What's new

U.S is ready and willing to mediate between ‘raging’ border dispute between China & India

"Raging border dispute"

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm ............. not a sound out of Delhi!

2-I-want-Pin-drop-silence.jpg

Surgical this, surgical that, cold start, hot start, fart start is only for enemies 7 times smaller and even better if you can get few millions Banglas to join you.

tODFa6K.png

Mediate what, the way they fight it seems to me both lack even basic infrastructure at there border to actually engage.
Plus those silly banner and random fist fight here and there. No wonder their army chief said, "india will take on China and Pakistan at ones", because from the looks of it india's northern front only need is giant banners apparently.

Oh beautiful. This is truly a lockdown that keeps on giving.

I look forward to Jayshankar and friends sternly rejecting this offer, since it is either (a) India's internal matter or (b) a bilateral issue between China and India.

If India accepts this offer of mediation, then where does the Delhi clown factory stand on its rejection of previous mediation efforts on another certain border dispute that shall remain unnamed?

God bless America.
The offer by Trump to both India and China to mediate is more a slap to China than to India- US had also offered something similar to both Pak and Ind as well- USA just showing China that they are trying to punch above their weight class in world politics- What a shame to China- (Next the offer will be extended to Taiwan and China as well).

Yes!- God Bless the United states of America!

The offer by Trump to both India and China to mediate is more a slap to China than to India- US had also offered something similar to both Pak and Ind as well- USA just showing China that they are trying to punch above their weight class in world politics- What a shame to China- (Next the offer will be extended to Taiwan and China as well).

Yes!- God Bless the United states of America!
So is USA by your assessment always slapping India's rivals when such offers are made? Why would India be so resistant to USA mediation vis a vis Pakistan in that case whilst being so far silent on (but potentially will welcome) USA mediation vis a vis China?

There is a disconnect between either Trump and India or the whole USA deep state and India in terms of respective strategic objectives. Trump is not actually helping India by publicly offering to mediate in a "raging" crisis that India tried so hard to sweep under the carpet hitherto. Surely Modi would have commented on this "raging" crisis by now if it truly were as such.

Pakistan and China may well be saying "God bless America" for compounding Modi's dilemma, yet I see no reason why India would feel pleased about Trump's comments. They do zero damage to China and embarrass India. You - as an American - may also believe Trump has done well here, depending on what your interpretation of American interests in the region truly are.

So is USA by your assessment always slapping India's rivals when such offers are made? Why would India be so resistant to USA mediation vis a vis Pakistan in that case whilst being so far silent on (but potentially will welcome) USA mediation vis a vis China?

There is a disconnect between either Trump and India or the whole USA deep state and India in terms of respective strategic objectives. Trump is not actually helping India by publicly offering to mediate in a "raging" crisis that India tried so hard to sweep under the carpet hitherto. Surely Modi would have commented on this "raging" crisis by now if it truly were as such.

Pakistan and China may well be saying "God bless America" for compounding Modi's dilemma, yet I see no reason why India would feel pleased about Trump's comments. They do zero damage to China and embarrass India. You - as an American - may also believe Trump has done well here, depending on what your interpretation of American interests in the region truly are.
Its bilateral- and yes-Trump has offered in the past and his offer was rejected (Ind-Pak). Same was offered here as well- I was only trying to bring your hypocrisy out in the open-Its a shame to India and not to China if Trump offered to mediate?- Wah bahai Wah- PDF logic at its best.

Its bilateral- and yes-Trump has offered in the past and his offer was rejected (Ind-Pak). Same was offered here as well- I was only trying to bring your hypocrisy out in the open-Its a shame to India and not to China if Trump offered to mediate?- Wah bahai Wah- PDF logic at its best.
Yaar listen, India is USA's ally. China is USA's rival. Factor this into your analysis please.

USA is expected to sabotage China geopolitically whenever possible (whether an offer to mediate that will simply be swatted away by PRC is in fact sabotage is debatable - China may be emboldened by that). However, assuming the offer to mediate a raging dispute is embarrassing to Modi (which I believe it is), then why would Trump and/or the US deep state place Modi in this position. If Modi rejects the mediation, it's harder to eject China or build an anti-China narrative. If Modi accepts, he admits India's weakness and to a degree hypocrisy re: Kashmir. EITHER WAY, Modi now has to admit it is a "raging" crisis by secondary agreement. Indians will ask why he didn't say so already.

Hence I asked you originally, has Trump gone rogue here, or is there a deeper nexus at work on Capitol Hill?

Mera PDF meri Marzi
Superb. You just won pdf.

India and China are 2 mature countries- They will deescalate by themselves, bilaterally.
...and if they don't.

What's your backup response? China is at fault!
The offer by Trump to both India and China to mediate is more a slap to China than to India- US had also offered something similar to both Pak and Ind as well- USA just showing China that they are trying to punch above their weight class in world politics- What a shame to China.
Riiiiiiight.

Past - Trump attempts to mediate between India & Pakistan = slap to Pakistan than to India.

Present - Trump attempts to mediate between India & China = slap to China than to India.

Yeah..., you're definitely an India.
Wah bahai Wah- PDF logic at its best.
Wah-bay-Wah! - Tumhari logic..., tum he samjho.

Yaar listen, India is USA's ally. China is USA's rival. Factor this into your analysis please.

USA is expected to sabotage China geopolitically whenever possible (whether an offer to mediate that will simply be swatted away by PRC is in fact sabotage is debatable - China may be emboldened by that). However, assuming the offer to mediate a raging dispute is embarrassing to Modi (which I believe it is), then why would Trump and/or the US deep state place Modi in this position. If Modi rejects the mediation, it's harder to eject China or build an anti-China narrative. If Modi accepts, he admits India's weakness and to a degree hypocrisy re: Kashmir. EITHER WAY, Modi now has to admit it is a "raging" crisis by secondary agreement. Indians will ask why he didn't say so already.

Hence I asked you originally, has Trump gone rogue here, or is there a deeper nexus at work on Capitol Hill?

Trump is being Trump- He is letting China know that they can involve themselves be it in respect to India and China or China and Taiwan.

..and if they don't.

What's your backup response? China is at fault!
Can only go by previous times that led to deescalation- I dont want to speculate what if!

Riiiiiiight.

Past - Trump attempts to mediate between India & Pakistan = slap to Pakistan than to India.

Present - Trump attempts to mediate between India & China = slap to China than to India.

Yeah..., you're definitely an India.

Its Pakistanis here who are saying its a slap on India!- All I am saying is why cant it be taken as slap on China as per your logic then-Thats all. Yes I am of Indian origin.

Wah-bay-Wah! - Tumhari logic..., tum he samjho.
Better than PDF logic - no?

Back
Top Bottom