region is home to several vast oil fields, which have reaped security and economic stability unmatched across the rest of the Iraq.

Barzani's support is key to solving the current political crisis, because Kurds represent about 20 percent of Iraq's population and usually vote as a unified bloc. That has made Kurds kingmakers in Iraq's national political process.

Tuesday's meeting in Irbil, the Kurdish capital, came a day after Kerry traveled to Baghdad to discuss potential options with Sunni and Shiite leaders, including al-Maliki. Kerry said after the Baghdad meetings that all the leaders agreed to start the process of seating a new government by July 1, which will advance a constitutionally-required timetable for distributing power among Iraq's political blocs, which are divided by sect and ethnicity.

Once a stable government is in place, officials hope Iraqi security forces will be inspired to fight the insurgency instead of fleeing, as they did in several major cities and towns in Sunni-dominated areas since the start of the year.

U.S. special forces have been ordered to Baghdad to train and advise Iraqi counterterror soldiers. President Barack Obama is reluctantly sending American military might back to the war zone it left in 2011 after more than eight years of fighting.

Al-Maliki has for months requested U.S. military help to quell ISIL, and the Obama administration has said it must respond to the insurgent threat before it spreads beyond Iraq's borders and puts the West at risk of attack.

On Monday, Kerry said the U.S. is prepared to strike the militants even if Baghdad delays political reforms. After Tuesday's meeting with Barzani, Kerry departed for Brussels, where he and NATO foreign ministers will turn their focus to Ukraine and Afghanistan.

Early Tuesday, Iraqi authorities discovered the bodies of three men who were shot in the head and chest and had their hands and legs bound, a police officer said. The men, dressed in civilian clothes and believed to be their 30s, had been dumped in the streets of three Shiite neighborhoods in and around Baghdad.

A medical official confirmed the report. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity as they were not authorized to release information.

The appearance of dead bodies in the streets is a grim reminder of sectarian violence that peaked in 2006 and 2007. During the worst of the bloodshed, Baghdad residents woke virtually every morning to find corpses, bearing gunshot wounds and signs of torture, that had been dumped in the streets or left floating in the Tigris River.

Kurdish leader cites 'new reality' in Iraq » Anderson Independent Mail

The Chinese are my Brothers & just as I won't tolerate Separatism in Pakistan I won't tolerate it in China !

If the answer is in the affirmative why in heaven's name did most of you Turks speak up when the Kurdish guy (I forgot his name) was talking about the Rights of the Kurds ?

I both support the rights of Kurds and Uighur people.Kurds have much more rights than Uighur. It is not comparable. You seem to be not informed about the situation.

Not all Kurds are treated as terrorist and their human rights respected.

But all Uighurs are treated like terrorist and their human rights stripped.

I both support the rights of Kurds and Uighur people.Kurds have much more rights than Uighur. It is not comparable. You seem to be not informed about the situation.

I don't want to indulge in this Kurds vs Uighur thing because it can get messy; I simply wish to point out that one does not interfere in the internal affairs of another country & voice support for organizations calling for Separatism if ones does not wish to see the same in their own country !

I don't want to see Separatism in Pakistan, I'm sure you don't wish to see in Turkiye & I'm sure the Chinese don't wish to see it in China - Let us each respect each other's Sovereignty !

Will an independent Kurdistan emerge from Syria-Iraq chaos?
Posted by William A. Jacobson Thursday, June 12, 2014

Map-of-Kurdish-Populations-RT-Video-Screen-Cap-607x442.jpg

We’ve been writing about the lack of a free and independent Kurdistan for years, It’s time for a free and independent Kurdistan.

While the Palestinian agenda has dominated every international forum, the much more populous and ethnically distinct Kurds have been mostly ignored. In part, this is because the Kurds span several nation states created by colonial powers after the implosion of the Ottomon Empire. Turkey particularly has threatened war if a Kurdish nation emerges.

In part it is because creating an independent Kurdistan does do not serve a political purpose of snuffing out the only Jewish state in the region.

Developments are moving fast that could change everything.

Syria lost control of its Kurd territory during the ongoing civil war, and the autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan has operated independently for years.

With Iraq losing control of vast territory, and the U.S. not anxious to do anything to help, the Kurds have claimed Kirkuk for their own, as the BBC reports, Iraqi Kurds ‘fully control Kirkuk’ as army flees:

Iraqi Kurdish forces say they have taken full control of the northern oil city of Kirkuk as the army flees before an Islamist offensive nearby.

“The whole of Kirkuk has fallen into the hands of peshmerga,” Kurdish spokesman Jabbar Yawar told Reuters. “No Iraq army remains in Kirkuk now.”

Kurdish fighters are seen as a bulwark against Sunni Muslim insurgents.

The NY Times further reports:
Unlike the Iraqi national army, the Kurdish forces, known as pesh merga, are disciplined and very loyal to their leaders and their cause: autonomy and eventual independence for a Kurdish state. The Kurds’ allegiance to the Shiite Arab-led Iraqi central government is limited, but neither are they known to be allied with the Sunni Arab militants. Many of the tens of thousands of Mosul residents who fled the militant takeover of the city have sought safety in Kurdish-controlled areas.

With its oil riches, Kirkuk has long been at the center of a political and economic dispute between Kurds and successive Arab governments in Baghdad. The disappearance of the Iraqi army from the city on Thursday appeared to leave Kirkuk’s fate in the Kurds’ hands.

Some Kurdish politicians quickly sought to take advantage, arguing that it was a moment to permanently seize control of Kirkuk and surrounding lands they have long regarded as part of a Kurdish national homeland.

“I hope that the Kurdish leadership will not miss this golden opportunity to bring Kurdish lands in the disputed territories back under Kurdish control,” Shoresh Haji, a Kurdish member of Iraq’s Parliament, was quoted as saying by Al Jazeera. “It is a very sad situation for Mosul, but at the same time, history has presented us with only one or two other moments at which we could regain our territory, and this is an opportunity we cannot ignore.”

Next year in a free and independent Kurdistan? Would Turkey allow that to happen?

Will an independent Kurdistan emerge from Syria-Iraq chaos?

if you dare attack China's internal matter which attack Pakistan..

I don't want to indulge in this Kurds vs Uighur thing because it can get messy; I simply wish to point out that one does not interfere in the internal affairs of another country & voice support for organizations calling for Separatism if ones does not wish to see the same in their own country !

I don't want to see Separatism in Pakistan, I'm sure you don't wish to see in Turkiye & I'm sure the Chinese don't wish to see it in China - Let us each respect each other's Sovereignty !
First there needs to be respect for the human before respect for the land....

Also as I said Kurds have the rights of kings compared to the Uighurs whom rights are all stripped by communist terrorist.

You are comparing apples with oranges.

Last edited:
We have no problem with Kurds, we have problem with PKK.

People in racist mentality can't differentiate of course.

Don't support Separatism in other countries if you don't want Separatism been supported in your country !

We say we gave our support to Uyghurs..but like i'am saying i will look more into this subject. Kurds never had a country to begin with but i don't think that was the same Issue with Uyghurs.

Like i said my support and apperently many other Turks support for Uyghur Turks are absolute... I wish other Turkic people also realise the problem of Uyghur Turks.

Kurds live in a muslim country while uighurs are under occupation of unbelievers, who are incompatible with religion, culture and ways of life of uighur muslims. Chineses are doing propaganda that uighurs are terrorists of knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom