What's new

U.S. will continue to engage with Russia over Iran despite invasion of Ukraine -State Dept

After all the brutal sanctions they expect Russia to cooperate, does their arrogance has any limit?
They bet that Russia will use Iran as card for herself ...

Iran went through a similar shock as well. Did Iran collapse under pressure? Iran's currency fell by 70% - 80% in just 2 - 3 months after they cut us off and yet, 4 years later, Iran's economy is recovering slowly. What makes you think Russia will be different?

Wait for the consequences of these sanctions. How do they want to connect Europe to the US gas? It will take years.
Russia has better industry base and has nuclear deternace which will give them peace of mind ... we didn't have any of these ....

Now in light of recent depressing events we could all certainly do with a good laugh,and as it often does,the west steps up to quite unintentionally provide us with a damn good one,

U.S. will continue to engage with Russia over Iran despite invasion of Ukraine -State Dept
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/us-will-continue-engage-with-russia-over-iran-despite-invasion-ukraine-state-2022-02-25/

WASHINGTON, Feb 25 (Reuters) - The United States will continue to engage with Russia over efforts to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons, even though Moscow's invasion of Ukraine had made it a "pariah on the world stage," State Department spokesperson Ned Price said on Friday.

Price said U.S. officials would now only engage with Russia counterparts on issues of "fundamental to our national security interest." That includes the talks to revive a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers, including Russia, Price said.

"The fact that Russia has now invaded Ukraine should not give Iran the green light to develop a nuclear weapon," Price added.

afc.jpg

This is an illustration of how the US and its western allies are not going to decrease their focus on Iran so much, in spite of the so-called "pivot" to China and heightened tensions between them and Russia. Not only is Iran is staying true to her principled stance against NATO imperialism but more over, Iran's opposition to zionism is key in understanding statements like these from the US (whether or not Russia is actually going to heed their requests for cooperation against Iran is another matter). Zionism is just too overwhelmingly important to the US and its allies.

Last edited:
Western countries should implement an oil embargo on Russia. North America and Saudi Arabia can pump more oil to compensate. Oil would appreciate to $150 per barrel, but that can be put with for a few years. Eventually, the Russian economy would tank enough for Putin to replaced by a democratic government that is friendly with the western countries.

No pain, no gain! :cheers:
India will suffer badly. India is prevented to buy oil from Iran and Russia. Oil price goes up but China can afford to get cheap oil from both Iran and Russia. :enjoy:

Russia has better industry base and has nuclear deternace which will give them peace of mind ... we didn't have any of these ....
Indeed. A better industry base + freshwater resources + nuclear triad.

Russia is self-sufficient when it comes to feeding her citizens. We are not because we live in the Middle East. One more reason as to why Russia can survive these sanctions when Iran could weather the storm and survived. These sanctions will only make the world less safe.

India will suffer badly. India is prevented to buy oil from Iran and Russia. Oil price goes up but China can afford to get cheap oil from both Iran and Russia. :enjoy:
Like I said - No pain, no gain! Long term, a change in Russian leadership is good for the world. I guess you can call this a win win :cheers:

Like I said - No pain, no gain! Long term, a change in Russian leadership is good for the world. I guess you can call this a win win :cheers:
Don't know about Russia but change of leadership in India is for sure good for the world and humanity.

Don't know about Russia but change of leadership in India is for sure good for the world and humanity.
Hit the nail on the head my friend but if you think about it, Indian leadership is the best thing happened to Pak. Shri Modi ji has done wonders for India and I wish him best of health and a 56 inch behind. :)

That is also not a bad idea 🤠
Yes, change to a new India leader who give back south Tibet to China, Kashmir back to Pakistan. Promote equality between Hindu and Muslim. Denounced caste system. :enjoy:

Yes, change to a new India leader who give back south Tibet to China, Kashmir back to Pakistan. Promote equality between Hindu and Muslim. Denounced caste system. :enjoy:
Good wishlist. Will happen right after Russia makes peace with the Western world :bounce:

Western countries should implement an oil embargo on Russia. North America and Saudi Arabia can pump more oil to compensate. Oil would appreciate to $150 per barrel, but that can be put with for a few years. Eventually, the Russian economy would tank enough for Putin to replaced by a democratic government that is friendly with the western countries.

Rising oil prices will only make Russia's economy prosperous, especially at a high level like $150.
On the contrary, high oil prices will hit the economies of China, USA, Europe, India and other countries. The situation in China is not the worst. China and Russia, Iran, Venezuela and other countries have signed fixed price oil supply contracts of more than trillion US dollars, and about 40% of the oil supply will not be affected by price fluctuations. USA can produce its own shale oil and tight oil, and only the price of imported medium crude oil will be affected. Countries such as Europe and India will be hit hard.

Europe cannot give up Russia's energy, but because of sanctions, they will be forced to use CNY and gold to pay for energy. China's market and production capacity will protect Russia's economy from collapse. Oil prices will push the world towards more severe inflation.

Your pain, my gain! :)

Rising oil prices will only make Russia's economy prosperous, especially at a high level like $150.
On the contrary, high oil prices will hit the economies of China, USA, Europe, India and other countries. The situation in China is not the worst. China and Russia, Iran, Venezuela and other countries have signed fixed price oil supply contracts of more than trillion US dollars, and about 40% of the oil supply will not be affected by price fluctuations. USA can produce its own shale oil and tight oil, and only the price of imported medium crude oil will be affected. Countries such as Europe and India will be hit hard.

Europe cannot give up Russia's energy, but because of sanctions, they will be forced to use CNY and gold to pay for energy. China's market and production capacity will protect Russia's economy from collapse. Oil prices will push the world towards more severe inflation.
Oil embargo will deny Russia western market access. I don't see Russia finding alternative so easily. Long term benefits of toppling Putin has a lot of strategic benefit for both Europe and India. Europe for instance does not have to worry about security and spend 2% on defence. Canada, US and Middle East can pump more if uncle Sam would ask for it :agree:

Your pain, my gain! :)
Your short term gains bother me none. A democratic and pro western Russia is a real prize :dance3:

Oil embargo will deny Russia western market access. I don't see Russia finding alternative so easily. Long term benefits of toppling Putin has a lot of strategic benefit for both Europe and India. Europe for instance does not have to worry about security and spend 2% on defence. Canada, US and Middle East can pump more if uncle Sam would ask for it :agree:

Your short term gains bother me none. A democratic and pro western Russia is a real prize :dance3:

You may not know that China is the world's largest oil importer and largest oil consumer. Before the outbreak of the war in Ukraine, Russia had signed nearly trillion US dollars of oil contracts with China. There are also hundreds of billions of natural gas and wheat contracts. These contracts stipulate that Russia will sell oil and natural gas to China at a fixed price, so no matter whether the oil price rises or falls in the future, the energy income and expenditure of the two countries are determined.

Back
Top Bottom