What's new

U.S.: India prepared for strike on Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes heading of to the nearest prison in shame.

You are another piece of gem.

First explain why Zardari is attacking the LET then bother ripping UK up.

Regards

Gem : So I am a ruby or diamond ! Thank you, Sir.

Ripping UK, no I thought he was ripping you apart ! Who said you were English ? Another joke of the day ? haha:azn:

Last edited:
We all know India was seriously planning attacks, but actually carrying them out is a different story.
They would be pretty damn stupid (no offense), to engage in war over these bombings.

PK II .. why have your forgotten in year 2001 / 2002 ! Even that time India was claiming otherwise but it's army was moving for a war (of course with the support of the politicians) but due to US pressure with satellite pictures .. the politicians had to move their top notch General (what a morale booster !)

BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | Analysis: US keeps South Asian peace

Analysis: US keeps South Asian peace

India has sent thousands of troops to the border

By Abdul Gafoor Noorani
Indian writer on Kashmir

The US has been decisive in maintaining peace in South Asia since the attack on India's parliament on 13 December.

The US simply cannot allow a war to break out between the two nuclear armed states, least of all now

India responded by amassing 700,000 troops along the LoC and the international border to back its demands.

One of these was that action be taken against two Pakistan-based militant groups, Lashkar-e-Toiba and Jaish-e-Mohammad.

India wanted their offices in Pakistan closed, their access to funds cut and their leaders arrested.

Indians blame Pakistan for the latest attack

Over time Pakistan complied substantially with these demands.

But on 31 December, India sent another demand for the surrender of 20 alleged terrorists.

The US effort since then has been to secure a compromise on these demands through high-power diplomacy.

Intensive diplomacy

These have included intercessions by President George W Bush himself with Indian Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee and Pakistani President General Pervez Musharraf.

On 23 December, President Bush said he had talked to both the leaders on the phone.

Musharraf has been told to curb militants

"I urged President Musharraf to do everything he could to crack down on the terrorist network," Mr Bush said.

"I explained to the prime minister of India that while I understood his anger, I was hoping that they were not headed for war."

These messages were repeated and fleshed out by US Secretary of State Colin Powell when he visited India and Pakistan in January.

His visit was followed immediately with one by US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld that month, and another by Ms Rocca herself in April.

US ambassadors in Delhi and Islamabad were all the while actively at work pressing the message on both sides.

War 'not an option'

But the US role was not confined to diplomacy alone.

Using satellites, it has also kept a close vigil on the border and the LoC.

Lt General Kapil Vij, commanding the elite strike 2 Corps, was removed and sent on leave for moving his troops forward to within two kilometres of the international border.
The US also gave India detailed advice on how the forces, though massed on the border and the LoC, could nonetheless be in a non-threatening posture.

Colin Powell used his expertise and the respect he commands to advise that combat aircraft be positioned without being armed with bombs and missiles all the time.

It is clear that the US role in Indo-Pakistani affairs will deepen in the days ahead.

The US simply cannot allow a war to break out between the two nuclear armed states, least of all now.

So I am a ruby ! Thank you.

Ripping UK ! Who said you were English ? Another joke of the day ? haha:azn:

More like a hinjew troll disguised as a brit. :lol:

Bezerk : Thanks man ... Tired of repeated sit comms ! At least we get a couple of laughs due to his posts in this hard economic times !

We all know India was seriously planning attacks, but actually carrying them out is a different story.
They would be pretty damn stupid (no offense), to engage in war over these bombings.
All these plans and media gossips are just to increase tensions between both sides.
Planning strikes into Pakistan is no small thing, infact, it is a huge insult towards Pakistan and their sovereignty.
And the Indians know damn well that with these attacks, they would want the war they've been longering for, and that's a war they will get, and regret, if they do something stupid.

I'm pretty sure the international community would seriously condemn any attack coming from Indian soil, and perhaps put it under some sort of sanctions, anyhow, it is fair to say that this would have serious consequenses for the Indians, consequenses coming from Pakistan, and also from the rest of the world.
Because the Indians usually think that the world is on their side in all matters, that's just because of the amount of media attention they get.

Now on another note, I fail to understand, why do some people still believe that Pakistan will be the one to fall to its knees, if both countries were to fight eachother?
I mean, every Pakistani, or atleast most of us, are realistic.
We know we're outnumbered, we know India is larger then our country is, we know India has always been favored more around the world (especially by the west) then Pakistan since the splitup of Pakistan and India decades ago.
We are fully capable of understanding the situation, especially our Government and our Armed forces.
We simply cannot afford to START a war or to invade India, why? because we just can't.
Pakistans role is to defend itself, we've always been outnumbered, and we've always had to live under international pressure and stereotypes.
However, this does NOT mean Pakistan will NOT respond to any Indian threat.

India on the other hand might have the capability to go to war, war with any country no doubt, because this is what they've been trying to express the last few years, and especially now with these bombings.
They want to send out a clear message that they are the upcoming new superpower, India is flexing its muscles, their economy keeps growing and becomes bigger, but can their economy endure a war with their neighbour Pakistan?
The Indians seem to think so, infact, being ruled by the British, serving under them, hasn't taught or changed their mentality one bit.
Now they're adapting the same strategies as the Brits used to do during the colonial times, and their threats to go to war kinda resembles this war-hungry and dominant direction India is heading towards

It's a wrong direction, and India is sending out the wrong signal, especially towards Pakistan.
Remember when the U.S. was an upcoming superpower?
How many wars haven't occured because of the need to flex their muscles and show the world that they have a prominent role when it comes to world politics.
However, the Indians have a very, VERY LONG way to go if they want to realize their dream of a flourishing Indian nation who dominates the world politics along with other huge powers.
So, let me put it this way:

Either both India and Pakistan will go down, or neither of us will.
Because this fairytale of Pakistan being crumbled into pieces is a tale that will never see daylight.
Pakistan is fully capable of defending itself, never underestimate your enemy.
Nobody knows what may happen during wartime, unless the odds are totally in favor of India, which they are not.
India, please wake up out of this dreamworld.
Your government is playing a VERY dangerous game, and your country will suffer serious consequenses IF India wishes to carry out any attacks.
These threats are baseless and cowardly, and will most likely never be carried out, because the people who control the politics in India know pretty well, unlike the average Indian people, that going to war is not an option, and will have deadly consequenses for the south east asian region.

PK ll jkool i agree with u they should think about peace not war cuz it would be a major mistake on India's part we have never been cowards nor are we now or ever its so crazy and shameful while our leadership is calling for peace and calling for working towards the fight against terror together the Indian gov and people are wanting war the fight against terroist is the ansawer not a war with Pakistan wat is India thinking so many will die so much will be destroyed on both sides the region will be upside down shame on India!!!!!! if they dont want peace ! :angry: :tsk: :tdown:

PK II .. why have your forgotten in year 2001 / 2002 ! Even that time India was claiming otherwise but it's army was moving for a war (of course with the support of the politicians) but due to US pressure with satellite pictures .. the politicians had to move their top notch General (what a morale booster !)

Must7, ofcourse i haven't forgot about that.
But then this would mean India is not a real democracy, because their army is doing this and their government wants that.
They're all the same I guess.

2001/2002 was a heated standoff between both countries, but nobody would really dare to cross the line.
Both countries are smart enough not to be pushed over the line.

By the way, perhaps you should change your name to "Sometimes Neutral", Always Neutral.
I fail to see a clear and neutral view from your posts, and your avatar + name isn't helping either with that.

I am not sure what you mean young man but I suggest you ante up with some military knowledge on the questions I asked.

Tanks, planes and wars don't run on hot air like you do. India has two coastlines and you have one. The world opinion and wallets are also on their side for the moment. It would be cheaper to take on the LET than take on India. Get rid of the LET and the world opinion will swing in your favor. The war will be over in one week unless China intervenes military in the present financial condition Pakistan is in. Bravery is not a cause for foolishness.

Regards

Who u talking about pk ?

I am not sure what you mean young man but I suggest you ante up with some military knowledge on the questions I asked.

Tanks, planes and wars don't run on hot air like you do. India has two coastlines and you have one. The world opinion and wallets are also on their side for the moment. It would be cheaper to take on the LET than take on India. Get rid of the LET and the world opinion will swing in your favor. The war will be over in one week unless China intervenes military in the present financial condition Pakistan is in. Bravery is not a cause for foolishness.

Regards

DEFINITELY a hinjew troll! :rofl:

Alright guys, let's stop feeding the petty little troll. :P

Regards

Please continue and elaborate your post.
I am highly interested in how you know that war for Pakistan would last one week.
It is better for Pakistan to stand firm, as it has done enough.
If Pakistan would bow down to Indian pressure, then it would automatically mean that for the future, we are destined to become Indias resort AND puppet for THEIR mistakes.
It would be a better decision to tell India not to cross the line, so they can think for a second with their warmongering heads.

By the way, perhaps you should change your name to "Sometimes Neutral", Always Neutral.
I fail to see a clear and neutral view from your posts, and your avatar + name isn't helping either with that.

I have never advocated war or India attacking Pakistan but something under Pakistan's carpet stinks so its better you clean up the mess yourself and if I am wrong then don't entertain A MISS RICE or a Mr. BROWN when they come to your country with sheepish interviews in which your President looks better hiding under the table when the foreign journalists question him about LET or JUD.

I have never advocated war or India attacking Pakistan but something under Pakistan's carpet stinks so its better you clean up the mess yourself and if I am wrong then don't entertain A MISS RICE or a Mr. BROWN when they come to your country with sheepish interviews in which your President looks better hiding under the table when the foreign journalists question him about LET or JUD.
I think it would be the other way around, rather something stinking under Indias carpet.
They have yet to provide solid proof, their whole handling of this situation is a mess, clearly India does not know what to do.
First they want a diplomatic solution, then they want to go to war, then they seem to re-think their plans and go for a diplomatic solution.
They obviously do not know how to handle a situation like this.
You say you never advocated war, but you still seem eager to find out how long Pakistan will last, or how India will take care of any Pakistani resistance if war breaks out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom