What's new

U.S. will continue to engage with Russia over Iran despite invasion of Ukraine -State Dept

Sineva

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Now in light of recent depressing events we could all certainly do with a good laugh,and as it often does,the west steps up to quite unintentionally provide us with a damn good one,

U.S. will continue to engage with Russia over Iran despite invasion of Ukraine -State Dept
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/us-will-continue-engage-with-russia-over-iran-despite-invasion-ukraine-state-2022-02-25/

WASHINGTON, Feb 25 (Reuters) - The United States will continue to engage with Russia over efforts to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons, even though Moscow's invasion of Ukraine had made it a "pariah on the world stage," State Department spokesperson Ned Price said on Friday.

Price said U.S. officials would now only engage with Russia counterparts on issues of "fundamental to our national security interest." That includes the talks to revive a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers, including Russia, Price said.

"The fact that Russia has now invaded Ukraine should not give Iran the green light to develop a nuclear weapon," Price added.

afc.jpg

After all these putin might be busy behind these scenes about pushing Iran to develop nukes. He will be very against the deal as after the deal gas wont be used as a weapon against Eu as a reaction to sanctions after Iran starts to sell gas. Alienating Russia would also be detrimental. It is easy for usa to turn putin against Iran in return for reduction of sanctions for public consumption and justification but without public support putin cant do that. Iran should approach with balance without alienating Russia but being pro nuclear deal. Iran actually doesnt need nukes for a mad deterrence concept against a small sized target nearby making there inhabitable for a long time. Eu is a trade partner and there is an opportunity to avert the looming economic crisis that is about to strike many countries after pandemic and these war issues.

Also a very low probability but putin can push and support for nuclear development in Iran but later on putin will join west and turn against Iran to lift off sanctions saying they need him. But it is low probability considering putins trustability and Irans previous stance about nuclear issue, its regional economic benefits as well as a nuclear deal as a peace initiative will increase security regionally.

Last edited:
Russia shall dump the ISS and cooperate with Iran. US shame has no limit. When they get hurt, it will wake them up.

Now all bets are off. Russia has been treated like a third world backward evil nations. They won't forget it and will now forge alliances and protect nations like Iran even helping them achieve their goals.

After all the brutal sanctions they expect Russia to cooperate, does their arrogance has any limit?
Anglosaxons have no limits in arrogancy. They think they are the owner of the whole planet today and tomorrow the whole solar system.

The nazi ideology was their genuine "invention", germany simply copied it. Nazi germany was defeated, but the true origin stayed untouched.

Now in light of recent depressing events we could all certainly do with a good laugh,and as it often does,the west steps up to quite unintentionally provide us with a damn good one,

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/us-will-continue-engage-with-russia-over-iran-despite-invasion-ukraine-state-2022-02-25/

WASHINGTON, Feb 25 (Reuters) - The United States will continue to engage with Russia over efforts to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons, even though Moscow's invasion of Ukraine had made it a "pariah on the world stage," State Department spokesperson Ned Price said on Friday.

Price said U.S. officials would now only engage with Russia counterparts on issues of "fundamental to our national security interest." That includes the talks to revive a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers, including Russia, Price said.

"The fact that Russia has now invaded Ukraine should not give Iran the green light to develop a nuclear weapon," Price added.

afc.jpg
I don't think there is a limit as the how deranged the US Federal government has become; we are all in danger from these mongoloid barrels of sewage!

After all these putin might be busy behind these scenes about pushing Iran to develop nukes. He will be very against the deal as after the deal gas wont be used as a weapon against Eu as a reaction to sanctions after Iran starts to sell gas. Alienating Russia would also be detrimental. It is easy for usa to turn putin against Iran in return for reduction of sanctions for public consumption and justification but without public support putin cant do that. Iran should approach with balance without alienating Russia but being pro nuclear deal. Iran actually doesnt need nukes for a mad deterrence concept against a small sized target nearby making there inhabitable for a long time. Eu is a trade partner and there is an opportunity to avert the looming economic crisis that is about to strike many countries after pandemic and these war issues.

Also a very low probability but putin can push and support for nuclear development in Iran but later on putin will join west and turn against Iran to lift off sanctions saying they need him. But it is low probability considering putins trustability and Irans previous stance about nuclear issue, its regional economic benefits as well as a nuclear deal as a peace initiative will increase security regionally.
What is amusing to me is that Russia is fast becoming the most isolated country in the world at the moment where Iran is about to be removed off sanctions. The tables have certainly turned.

Personally I think they are done with Putin, and he has officially "crossed the rubicon'. There is no turning back for him. The only way out is through. I think Putin also knows that if he develops close military and technical relations with Iran, including selling sensitive technology like aircraft to Iran, it will really bother the US + NATO, and at this point he probably holds a grudge.

I don't think there is a limit as the how deranged the US Federal government has become; we are all in danger from these mongoloid barrels of sewage!
The entirety of Europe has gone against them, and even FIFA has sanctioned Russia, not even Iran had it this bad.

What is amusing to me is that Russia is fast becoming the most isolated country in the world at the moment where Iran is about to be removed off sanctions. The tables have certainly turned.

Personally I think they are done with Putin, and he has officially "crossed the rubicon'. There is no turning back for him. The only way out is through.
No, it hasn't turned. Iran will remain under sanctions and the Europeans are making a lot of noise now, but at the end, their sanctions on Russia won't last for more than a year at max. The sanctions they are announcing will work just as much as their sanctions for annexing the Crimea did. Mark my words and we'll return here later.

I wish we had a feature like on reddit that we could set a reminder for posts.

Russia has too many cards to play against the West. Iran and Syria are just two of them.

Personally I think they are done with Putin, and he has officially "crossed the rubicon'. There is no turning back for him. The only way out is through.
A bipolar world is desirable. This western bs of Ttavking who they want when they want is rubbish. Look at hiw Liz Truss is asking brits to break the law and go fight in Ukraine. They are pure evil as are the Russians and Ukrainians. All one against any nation that's not white

No, it hasn't turned. Iran will remain under sanctions and the Europeans are making a lot of noise now, but at the end, their sanctions on Russia won't last for more than a year at max. The sanctions they are announcing will work just as much as their sanctions for annexing the Crimea did. Mark my words and we'll return here later.

I wish we had a feature like on reddit that we could set a reminder for posts.

Russia has too many cards to play against the West. Iran and Syria are just two of them.
I will remember your post and get back to you, if they undo the sanctions after the war lol.

Keep in mind, the damage is done, Russia cannot integrate it's economy with Europe again because it knows the damage that can be done to it. I don't think theirs going back to normal anymore.

I will remember your post and get back to you, if they undo the sanctions after the war lol.
There will be no heavy sanctions to undo them in the first place. Get back to me when half of Europe have stopped importing gas from Russia, particularly Germany.

Even this SWIFT move that they agreed to is a joke. They haven't disconnected all Russian banks from the SWIFT. They cut off Iran completely from the SWIFT over nothing but even after invading Ukraine, they are still leaving a few channels open for trading with Russia using the SWIFT.

Things will become normal much faster than people anticipate. Give Europeans some time to see the consequences of their decisions. Millions of Ukrainian refugees and oil prices approaching $150 per barrel will change their minds way faster than you think.

There will be no heavy sanctions to undo them in the first place. Get back to me when half of Europe have stopped importing gas from Russia, particularly Germany.
For now. They might get it from the US soon who used to be a net exported under Trump.

Besides that, the currency falling 40% is a massive shock

Even this SWIFT move that they agreed to is a joke. They haven't disconnected all Russian banks from the SWIFT. They cut off Iran completely from the SWIFT over nothing but even after invading Ukraine, they are still leaving a few channels open for trading with Russia using the SWIFT.
If they remove their reliance on Russian gas to American, they can disconnect the central bank later.

All putin fanboys are going to pay price after Ukraine conflict ends

From EU and other west institutions

For now. They might get it from the US soon who used to be a net exported under Trump.

Besides that, the currency falling 40% is a massive shock

If they remove their reliance on Russian gas to American, they can disconnect the central bank later.
Iran went through a similar shock as well. Did Iran collapse under pressure? Iran's currency fell by 70% - 80% in just 2 - 3 months after they cut us off and yet, 4 years later, Iran's economy is recovering slowly. What makes you think Russia will be different?

Wait for the consequences of these sanctions. How do they want to connect Europe to the US gas? It will take years.

Western countries should implement an oil embargo on Russia. North America and Saudi Arabia can pump more oil to compensate. Oil would appreciate to $150 per barrel, but that can be put with for a few years. Eventually, the Russian economy would tank enough for Putin to replaced by a democratic government that is friendly with the western countries.

No pain, no gain! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom