What's new

UAE sentences Indian man to death over rape

The first 2 punishment for related crimes are Sharia punishments, the rest are a recreation of your ugly imagination carefully planted in the mix to give an impression that they are punishments prescribed by the religion.

But for the sake of those who really question the extreme punishments in Islam, for the sake of knowledge and understanding. Punishments in Islam are extreme indeed but they are not meant to be exercised as in, the threat and scare of such extreme punishments in enough to deter anyone from committing those crimes in any Sharia society. The idea is not to punish but to deter! It's a matter of being proactive instead of being reactive

Its not in my intention to refer to Sharia. The punishments I posted seemed like 'good punishments' that can be given to crimes with no mortal loss if you support death penalty for rape.

But even before we get to the punishments, the Islamic Shariat system, we have pre-requisites in Islam and an ideal Muslim state is a true welfare state where the basic necessities of every one are met by the state. The state provides for everyone after which there is no room for excuses to commit robbery/decoity etc. because hunger/basic necessity are non existent.

Then work for an ideal Muslim state rather calling for Sharia at the drop of a hat...and to my knowledge I don't find any Muslim country , even the one that practices Sharia, an ideal Muslim state.

Show me where I defended rape...what I don't defend is dishing out punishments based on emotions.

Revenge is not justice.

Then go back to my question and answer it, it had something to do with the hypothetical situation where the victim was a direct relative of yours, your son, daughter, wife or sister......what would be punishment acceptable to you in that case?

Then work for an ideal Muslim state rather calling for Sharia at the drop of a hat...and to my knowledge I don't find any Muslim country , even the one that practices Sharia, an ideal Muslim state.

That is a good advice. But we have to start somewhere right? And so I conclude that the punishments prescribed in Shariat are just and made to ensure a crime less society by the force of deterrance.

Then go back to my question and answer it, it had something to do with the hypothetical situation where the victim was a direct relative of yours, your son, daughter, wife or sister......what would be punishment acceptable to you in that case?

I already answered that in post# 85

I expect to give brutal punishment for the slightest harm done to my family...but that not how the world works.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...dian-man-death-over-rape-6.html#ixzz2bJR76gdt

That is a good advice. But we have to start somewhere right? And so I conclude that the punishments prescribed in Shariat are just and made to ensure a crime less society by the force of deterrance.

You are contradicting yourself. You said earlier that for before Sharia you need a model Islamic state and no offence none of the Islamic countries are in the top layer, its mainly Western countries especially European countries where the death sentence is banned even for crimes involving loss of life.

I already answered that in post# 85

And wherever in the world it does happen, you oppose it. Make up your mind dude.

You are contradicting yourself. You said earlier that for before Sharia you need a model Islamic state and no offence none of the Islamic countries are in the top layer, its mainly Western countries especially European countries where the death sentence is banned even for crimes involving loss of life.

I agree, no Islamic country today represents a true model Islamic state. However, many middle eastern countries do have a superb welfare system and they treat their citizens with the utmost respect and love. They do, however, treat others unjust and that's not allowed in Islam, if their justice system starts treating everyone equal then they will become true welfare states.

And well, certain countries such as Australia & Canada are actually better examples of Islamic state system as their justice system is unbiased and their welfare system is excellent.

Back
Top Bottom