What's new

UAE All Radio Stations Supporting Only India

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Indian will ever get offended if called Bhartiya. I can assure you that.

Its kinda cool. only time I hear this term being addressed to us is in this forum which is of unique..

Nowhere else i have been called a bharatiya, and i wonder if any outsiders know about these word.. It would be funny if they call us that..

Anyway its the local language term in urdu. Sad i cant use my slangs in my local language in here so freely.

Its kinda cool. only time I hear this term being addressed to us is in this forum which is of unique..

Nowhere else i have been called a bharatiya, and i wonder if any outsiders know about these word.. It would be funny if they call us that..

Anyway its the local language term in urdu. Sad i cant use my slangs in my local language in here so freely.

No problem is that bharti vaguely means "to get enrolled" so it just doesn't make sense when people say bharti. Bhartiya is the actual word and surely no Indian would have issue with that:cheers:

ok next time i will address you both in Hindu and urdu.

some bharatiyas were even offended over calling them bharatiya :what:

could you just make the first letter capital viz. Bharatiya, make sure you spell it correctly as you spell for Pakistan(is)

I guess Bharatiya itself is urdu term used for Indians since concept of nation came after British arrived here and till than Urdu and Hindi were already mixed up (vocabulary).

Hum FM is Indian dude, its the oldest one. I commute to work, and there are just like 20 radio channels in the UAE, so I keep listening to them all. Probably remember all of their frequencies, 106.2 is hum :)

They are not bad, their RJs are often doing something fun or the other. But when it comes to cricket, there really is a problem.

Its under ARY network, incl. cool fm which they started recently. I knew it..

:what: seems you guys are divided over even word bharatiya. you are calling it a slang while i guess bharatiyas from other parts of bharat are insisting on using this word instead of urdu word.

could you just make the first letter capital viz. Bharatiya, make sure you spell it correctly as you spell for Pakistan(is)

I guess Bharatiya itself is urdu term used for Indians since concept of nation came after British arrived here and till than Urdu and Hindi were already mixed up (vocabulary).
:rofl: lolzzz you guys have so many soft nerve points.

come on you dont have time every time to press so many keys to make it capital.

in the meanwhile you can use a small letter while writing pakistanis and sooth your nerves we have no issue with that

:what: seems you guys are divided over even word bharatiya. you are calling it a slang while i guess bharatiyas from other parts of bharat are insisting on using this word instead of urdu word.

Its kinda strange especially for a guy like me from south India to be addressed as Bharatiya which is unusual . Anyway i dont take it as an offensive word, but every time i hear it , the advertisement of Bharati airtel comes to my mind and i have to re-adjust it to make me believe, no its not the airtel its me they are addressing.

Its under ARY network, incl. cool fm which they started recently. I knew it..

Yaar maanlay, its not ARY.

Perhaps your confusion is because its parent company is abbreviated as ARN - Arab Radio Network? Don't you think if it was owned by ARY, they would be a little kinder to Pakistanis?

But on an individual radio level they are also quite distinct from one another and compete a lot, so they probably have sub-companies operating independently.

correction its Hindi & urdu there are a alot of muslims who are more closer to hindi then urdu vice-versa even the translation of the Holy Qurqan is available in large numbers in hindi,hindi is a language & not a religion i am a muslim from canada & i am a non pakistani- non-indian canadian muslim & there is only 4 language that i can speak, read, write & understand ,english,french,arabic & hindi i can also speak in little bit of urdu (cant read or write) mostly mixed with hindi/punjabi & english

thats typo will correct not intentional

Its kinda strange especially for a guy like me from south India to be addressed as Bharatiya which is unusual . Anyway i dont take it as an offensive word, but every time i hear it , the advertisement of Bharati airtel comes to my mind and i have to re-adjust it to make me believe, no its not the airtel its me they are addressing.

Benny then it means you guys are yourself not united over the nationality as bharatiya even. so i cant help it :(

bharati airtel came from word Bharat na ?

You guys are complaining about Pakistanis using the official Urdu word Bharati, but praising the Arabs... They don't even use Indian... they are like "Tum hindi hai?"

And they are not being offensive either.

"Arabi" is their race and their language. Arab and Arabic are English words. In their language its just Arabi. To call Indians as "a Hindi" is instinct. To call an Indian "a Bharati" is instinct.

Geez, then I guess you guys already know Bharati is an actual word... I mean Bharati Airtel surely didn't invent it, they are saying "Indian Airtel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom