What's new

U.S. Flies B-52s Through China’s Expanded Air Defense Zone

I hope sanity prevails from all sides; there can't be any winners if hostilities break out.
But, for sure, the Chinese had miscalculated by declaring the airspace as their zone. EVEN if China could stare down the Americans neither side could afford a confrontation. The world can't afford one.
Climb down everyone. Find a face saving way.

Question shouldn't be what did US expect?
Question should in fact be what were the Chinese thinking trying to set up an ADIZ and asking all military planes to comply with when they don't have the power to enforce it? No surprise that US will show them who is the boss.

There is no need for China to take any aggressive reactions to this show of power by the US.

How, this just give China the precedent to do the same in Japan's and American's AZID in the future.

We love to have the tough challenge.[/quote]

Tough challenge......my a**...hahahaha........What a slap at Chinese face by US:rofl::usflag:.....There would not be any tougher challenge than B-52.

US:big_boss: showed China Its right place:haha::jester:........ You are just like a baloon of hot air:laugh: and you can bully small states like Philippine, Vietnam or Taiwan not big big brother:nono::usflag:

5 more yrs China will dominate the Dayou island airspace with their own 4 and 5 generation aircraft.

China is not in a position yet to challenge the super power.. probably in coming 50 years the situation can change

It's not a big deal. China can do the same wrt Japan's ADIZ and next time the "Empire" needs a favor China will payback accordingly. The US shows her card too early.

It's not a big deal. China can do the same wrt Japan's ADIZ and next time the "Empire" needs a favor China will payback accordingly. The US shows her card too early.
Fyi It was US that flew UNARMED a/c not Japan. U have to payback US!

B-52s? Meh. Should have used B-17s. Shoot er down, boys. Shoot er down! :china:

Bunch of retards here. First learn what ADIZ means. It's never claimed as one country's air zone.

I think China has achieved its strategic goal. I am pretty sure the Chinese government has predicted such scenario before it declared this ADIZ. Also it's quite childish for the U.S. to immediately play such an act. What did the U.S. expect? Waiting for China to shoot down the planes and escalate into wars?
I am just very confused and I am sure there are smarter people working for each government's think tanks.

Nobody's heeding to your air defense zone (wth does it mean anyway - a bunch of lines on a map?), the South Koreans have fibbed their nose already, so have the Taiwanese and the Japanese and the Germans have already issued a stern warning to China to not create trouble.

This is so absurd! By not identifying themselves, how did the U.S. know the Chinese would not shoot them down by simply mistaking them as hostile planes? Either they somehow identified themselves (as requested by China) or they are fools. I think most likely they are fools for risking their soldiers lives. In that case I also have to say, shame on the Chinese for not firing given this golden opportunitiy.

Anyway, looks like both sides (or 3 sides) are pushed into a corner now. No where to hide anymore. Sadly a war may be the only option. Now that the U.S. has finished with the middle east, they may have just found the next perfect enemy. War it on!

Well, not much China can do about it now.

However, you should be clear that China will enforce this air defense zone step by step. Of course, the last one will be against U.S.A.F.

Years ago, when China AF was weak and others countries drew this or that air defense zones against China, China could not do anything about it.

With her AF becoming stronger and stronger, China will not sit idle as before. One thing for sure, you will see more and more strong enforcement by China AF with time going on.

In History, there were numerous times that China was in the weak side and beaten by the Huns, the Turks, ..., the Mongols, Manchus and etc. Well, Let's see where they are now. The Huns was defeated soundly and went westward. The Turks, well, enjoyed the same fate. The mongols, of course, was overthrown and driven to the north by the Ming Dynasty. Manchus were overthrown as well later. The good thing is that they both become part of China later. The most important is that China is still here. It is still the same civilization, same culture, same language, same writing and etc.

There is no need to worry about gain/loss or so called glory/humiliation for a time being.

Just in. Saw this on twitter.

See the sticker on the NYT.

The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia

Last edited:
In other words:
bY9PZYp.gif

No can mess with America than good old 'merica ;)

Back
Top Bottom