What's new

U.S. to issue new Iran sanctions, opening shot in get-tough strategy: sources

you mean Iran should be nice to daddy USA, right?
should me submissive like a dog to his owner, right?
give daddy USA your oilfields, access to all your nuclear sites, give up your missile programm..to please daddy USA, right?
so he can f... you in the a.. when its time....
fire should be fought with fire!
I don't think thats gonna solve the problem...

Fire should be fought with water. (so you can win)

I don't think firing another missile would ease tensions....

No, but it would show Trump the resolve of Iran. But I'm guessing that the US is going ahead with a psy-op in Iran just like Syria. Watch out for people coming out if the wet works calling for drastic reform and armed uprising (CIA surrogates and moles of the various alphabet soup agencies). US's biggest weapon here is the Iranian people.

Like I said. These sanctions are weak.

US slaps new sanctions on Iran over missile test

Trump administration issues fresh sanctions against 13 Iranians and 12 entities as Washington-Tehran tensions simmer.

In a statement on its website on Friday, the US Treasury added 13 Iranian individuals and 12 entities, some of which are based in Lebanon, the United Arab Emirates and China.

US puts Iran 'on notice' after missile test confirmation

"Iran's continued support for terrorism and development of its ballistic missile program poses a threat to the region, to our partners worldwide, and to the United States," said John Smith, acting director of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control.

Among those sanctioned on Friday were companies, individuals, and brokers the US Treasury said support a trade network run by an Iranian businessman, Abdollah Asgharzadeh.

Treasury said he supported Shahid Hemmat Industrial Group, which the US has said is a subsidiary of an Iranian entity that runs Iran's ballistic missile programme.

Treasury also sanctioned what it said was a Lebanon-based network run by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, the elite military body that is also powerful in Iranian politics and the economy.

Al Jazeera's Kimberly Halkett, reporting from Washington, DC, said the sanctions had the backing of some US Senators and Congress members.

"They support the strong stance. The Senators sent a letter to the White House saying that they wanted to see these new sanctions and that's what we are seeing," she said.

"The US is trying to hold Iran accountable using all of the available tools, including financial sanctions. Certainly, we're seeing a major upping of the rhetoric from the White House, now followed by some of those tools being applied."

READ MORE: Iran's missiles - How big a threat to regional rivals?

Hours earlier, US President Donald Trump said Iran was "playing with fire" after Tehran dismissed his warnings over its latest missile test as unfounded and provocative.

In another early morning post on Twitter, Trump said his administration would not be as "kind" to Iran as the government of his predecessor, Barack Obama.

"Iran is playing with fire - they don't appreciate how 'kind' President Obama was to them. Not me!"

The comment appeared to prompt a quick response from Mohammad Javad Zarif, Iran's foreign minister.

"Iran unmoved by threats as we derive security from our people. Will never initiate war, but we can only rely on our own means of defence," Zarif wrote also on Twitter.

Al Jazeera's Patty Culhane, reporting from Washington DC, said: "The big question is: How will Iran respond? Do they see the sanctions as a violation of the Iran nuclear agreement? That is going to be the key question," she said.

Also on Friday, Iran said it had barred a US wrestling team from participating in the Freestyle World Cup competition in retaliation for an executive order by Trump banning visas for Iranians, Iran's state television reported.

'Baseless, repetitive and provocative'
On Wednesday, National Security Adviser Michael Flynn insisted the missile test was in defiance of UN Security Council Resolution 2231, which calls on Iran not to test missiles capable of delivering a nuclear weapon.

Bahram Ghasemi, Iran's foreign ministry spokesman, on Thursday called the claims "baseless, repetitive and provocative".

Iran has confirmed that it had tested a ballistic missile, but denied that it violated the terms of the nuclear deal.

Tehran said its missiles did not breach UN resolutions because they were for defence purposes only and were not designed to carry nuclear warheads.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/02/slaps-sanctions-iran-missile-test-170203154253182.html

Amir don't fool yourself , when you put together some of these weak sanctions ( as you try too show them ) the result will be disaster

به جای توجیح کردن ، بهتره جوابشون داده بشه

Its been 2 weeks since trump took over the throne in US regime and the possibility of a war is skyrocketing.

We're psychologically ready for a war, are they too?
Believe me bro, they have bigger problems inside. Did you see Berkeley University Riot? The news we see from US theses days are so absurd that if they don't mention which country they are showing, you would think of those unstable south American countries.

He is doing this for two reasons:

1- Because he said so during his campaign.
2- It's his nature. Did you hear he hung up on Australian PM??!

And if he really likes too put sanctions on Iran, let's see if he says anything about the Boeing deal. I still have not heard a single word and there won't be because it goes against his biggest promise of bringing jobs back to US.

Any chance we can get a translation?
You better not. :lol: That's a very biased view towards the reformists.

After all you need to know Persian to get the humor in that sentence.

They look weak. Mostly targeting the ballistic missile program, which is hilarious since it is completely indigenous.

Rubio, Young, Cornyn, Introduce Iran Non-Nuclear Sanctions Act
JAN 24 2017
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL), Todd Young (R-IN) and John Cornyn (R-TX) today reintroduced the Iran Non-nuclear Sanctions Act, legislation that would impose harsh financial and economic sanctions countering Iran’s non-nuclear provocations, including its ballistic missile violations, human rights abuses and support for international terrorism.

“After years of unilateral concessions and flexibility by the previous administration, it’s time for the United States to push back against Iran’s support for terrorism, the regime’s menacing ballistic missile activities and its egregious human rights violations,” said Rubio. “I look forward to working with the new administration to hold Iran fully accountable for both its nonnuclear and nuclear threats.”

“Iran remains a preeminent threat due to its continued support for terrorism and its aggressive development of ballistic missiles that threaten our allies, forward deployed troops, and eventually our homeland,” said Young. “This legislation would impose real consequences on Iran and make clear that the days when Tehran’s terrorist and ballistic missile activities elicited little more from Washington than a strong statement and a slap on the wrist are gone.”

“Iran remains the world’s foremost state sponsor of terror and the biggest destabilizing force in the Middle East, despite the lopsided deal struck by the former Administration,” said Cornyn. “It’s time Congress and our new President impose real economic consequences for Iran’s actions to make clear that the United States vehemently opposes Iran’s human rights abuses, terrorist activities around the world, and pursuit of ballistic missile capabilities.”

Rubio and Cornyn, along with then-Senators Mark Kirk (R-IL) and Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), first introduced the bill in December 2016.

The Iran Non-Nuclear Sanctions Act would:

• Impose new sanctions against Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and Mahan Air, an Iranian airline that has helped the IRGC to spread terrorism and militancy;
  • Create a new Treasury Department watchlist for entities in which the IRGC has an ownership interest of less than 25 percent;
  • Expand current sanctions and imposes new sanctions against Iran for its egregious human rights abuses, while also mandating full transparency to Congress on all American citizens detained or kidnapped by Iran and U.S. government efforts to free them;
  • Impose new sanctions against persons that knowingly aid Iran’s ballistic missile program;
  • Mandate new sanctions against entities owned 25 percent or greater or controlled by Iran’s key ballistic missile organizations, including the Aerospace Industries Organization, the Shahid Hemmat Industrial Group, or the Shahid Bakeri Industrial Group;
  • Require a presidential certification that persons listed in U.N. Security Council Resolutions are not engaged in activities related to ballistic missiles and requires the imposition of sanctions if that certification cannot be made;
  • Impose sanctions on persons involved in sectors of Iran’s economy that support, directly or indirectly, Iran’s ballistic program; and
  • Codify current prohibitions against Iran’s direct and indirect access to the U.S. financial system, while also streamlining and strengthening the requirements for the president to remove Iran or any other country from the state sponsors of terrorism list.
It is just a show. I only start to worry if they say anything about the Boeing deal.

Amir don't fool yourself , when you put together some of these weak sanctions ( as you try too show them ) the result will be disaster

به جای توجیح کردن ، بهتره جوابشون داده بشه

The only way to get Murika off your back and never dare to bother you ever again is to just build NUKES and test one for them to see. That's the only language the Americans understand and FEAR . They should seriously run couple of thousands of IR-8 under some mountain as we speek

The only way to get Murika off your back and never dare to bother you ever again is to just build NUKES and test one for them to see. That's the only language the Americans understand and FEAR . They should seriously run couple of thousands of IR-8 under some mountain as we speek
Trump will be remembered as the person who will hand Iran its nuclear weapon if he continues like this.

But it is still not time. It should get to a point that when a nuclear test was performed in Iran's central deserts, whole world approve and say Iran had no other choice in the face of such a bully.

Trump will be remembered as the person who will hand Iran its nuclear weapon if he continues like this.

But it is still not time. It should get to a point that when a nuclear test was performed in Iran's central deserts, whole world approve and say Iran had no other choice in the face of such a bully.

TBH, the time to build the nukes are right now ( at least secretly) and wait for the right moment to slap into their face. The orange orangutan that's currently occupying the White House is an erratic and unstable person. You can't trust that orange fcuk face even with a plastic knife.

TBH, the time to build the nukes are right now ( at least secretly) and wait for the right moment to slap into their face. The orange orangutan that's currently occupying the White House is an erratic and unstable person. You can't trust that orange fcuk face even with a plastic knife.

This is my very very very personal opinion. But I think Iran has prepared itself for the worst many years ago. Whole world will be shocked when Trump makes a wrong move.

This is my very very very personal opinion. But I think Iran has prepared itself for the worst many years ago. Whole world will be shocked when Trump makes a wrong move.

That's the hope. I don't want war either, especially a completely useless one.

That's also my line of thinking as well. If you're constantly being called by derogatory names you might as well cut the cord and go for it. enough dancing around the matter. I really would love to know what percentage of population within Iran would support building nukes? I bet trump is only boosting that sentiment with his actions.

That's the hope. I don't want war either, especially a completely useless one.

Don't worry as soon as the Americans see the Iranian made mushrooms clouds they would never even think about military action. The best living example is North Korea, you see the Americans don't dare to make too much noise about them knowing that they're armed with nukes. As matter of fact the only countries the US doesn't interfere in them are the ones armed with nukes, the rest is a fair game to them!!

Don't worry as soon as the Americans see the Iranian made mushrooms clouds they would never even think about military action. The best living example is North Korea, you see the Americans don't dare to make too much noise about them knowing that they're armed with nukes. As matter of fact the only countries the US doesn't interfere in them are the ones armed with nukes, the rest is a fair game to them!!

I've been saying this for a while too.

America doesn't have the guts to invade a country that can actually hit back (against the American Mainland in particular).

See how they run around crying their heads off about an undeveloped country like North Korea.

America only likes to fight when the other side can't fight back. It's like an adult (superpower) who only has the guts to fight against a baby. When a toddler comes along (undeveloped country like North Korea) the USA runs away crying.

Back
Top Bottom