What's new

UAE May Fund Next-Gen Rafale

Leaving aside your usual rivalry as seen all over this forum, What in your opinion is the reason for UAE to switch to European suppliers suddenly for future development when they can already plan to upgrade their purchase of the block 60 American F-16s with the future variants of JSF?

Even if the UAEAF is interested to replace it existing fleet of Mirages, which it already is with present generation Rafales, I don't understand why a country that has excellent ties with the United States would suddenly jump in for an abnormally skewed defense relationship with Europe.

UAE has always played the neutral end player when it comes to middle east politics and doesn't get involved in very high end controversies unlike Saudi Arabia. It is very unlikely of them to fall out of American favour.

What do you people think?

Parashuram1...money talks bullshit walks..
U.A.E is not in a hurry they are aware of other programs..where most of the nations with money are planning for the next decade next generation Stealth..U.A.E is surely in line with their plans..
I said it before i will say again once israel gets their F-35s and master them than it'll be turn for gulf nations..
F-35 is most likely for UAEAF...french can't play and win like americans did with F-16 blk 60 platform is available US can offer even more superior avionics for these F-16s in near future plus order for 2 more squadrons..instantly killing rafale dream sales.
all this hassles of buying back mirages and than research and development of next generation rafale that is all too late for french, U.A.E if even invest they are well aware of rafale's marketing profile i am in doubt as U.A.E if ever wants to chip in this project would pay perhaps 50%? and french would be broken heart again as their expectations are all arab money into this project that's just a risky by french us can/will keep u.a.e aware of this.
F-35
F-15SE (some changes have taken place to this program but its on the track)
EF-2000
su-35BM
VS Rafale (marketing and market failure no customer except for french airforce/navy program of next gen on the paper awaiting $$)

Last edited:
Dassault-UAE May Have Rafale Deal This Year

By PIERRE TRAN
Published: 3 May 2010 17:16

PARIS - Discussions between France and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) on a prospective next-generation Rafale strike fighter are taking longer than expected but Paris hopes an agreement can be reached on a "common core" aircraft by the end of the year, a French official said May 3.

An agreement reached by "the end of 2010" would open the way for delivery of the more capable Rafale model in 2014 and a flying operational life in 2015, said the official, who is familiar with the negotiations.
The talks on cooperation also mean the French Air Force and Navy could get an advanced F4 version of the Rafale earlier than planned. The F3 standard is just entering service and is expected to fly until 2018-20.

The F4 model would be a true "fifth-generation" aircraft, the official said.

A buyback of the Mirage 2000-9 fleet flown by the UAE has not been agreed with France, but remains a "hypothesis among others," the official said.

There is "a small club" of countries flying the Mirage 2000 into which the UAE could sell the Mirage 2000-9 aircraft, the official said.

The main additional capabilities under discussion with the UAE include an active electronically scanned array radar, advanced electronic warfare and frontal sector optronics gear, and a nine ton thrust version of the M88 engine.

Dassault Aviation is prime contractor for the Rafale. Thales builds the electronic systems, Snecma the M88 engine.

Leaving aside your usual rivalry as seen all over this forum, What in your opinion is the reason for UAE to switch to European suppliers suddenly for future development when they can already plan to upgrade their purchase of the block 60 American F-16s with the future variants of JSF?

I suppose UAE will induct 3 platforms and Rafale is one of them , F-16's are the most advanced Multirole fighters in the world today.

Inducting rafale would bring them a twin engine platform for strike and naval attack missions.

According to some reports they were intrested in F-35 but it will take too long for F-35 to join UAEAF fleet.

Even if the UAEAF is interested to replace it existing fleet of Mirages, which it already is with present generation Rafales, I don't understand why a country that has excellent ties with the United States would suddenly jump in for an abnormally skewed defense relationship with Europe.

They want to keep their fleet diverse and i assume they are not in favor of relying upon a single supplier , like Pakistan.

UAE has always played the neutral end player when it comes to middle east politics and doesn't get involved in very high end controversies unlike Saudi Arabia. It is very unlikely of them to fall out of American favour.
What do you people think?

I think UAEAF has specific needs which can be fullfilled by inducting multi platforms like rafale and F-16 E/F this is the reason why they would be looking at multiple suppliers.

Regards:

Hahahahahah:lol::lol: What was that MK:what: Still trying to figure it out :lol::lol:

But I guess if its about Mirages, We all know your POV.

Adios

Hi,

Actually it is not about the M2k9 or any mirage---it is about parity with the enemy's weapons system----jf 17 in itself is a lightweight fighter---.

A lightweight fighter will never replace a medium to a heavy weight fighter.

Back
Top Bottom