What's new

U.S. soldiers, the Chinese soldiers

Many foreigners think that they know the Chinese, in fact, often find that it is wrong, you add an example. Only this time, I do not explain why. You want to know what is wrong, you go to learn.

Actually he is referring to Chinaownseverything's ridiculous claim of China having mandatory military training for most of the eligible males. Even the one month of mandatory military training for all the college freshmen should not be considered as military training at all in my opinion. Go through everything before you start accusing someone. It does not reflect well on yourself and the credibility of your post.

Actually he is referring to Chinaownseverything's ridiculous claim of China having mandatory military training for most of the eligible males. Even the one month of mandatory military training for all the college freshmen should not be considered as military training at all in my opinion. Go through everything before you start accusing someone. It does not reflect well on yourself and the credibility of your post.

I said that he sided understanding of China's military service system, you misunderstood.

I said that he sided understanding of China's military service system, you misunderstood.

Read what Chinaownseverything said then read what gambit said.

Not many people Know this but the PLA has mandatory training for most of its eligible males. So out of probably 400 million recruits. Only 1 million of them will be chosen to serve in the PLA.

The USA on the otherhand takes any soldier that wants to sign up.

The soldier of the PLA is higher quality because they are much more selective and China has a large population.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The US military does not accept any Joe that waltzed into a recruiter's office. And you contradicted yourself. If China has compulsory military service, then how can the Chinese military be 'selective' since compulsory mean the Chinese military must accept every male the day he become eligible.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The US military does not accept any Joe that waltzed into a recruiter's office. And you contradicted yourself. If China has compulsory military service, then how can the Chinese military be 'selective' since compulsory mean the Chinese military must accept every male the day he become eligible.

He said "mandatory military training", which was different than "compulsory military service" mentioned by you. To bring you two onto the same wavelength, what he meant by the "mandatory military training" was one month training in summer before starting 1st year University course, however China DOES have a "selective conscription system", though it is not enforced, which was why he said "selective"; whereas in your mind, "compulsory military service" must have been equivalent to a couple of years military service in the armed forces, which was not what he meant.

He said "mandatory military training", which was different than "compulsory military service" mentioned by you. To bring you two onto the same wavelength, what he meant by the "mandatory military training" was one month training in summer before starting 1st year University course, however China DOES have a "selective conscription system", though it is not enforced, which was why he said "selective"; whereas in your mind, "compulsory military service" must have been equivalent to a couple of years military service in the armed forces, which was not what he meant.

I don't think somehow one month military training for college freshmen is what Chinaownseverything had in mind, he can only answer that.

Anyways, one month military training should be counted as military training at all, besides it is only eligible to college freshmen. If it is anything it is more like a one month picnic rather than military training.

I do not think there are problems, you also do not know the actual situation of China's draft?

Of course I know the recruiting policy of China. I am just pointing out it was Chinaownseverythingn who claimed that China has 400 million people having military training and how gambit was ridiculing his logic.

If you read any of Chinaownseverythings's other posts, you will understand.

Aaahhh...Yes...The semantic 'tap dancing' begins.

But even if we grant that China select only a percentage out of a eligible pool, how does this automatically make these selected few inherently superior to US soldiers? An eligibility pool is always available, in the US or China or Spain or Italy or wherever. Conscription is the wholesale engagement of that pool. The difference here is 'enforcement' versus 'recruitment'. Selective 'enforcement' of that eligible pool in China is really no different than selective 'recruitment' of an eligible pool in the US. What really matter is the overall quality of that eligible pool because it came from the various strata of that society.

If we apply the same standards to both societies and if one society has a much greater amount to either selectively conscript or selectively recruit, then we can argue that one society has a greater number of X-quality members. Not necessarily higher quality but only higher amount of the X-quality. So in order for the argument that Chinese soldiers are somehow of a higher caliber than US soldiers to be valid, there must be an agreed upon set of standards that is applicable to both societies.

Of course I know the recruiting policy of China. I am just pointing out it was Chinaownseverythingn who claimed that China has 400 million people having military training and how gambit was ridiculing his logic.

If you read any of Chinaownseverythings's other posts, you will understand.

Not a "policy" but the reality, here are different.

I think this thread topic was initiated with blatant yet interesting propaganda material. But there is an underscored message that still beckons for a rebuttal: China takes care of her business at home while the U.S. squanders her time abroad. It is a simple and effective message even if labeled as propaganda. All sides use it.

I think this thread topic was initiated with blatant yet interesting propaganda material. But there is an underscored message that still beckons for a rebuttal: China takes care of her business at home while the U.S. squanders her time abroad. It is a simple and effective message even if labeled as propaganda. All sides use it.
I call it worthwhile investments. And as if China is not doing today...

Not a "policy" but the reality, here are different.

The reality is that the overall qualities of US and China's recruitment are the more or less the same.

If there is any difference or difference it makes then it is the quality of officers' corps in the army. US has the ROTC(Reserve Officers' Training Corps) program in almost all its 5000 colleges, where as in China it only has limited number of military academies that can produce qualified officers.

I call it worthwhile investments. And as if China is not doing today...

China has its way, we certainly are different from US. The United States used the military to control the world get a lot of interest, however, sometimes "investment" is a huge risk. This is the reason for China's military thinking as much as possible to avoid war. Power requires a strong force, but it is not the same with the indiscriminate use of force. War is a dangerous thing, not a game. Sometimes, war is indeed inevitable, but this does not mean to launch an unnecessary war because of greed. In the modern world, trade is an adequate way, China does not need to rely on war, the war only to defend core interests, in any case, that possibility is very small. Friendly exchanges also give the Chinese a way to bring a lot of interest. It is a right way.So, investment is needed insight and control of desire.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom