What's new

UAE sentences Indian man to death over rape

Really? Read below:

An Emirati given death for raping and killing a Pakistani boy:

--------------

January 27, 2010

Dubai court sentences mosque rapist to death

The Emirati man was accused of raping and murdering a four-year-old boy in a mosque's washroom on Eid Al Adha

Dubai court sentences mosque rapist to death | GulfNews.com

--------------

Jun 7, 2010

Moosa killer loses his final appeal

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/courts/moosa-killer-loses-his-final-appeal

--------------

June 08, 2010

Death sentence upheld for boy's murder

Trial shortest to result in death sentence in Dubai history.

Death sentence upheld for boy's murder - Emirates 24/7

--------------

Feb 10, 2011

Execution of Moosa's killer expected today

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/courts/execution-of-moosas-killer-expected-today

--------------

February 10, 2011

Dubai mosque murderer executed

Rashid Al Rashidi was executed Thursday

Dubai mosque murderer executed | GulfNews.com

--------------

Bhai please do not obfuscate. I'm making a valid point and not making wild accusations. The Pakistani kid case was a MURDER case and I have no idea why you would tell me that case to prove I don't know what point.

Repeat - this is a rape case that has been given a death sentence. This does raise doubts when I read every week rape cases receiving varying sentences soem as low as three years. I want to know whats so different here.

Disgusting! 57-year-old abuses a 7-year-old

the rapist could be old enough to be the poor girl's great grand father

Muhammed was 54 when he had sex with his wife Ayesha who was 9 years old. .......... He married Ayesha when he was 51 and Ayesha was 6 years old.

Let us not get carried away ........ the man should just marry that girl and get out of that jail sentence.

Muhammed was 54 when he had sex with his wife Ayesha who was 9 years old. .......... He married Ayesha when he was 51 and Ayesha was 6 years old.

Let us not get carried away ........ the man should just marry that girl and get out of that jail sentence.

this explain your country is a hot bed to proliferate a rape culture

even if you're married, sex without consent can constitute a rape case let alone the poor little girl did not have any mariital relationship with the rapist

This is the most ******8 rule. One guy said, 4 persons are needed to prove Adultery, and one witnesses for rape. Which one is true. ??
Govt can conduct medical test and prove it, instead of witnesses. If he is guilty kill him.

Punishment for adultery and rape - stoning by death for married adulterers and 100 lashes for unmarried adulterers - is very severe in Islamic law and hence the stringent requirement of 4 witnesses (or 2 male witnesses, I believe). I am sure there are provisions to update the requirements in light of forensic sciences and other testing methods available in the case of adultery.

But proving rape is harder (unlike in this case where the victim is a 7 year old kid) as any adult woman can use consensual adultery/fornication for a multitude of reasons against her male partner. I recently watched an Indian movie in which a women confides to her brother that the rape she went through earlier in life was infact consensual (she was too afraid of her family to admit it earlier). Just imagine how easily a rape can be insinuated. Even today it is not easy to prove rape.

Nobody cares if he is a rapist and a paedophile.

Death for rape.. hmmm but the application of law seems confusing, recently a case where a bunch of locals abducted a vietnamese and then raped her were only given 3 years. That crime, since it involved abduction seemed really grave.

I guess the nationality of victim and perp matters.

3 years imprisonment for abducted is acceptable, but it is not the Shariat punishment for rape in Islam that is enforced in Gulf states. In Shariat, the men would face death by stoning (in case of being married) or 100 lashes (unmarried).

I never said that rape is a small issue where the criminals should be let off with a slap in their hands.....but I also believe that in a crime where no life is lost, the law doesn't have right to take life.

Dude, that is just ****** disgusting!

Imagine the 7 year old kid to be your daughter/sister and then tell me whether you still believe what you wrote, imagine yourself being the 7 year old girl..........

Debating whether death is fair punishment for rape is a perfectly legit debate. Every week there is news of rapists getting varying prison terms in UAE newspapers. I do not see whats the difference here, why suddenly death penalty?

The nationality of perp and victim plays a part, and thats travesty of justice.

Just to begin with, this is no ordinary rape, this is rape along with cruelty of the highest level and extreme torture, mental trauma for the kid for the rest of her life. The magnitude of this ******** crime cannot be matched by execution alone, the punishment should have been harsher, more extreme before final execution.

That's +Point of Western Culture , Due to Open Culture Victim Women Doesn't end up as taboo ,

in Asian Societies actually Raped women face more Problem From Society than Rapist. Rapist Rape her only Once But Society Rape her whole life. So some of such S-Hit Societies gives death to Rapist and feel Proud.

Perhaps you would be better off googling statistics of rapes in the west, those that are reported, those that are proved and the those in which cases sentences are awarded. Finally, you should also do a bit of research on sentences awarded before you even begin to deliberate on the matter.

Hazrat B. B. Ayesha (RA) was around 9 years old when she was betrothed to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) but that does not mean that she was married to him at that age or that the marriage was consumed when she was 9 years old. By all Muslim accounts, Hazrat B. B Ayesha (RA) was of age, estimated to be 16-18 years of age at the time of actual marriage and that the marriage took place only after her consent was acquired!

One must really learn what he/she speaks about so as not to incite hatred, which you have successfully done!

3 years imprisonment for abducted is acceptable, but it is not the Shariat punishment for rape in Islam that is enforced in Gulf states. In Shariat, the men would face death by stoning (in case of being married) or 100 lashes (unmarried).

That's what I'm saying, there's inconsistency based on nationality of perp and victim. Gross inconstency. Nobody here cares what happens to the rapist.

Racism under the guise of doing justice? That seems a possibility here.

Dude, that is just ****** disgusting!

Imagine the 7 year old kid to be your daughter/sister and then tell me whether you still believe what you wrote, imagine yourself being the 7 year old girl..........

Imagine if you lost your father in World Trade Center in 9/11...don't you wish to blow up the Taliban/Jihadis and whomever associated with that twisted ideology even if that meant using drones and killing a lot more than initially intended.

Punishment for adultery and rape - stoning by death for married adulterers and 100 lashes for unmarried adulterers - is very severe in Islamic law and hence the stringent requirement of 4 witnesses (or 2 male witnesses, I believe). I am sure there are provisions to update the requirements in light of forensic sciences and other testing methods available in the case of adultery.

But proving rape is harder (unlike in this case where the victim is a 7 year old kid) as any adult woman can use consensual adultery/fornication for a multitude of reasons against her male partner. I recently watched an Indian movie in which a women confides to her brother that the rape she went through earlier in life was infact consensual (she was too afraid of her family to admit it earlier). Just imagine how easily a rape can be insinuated. Even today it is not easy to prove rape.

Of course , In India, such false "rape" cases are increasing. For such cases, evidences are required. If she alleges rape, she have to provide details, where she was abducted, time, location, etc. In this itself, Police would find out the truth.
So I dont think, men can be jailed in false cases

Imagine if you lost your father in World Trade Center in 9/11...don't you wish to blow up the Taliban/Jihadis and whomever associated with that twisted ideology even if that meant using drones and killing a lot more than initially intended.

Most definitely.

And what would be my reaction upon deeper and careful inspection of the 9/11 terrorism, especially once the rage had calmed down and the urge for revenge somewhat satisfied, I would go after my Government and the agencies responsible for the false flag operation. And I would not even stop there, I would attempt to get to the root cause of why we were the most hated and feared people on the planet despite being just as normal as Europeans/Asians etc. and perhaps even more generous on average!!

Hazrat B. B. Ayesha (RA) was around 9 years old when she was betrothed to the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) but that does not mean that she was married to him at that age or that the marriage was consumed when she was 9 years old. By all Muslim accounts, Hazrat B. B Ayesha (RA) was of age, estimated to be 16-18 years of age at the time of actual marriage and that the marriage took place only after her consent was acquired!

One must really learn what he/she speaks about so as not to incite hatred, which you have successfully done!

Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:234

When Muhammed died, Aisha was 18 years old .........widow.

If truth will incite hatred ....then do you recommending 'hiding' the truth ? ............anyway this might be 'religious' as per some views ....so I leave it to the discretion of readers.

Of course , In India, such false "rape" cases are increasing. For such cases, evidences are required. If she alleges rape, she have to provide details, where she was abducted, time, location, etc. In this itself, Police would find out the truth.
So I dont think, men can be jailed in false cases

But the problem is, can the system provide justice to a rape victim? The system is so overwhelmingly in the favour of the rapist, on account of benefit of the doubt, that most of the times rapists walk. What to do then? It is a problem that doesn't have an easy solution.

Back
Top Bottom