What's new

U.S. May Allow India to Join JSF Effort

Mmrca is supposed to be operational till 2040.By 2025 all major powers will be having 5th gen fighters.No 4+gen aircraft in mrca will be able to stand a chance against 5th gen fighters like j20 or f35.Why the hell are we still wanting to go for 4+ gen mmrca to be operated till 2040?In my openion we should scrap mmrca and join jsf instead.

There can be two possible reasons for this invitation:-
1)They view India as a nation with immense growth potential and a natural democratic ally of the U.S and want to treat us like how they treat Britain/Turkey/Australia etc.
AND
2)They are seriously thinking of getting more orders for this costly piece of engineering!
For arguments' sake let's consider the first option!!! LOL

Mmrca is supposed to be operational till 2040.By 2025 all major powers will be having 5th gen fighters.No 4+gen aircraft in mrca will be able to stand a chance against 5th gen fighters like j20 or f35.Why the hell are we still wanting to go for 4+ gen mmrca to be operated till 2040?In my openion we should scrap mmrca and join jsf instead.

do we think that coming next decade world won't be able to develope a tech to detect these 5th gen aircrafts.../

Naval Version may be a good replacement coz i don't think there are any serious plans for a fifth gen naval aircraft.

USAF:tup: will have F 16's operational till 2035 & B 52's & A10C till 2030.

There can be two possible reasons for this invitation:-
1)They view India as a nation with immense growth potential and a natural democratic ally of the U.S and want to treat us like how they treat Britain/Turkey/Australia etc.
AND
2)They are seriously thinking of getting more orders for this costly piece of engineering!
For arguments' sake let's consider the first option!!! LOL

and how do america treat them.there is a thread running about the denial of f16 spares to turkey.

India won't be able to contribute anything to the program as most of the development is already completed, but India could purchase a significant amount. If you include the Air force along with the Navy India could have the largest F-35 fleet outside the US. But then again maintaining 3 5-Gen fighters is going to be a nightmare (assuming the AMCA works out). India's Navy is going to need a 5-gen fighter as PAK-FA is way to big for Indian Carriers at this point.

India won't be able to contribute anything to the program as most of the development is already completed, but India could purchase a significant amount. If you include the Air force along with the Navy India could have the largest F-35 fleet outside the US. But then again maintaining 3 5-Gen fighters is going to be a nightmare (assuming the AMCA works out). India's Navy is going to need a 5-gen fighter as PAK-FA is way to big for Indian Carriers at this point.

Frankly i dont see IAF ordering F35 , unless AMCA is delayed beyond 2030 and IAF decides that it would need another aircraft to replace 110 odd Mirage 2000 and Jaguar Darin III which will stay in service till 2030

IAF Su30MKI will begin retiring in 2035 , While mmrca will remain in service till 2050
While India has projected a requirement of 500 Fifth Gen Fighters
Out of which 250-300 will comprise of PAKFA/FGFA ,rest could be AMCA or F35A if AMCA is delayed

I can only see navy acquiring F35C in near future
that too becoz it will be last naval fighter purchase for atleast 20 yrs
However Naval order is not expected to be more than 40-50 Aircraft , with deliveries beginning by 2018
Navy could place a follow on order however it will depend on whether or not GOI approves the IAC3
Thats coz govt has till now only approved 3 AC comprising Vikramaditya , Vikrant , IAC2

how the hell is india going to integrate 3 fifth gen fighters from totally different platforms effectively?! Seriously, decide on one thing and stick to it !

stay away from US,cant trust those guys...

They sent a nuclear aircraft carrier to help Pakistan in 1971.....

There should be no American fighter jets in IAF or IN...

India won't be able to contribute anything to the program as most of the development is already completed, but India could purchase a significant amount.
We don't have the capability to contribute to a fifth gen fighter project right now. If we would be part of JSF project, then our contribution will be only monetarily.

how the hell is india going to integrate 3 fifth gen fighters from totally different platforms effectively?! Seriously, decide on one thing and stick to it !
Good point...

I can only see navy acquiring F35C in near future
that too becoz it will be last naval fighter purchase for atleast 20 yrs
There will be naval version of AMCA and navy is paying for the development also.

So you are saying that whatever China has developed so far (Aircrafts) are not of there own design & development but stolen one from different countries?

No no my friend, I am letting you know that how honest you guys are!!! lol

tauba raham .. kuchh bhi kharid lo yaaro , magar is kisse ko band karo :hitwall:

The developement seems expected.
I cant comment completely on the financial aspects of it..
apart from the fact that some of the JSF's initial inverstors have decided to hold back on the program..and it is facing more and more opposition, especially the B version. So ..bring in an ambitious giant into the picture..and voila..there is the cash.

The political aspect of it(wholly secondary in my view).. would be to check the Chinese ...The PAK-FA.. is happeneing.. whether the Americans like it or not.
it is independant of the any other acquizition in my view.

Back
Top Bottom