What's new

“Udhar tum, idhar hum”: When Bhutto pushed Bangladesh to the edge of Pakistan

If Bengalis hadn't joined, there would be 00000 chance of Pakistan in 1947. Leaders like Liaqat Ali had to contest from Bengal to win a seat with Msulim League.

This is your dream land …….. your propaganda you can believe it as long as you want and as hard as you want...….But in reality
that was all you plan from day one ...… that is what i said..... lol
|As I said it was not Bengali Movement …….. It was Pakistan movement ….. A MUSLIM Movement …… Rest I give a dam.

It’s true!
It's not my place to say it, but I feel,
Today's Pakistan is not Jinnah's Pakistan..it is more like Pakistan of Yahya, Bhutto, Zia and Nawaz. They have ruined Jinnah's vision.
This is your dream land …….. you can believe it as long as you want and as hard as you want...….
|As I said it was not Bengali Movement …….. It was Pakistan movement ….. A MUSLIM Movement …… Rest I give a dam.
Then please give a damn in the threads about Pakistan's economy and save your Rupee from going down the drain.

If Bengalis hadn't joined, there would be 00000 chance of Pakistan in 1947. Leaders like Liaqat Ali had to contest from Bengal to win a seat with Msulim League.

:rofl::rofl: Muslim League made bengal govt. with help of Dalits

@Mage Funny thing is your crap on Bhutto but forget how your dear leader was shot dead in his house. Bhutto still lived for another 4 years whereas Mujib was executed by his own Mukti joddha terrorists.

What has Bangladesh have? Everything you have already surrendered to india from water supply to military.

Let them believe what they want...……………………………………………………………… lol...……………………… he did not answer any of my question ………… but runaway here and there.

@Mage Funny thing is your crap on Bhutto but forget how your dear leader was shot dead in his house. Bhutto still lived for another 4 years whereas Mujib was executed by his own Mukti joddha terrorists.

What has Bangladesh have? Everything you have already surrendered to india from water supply to military.
Mujib is venerated, he was voted as the greatest Bengali of all time...Bhutto is bhutto. Perhaps the greatest Pakistani of all times.

Still doing better than Pakistan in every front other than military.

@Mage

Hahahahah yeah Mujib literally stopped India from building Furakka barrage which opened on schedule blocking Ganges into the country.

Bangladesh is doing really well in remittances major part of the economy, it has sent most of its people abroad toclean toilets and earn slave income for their fellow countrymen amounting to $15 bn rofl.

Bangladesh is doing really well in remittances major part of the economy, it has sent most of its people abroad toclean toilets and earn slave income for their fellow countrymen amounting to $15 bn rofl.
Are you doing any better?
You will do great, just get Bhutto in power again.

@Mage

Hahahahah yeah Mujib literally stopped India from building Furakka barrage which opened on schedule blocking Ganges into the country.

Why not listen to what your prime minister said:

Separation of bengalis was a great thing for bengali nation and worst for Pakistanis. Learn from bengalis please But pakistani people hatred and ego doesn't allow to accept the reality. Sorry for what i write but what i can say.

@mikkix

Hatred and inferiority complex is a problem of the Banglas. They clean toilets, sleep on floors and say their doing really well. They should just look in the mirror or atleast retain some of the position they had before 71, like getting their water supply.

Paksitanis don't even care a nation called Bangladesh exists

@Mage

Sheikh Hasina police state is better than Bhutto's rule

lost either way I know we were damned . Army is sworn to defend the country it gave India the chance to launch the attack when we decided to defend the East Pakistan by launching the strike from West Pakistan.

we played badly failed on main 3 fronts intelligence, military and politically.

wonderful post dear
as always you make this forum a great place. I am referring to Agartala conspiracy when I referred Mujeeb to be in Indian hands, maybe he wasnt originally there. and yes such descent was thre right from the start like you will agree that there is descent in Kashmir but the Indian military is able to keep it under Indian writ. our military wasnt (whther it was weak or out numbered or demoralized is irrelevant) Pakistan was outclassed and Bangladesh was formed.

I like answering your posts because they are solid facts, not 'I said' 'she said' 'you said'.

To be frank, I have never understood what Mujib was trying to do in the Agartala Conspiracy. It is definite that he had some conversation or the other with Indians in responsible positions. What I am reminded of most is Sheikh Abdullah's behaviour before he was deposed and jailed in 1953; both seemed to have been trying to open up a greater advantage for their people, at the cost of the ruling centre of power, and both paid a price.

You compared Bangladesh and Kashmir. That is actually a great comparison, and I felt like kicking myself for not having thought of it earlier. Just at the moment, however, it seems too complex a comparison to undertake, without reflecting and mature thought. At best, we can agree on your formula, the Indian military managed to stay in control, the Pakistani military lost control.

I agree that right from the start the shape of the country was on very weak ground specially with a hostile country in the middle
we always say India never accepted our existence and was livid over the creation of Pakistan I see you point that maybe some of us also have same hostility towards India

I suggest, without insisting on it, that in India, not accepting the existence of Pakistan was confined to a small group on the political fringes, that had no influence until it regrouped after the Jayaprakash Narayan Navnirman agitation had failed. It had insufficient influence to move against Pakistan; India's role in Indo-Pakistan war situations was passive, except in the case of the East Pakistan movement, intermittently, as in the Agartala Conspiracy (assuming that to have been real, for the moment) and in a sustained manner, from after Operation Searchlight.

your narration of events during 47 are great contribution. hence I said that this could have been a union of 2 independent countries on maybe EU or UK style. but it is how it is.

Sadly so, and we all in each of our three countries have to live with it.

The problem is the bad fortune never comes alone!!! It all rushes down like flood giving little time for maneuvering! Anyway, one Musibet is better than a thousand Nesihat...

The East Pak debacle had started even before the birth of Pak!!! 1971 was the climax. It's like the principal cause of divorce isn't the scuffle b/w the husband and the wife on the way to the Divorce Court....

Here are some points from this Fakir:
  • Geography is Fate/Destiny etc. (Ibn-i Haldun). And, we are the kids of the Time we live in. Both are against the concept of Pak as far as the BD/East Pak Muslim folks are concerned
  • The Permanent Settlement, under which 99% of the land belonged to the Hindu Landlords in the East Bengal, broke the mental faculties of the Muslims therein. They are dependent on Hindus for language, education, culture, thoughts, guidance, philosophy etc. According to the BD ruling party's former general secretary, Ashraful Islam, "We are neither Hindus nor Muslims"!! "What has Islam given to the world that it can offer something to BD?", BD's current finance minister Abdul Muhit!!! This is the essence of the BD elites
  • The folks from the East Pak coveted for all the good things the West Pak had, conveniently forgetting that they're getting much better materialistically compared to what they had under the Hindus
  • Fazlul Hak from Bengal was chosen by the Muslim leaders to table the Pakistan Proposal in Lahore. But he backed off few years later, at the insistence of the Hindus, causing Jinnah to utter, "Blood of Mir Jafar is flowing through his veins". So, the schism started even before the birth of Pak
  • Even in 1948 Jinnah understood that the East Pak folks, especially the educated ones, are the "friends of our enemies"
  • And, the rest is history....

Hi,

We should thank for being fortunate that the east wing and the west wing joined and formed pakistan---.

After that---we should have realized that these two brothers had their seperate households and could not live together for NATURAL REASONS---.

How about for 10 trillion?
as long as they are not Zimbabwean dollars

Any Pakistani member you know here that believes that? Every Pakistani I have come across despises ZAB for whatever reason.
granted he had few shortcomings and one of the worse one was to reject the election outcome but other than that he was a talented politician and very astute and loved among the masses.
yes he was selfish like any successful politician and yes he divided the public opinion back in those days one had to be either pro Bhutto or against Bhutto making it pure black and white whereas real world is not that simple.

Hi,

We should thank for being fortunate that the east wing and the west wing joined and formed pakistan---.

After that---we should have realized that these two brothers had their seperate households and could not live together for NATURAL REASONS---.
yes sir
we need to resign to the thought that this union was not going to talks despite best of intentions.
may they live and prosper they dont have us stopping them and we can also continue with our path

Amen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom