What's new

UAE's threats to Pakistan : The sweet sound of a glorious oil-drenched slap

real question is what GCC has done for pakistan oin the past..honestly nothing.
if they have employed our cheap labour i was two way benefit. honestly they haven't done it exclusively for Pakistan they are more indians there than pakistanis

Pakistani has benefited disproportionately from the labor remmitances from GCC states
If you reduce the number of Pakistani expatriates to the number of Bangladeshi expatriates you will notice the impact on your economy.

Pakistani has benefited disproportionately from the labor remmitances from GCC states
If you reduce the number of Pakistani expatriates to the number of Bangladeshi expatriates you will notice the impact on your economy.
nope it hasn't. in fact Bangladesh has more remittances sent back than Pakistan, only recently pakistan has overtaken it. even though we have 30% greater population. i am surprised by the myths india has about pakistan and GCC
if you check its leading countries KSA is on the top. so till 2012 KSA were helping Bangladesh more in terms of remittances. and if checked population wise its still doing so !

there are similar myths about cheap oil and weapons purchase when in reality thos are nothing but indian and some extremist pakistanis myths. in reality all we got was oil on extended credit line

yes we are on of the major aid receiptant of GCC, an estimate of 300-400 million not counting the surprise move of 1.5 billion dollars from KSA last year

in exchange pakistan has crashed huthois in yemen in the 60s when saudis didnt had the man power to defend their kingdom nor the money
we got involved in middle east in past several times even recently in Bahrain and got nothing in return other than hate ..i think people and politicians are on the same page now atleast on this matter.

saudis should go and knock the Egyptian door where they have pledged over 30 billion dollars in aid

nope it hasn't. in fact Bangladesh has more remittances sent back than Pakistan, only recently pakistan has overtaken it. even though we have 30% greater population. i am surprised by the myths india has about pakistan and GCC
if you check its leading countries KSA is on the top. so till 2012 KSA were helping Bangladesh more in terms of remittances. and if checked population wise its still doing so !

there are similar myths about cheap oil and weapons purchase when in reality thos are nothing but indian and some extremist pakistanis myths. in reality all we got was oil on extended credit line

yes we are on of the major aid receiptant of GCC, an estimate of 300-400 million not counting the surprise move of 1.5 billion dollars from KSA last year

in exchange pakistan has crashed huthois in yemen in the 60s when saudis didnt had the man power to defend their kingdom nor the money
we got involved in middle east in past several times even recently in Bahrain and got nothing in return other than hate ..i think people and politicians are on the same page now atleast on this matter.

saudis should go and knock the Egyptian door where they have pledged over 30 billion dollars in aid

Look at data for UAE

There are 2.2 million Indians, 1.2 million Pakistanis, 600,000 Bangladeshis in UAE (Source Wikipedia)
Population India 1.1 billion Pakistan 196 million Bangladesh 160 million

If you normalize Pakistanis to the same ratio of Bangladeshis there will be 750,000 Pakistanis
If you normalize Pakistanis to the same ratio of Indians there will be 400,000 Pakistanis

Pakistanis are over-represented. Most of them are doing running run of the mill work. Translation: they are replaceable

"we got involved in middle east in past several times even recently in Bahrain and got nothing in return other than hate"

You got paid for your Bahraini involvement. As per PDF posters your ex-ISI chief was recruiting ex-Pakistani military personnel. You cannot take the money and then complain about the work

I think we all know who's behind this situation:coffee:

There is only one thing that the GCC countries can do, and that is give threats.. An example : kuwait, UAE etc etc etc..:D:lol:

I am starting to think this conflict has the potential to undo UAE. This could be the only reason they are so nervous. Take a hypothetical situation. Air Campaign can not dislodge Houthis alone. Ground invasion becomes another Afghanistan for UAE like countries. Now as a blow back, if bombs start going off in shiny UAE cities, expats and investment will take off. And that is all UAE dependent on. If security deteriorate in UAE mega cities, they are done with. Pretty unnerving I guess. And I don't think anyone in West has appetite for another ground invasion in Middle East.

If my assessment is correct and really hope it is not, then UAE blew its chance to win support from Pakistan because of sheer arrogance. I wonder if that is going to be finally our golden moment to realize our potential and drive our passion to make our country great!

They are playing dirty games in Balochistan for years. Time for few crackers in dubai.
But i am not seeing any shift in threat perception. Pressure is mounting day by day. Eventually Pakistan has to participate.

I had a friend in college, she was a Pakistani but born in Kuwait and then moved to the US. She and her brother would tell me that the worst racial discrimination is amongst Arabs towards a Pakistani. I didn't exactly under stand why back then, but I can see it now and can also see it through your post. AND these idiots want to be protected by the SAME people who they've been discriminating against for decades?
Let them grow some balls and fight at least ONE war by themselves. The US gave them a cold shoulder and now Pakistan did too. May be they should ask India to help, may be the Indians can convert the shiite's into Hidutva lovers? What is going on in the world? Everywhere you look, outside of the West, religion is killing others!!!
Sometime i wonder what happens to arabs in these 100 to 300 years that they change from a most fierce fighting machine into this?

They are playing dirty games in Balochistan for years. Time for few crackers in dubai.
But i am not seeing any shift in threat perception. Pressure is mounting day by day. Eventually Pakistan has to participate.

Sometime i wonder what happens to arabs in these 100 to 300 years that they change from a most fierce fighting machine into this?

who is playing dirty games in Baluchistan ? UAE or Iran or both ??

This might hurt average Pakistani, but it more hurt to those people who transfer there money and made big castles in arabian land.
But from all this situation , India is biggest beneficiary.....and you know how,,

who is playing dirty games in Baluchistan ? UAE or Iran or both ??
In intelligence every game is dirty. you have to protect your interest at every cost. Every regional and international power has stakes in Balochistan. So you can say both.

I think we all know who's behind this situation:coffee:

There is only one thing that the GCC countries can do, and that is give threats.. An exampl
e : kuwait, UAE etc etc etc..:D:lol:
No one else but this same UAE came forth when WHO was slamming travelling sanctions on Pakistanis.
Govt looks to UAE for continuing polio vaccination | ePaper | DAWN.COM
UAE agrees to finance anti-polio drive in KP, Fata - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
More than 28m children receive UAE funded polio vaccine in Pakistan - The Lahore Times
It might be that next time they will take this to their council and then citing domestic challanges will excuse.

No one else but this same UAE came forth when WHO was slamming travelling sanctions on Pakistanis.

It might be that next time they will take this to their council and then citing domestic challanges will excuse.
Yeah you're right on that but i'm talking about something else. Here in the UAE they have increased prices for Pakistanis in Duty free. Too much tension here..

Yeah you're right on that but i'm talking about something else. Here in the UAE they have increased prices for Pakistanis in Duty free. Too much tension here..
Have they done so explicitly?

US puppets cant force us in Yemen crisis. If they are going to think we are going to be part of their conspiracy, we will shove their a55es. We respect them, we have spiritual connections with KSA not with Saud Family.
They want us to protect Saud family, but we are only committed to the Holy Cities. Here is the clash!!

The message may have been delivered by UAE but it's mastermind was apparently Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
Govt looks to UAE for continuing polio vaccination | ePaper | DAWN.COM
UAE agrees to finance anti-polio drive in KP, Fata - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
More than 28m children receive UAE funded polio vaccine in Pakistan - The Lahore Times

They started in May/2014 with the aim of vaccinating 3.6 million children and have crossed 8 million in Oct/2014, and still counting.

Your link dated Mar/2015 states 28 million

UAE project to vaccinate 3.6m Pakistani children

Back
Top Bottom