What's new

UAE Islamic body OKs vaccines even with pork

Vanamali

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

DUBAI: The United Arab Emirates' highest Islamic authority, the UAE Fatwa Council, has ruled that coronavirus vaccines are permissible for Muslims even if they contain pork gelatin.
The ruling follows growing alarm that the use of pork gelatin, a common vaccine ingredient, may hamper vaccination among Muslims who consider the consumption of pork products "haram", or forbidden under Islamic law.
If there are no alternatives, Council Chairman Sheikh Abdallah bin Bayyah said that the coronavirus vaccines would not be subject to Islam's restrictions on pork because of the higher need to "protect the human body".
The council added that in this case, the pork gelatin is considered medicine, not food, with multiple vaccines already shown to be effective against a highly contagious virus that "poses a risk to the entire society".

This is well known now, as Muslims can’t eat it but it can used in medicine to benefit lives.
I read somewhere, in Indonesia, halal certification is required for covid vaccination

You can eat it too if your life depends on it.

Yes if you are starving and have no option, then the preservation of life is greater then the dietary restriction of not eating pork or anything else considered haram
I read somewhere, in Indonesia, halal certification is required for covid vaccination

Halal certification is required for everything, we are muslims

It simply determines if something is halal for us to eat or drink or partake in

DUBAI: The United Arab Emirates' highest Islamic authority, the UAE Fatwa Council, has ruled that coronavirus vaccines are permissible for Muslims even if they contain pork gelatin.
The ruling follows growing alarm that the use of pork gelatin, a common vaccine ingredient, may hamper vaccination among Muslims who consider the consumption of pork products "haram", or forbidden under Islamic law.
If there are no alternatives, Council Chairman Sheikh Abdallah bin Bayyah said that the coronavirus vaccines would not be subject to Islam's restrictions on pork because of the higher need to "protect the human body".
The council added that in this case, the pork gelatin is considered medicine, not food, with multiple vaccines already shown to be effective against a highly contagious virus that "poses a risk to the entire society".

You can have something with pork as medicine in Islam. At least that's what I think. I could be wrong. You need to ask a scholar.

This is well known now, as Muslims can’t eat it but it can used in medicine to benefit lives.
Only if alternative is not available, please don't forget to mention that. So this means if the only reason pork gelatin is being used is commercial viability as opposed to scientific then it not right.

Anyways I wouldnt trust the UAE fatwa council for anything, infact I wouldnt trust any fatwa council of any country which is government sponsored.

maybe they have options unlike UAE
Only if alternative is not available, please don't forget to mention that. So this means if the only reason pork gelatin is being used is commercial viability as opposed to scientific then it not right.

Anyways I wouldnt trust the UAE fatwa council for anything, infact I wouldnt trust any fatwa council of any country which is government sponsored.

government sponsored would be the better Muslim choice than handful individuals.

This is so dumb, first of all, these current vaccines to my knowledge have nothing to do with pork, beef or whatever. and even if they did, anyone with any basic fiqh understanding knows the permissibility of use is dependent on situation and need(the principle of the "lesser or two evils", i.e the harm in not taking is worse(i.e. jeopardizing health and life of both onself and those around them) than the harm of the existence of nijasa(which itself is not really known and debatable(some people argue with regards to istihaalah). This particular vaccine is no different, people have been vaccinating for years.

this newspaper with its clickbait is trash(and somewhat bigoted and orientalist in outlook). There is nothing extraordinary here, Vaccines have been used and deemed permissible for the longest time.

Last edited:

Times of India....whats wrongbwith people here

Coming soon, Pork its what's for dinner, only if you can wash it down with alcohol. Approved by GCC, oh my bad GCC puppets approved Islamic: ROFL: council: cheers:.

UAE "Islamic Council" will next make halal...
1. Pork and pig for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
2. Whoring you wives to other men
3. Alcohol drinking while praying to idols of shaytaan
4. Multiple gods ... Sheikh Zayed is now also a god
5. Worship of IsraHell

Dejaali Gulf Arabs.

On a more serious note.... According to my information..
Alcohol and perhaps even pig derived elements are halal when used for medical purposes to save lives. However, I am not a scholar or an informed authority on this subject.

So???

One pork based vaccine out of a hundred halal ones?? People are still surviving without a vaccine too...

And there will be some, if not most, who won't use a vaccine if they're in no danger. Nothing to worry about, move along.

So???

One pork based vaccine out of a hundred halal ones?? People are still surviving without a vaccine too...

And there will be some, if not most, who won't use a vaccine if they're in no danger. Nothing to worry about, move along.
I think the point is under the guise of Islamic scholars they are deliberately misleading innocent Muslims. Remember not everyone has the ability capacity or time to think independently. If they did we wouldn't have peer and sheikh and mullah worshippers.

Back
Top Bottom