What's new

U.S. Flies B-52s Through China’s Expanded Air Defense Zone

Really juvenile.

I am not surprised with this kind of behaviour exhibited by the Americans.

During the second world war, the US wanted to shore up the defense in Alaska from the potential Japanese attacks, they decided to build a highway to facilitate the supply route. One day they just marched over with their bulldozers, military trucks, workers and army personnel to start building the road, what is now known as the Alaskan highway*. The US didn't even bothered to informed Ottawa (the Canadian capital). The Canadian government only heard about it second-handed.

Thus is the mentality of the mighty Americans. They will learn one day.

* Alaska is separated from the US landmass by the Canadian province of British Columbia and the territory of Yukon.
Is this true...???

World War II - The Alaska Highway - The Road to Civil Rights - General Highway History - Highway History -
Federal Highway Administration

President Roosevelt approved the project on February 11, 1942, and an agreement for U.S. construction of a road in Canada was reached on March 18. The Alaska Highway would stretch northwest from Dawson Creek through Fort Nelson and Whitehorse in Canada, and via Tok Junction to Big Delta southeast of Fairbanks, Alaska. At Big Delta, supply trucks and other traffic could connect with the Territory's road network.
How can an agreement was reached when supposedly only one side has knowledge about a proposal, eh?

577px-Karte_ADIZ_Japan_und_ADIZ_East_China_Sea.jpg

For a small nation Japan sure has a big ADIZ, right up to the coats of Korea and China.

Well, not much China can do about it now.

However, you should be clear that China will enforce this air defense zone step by step. Of course, the last one will be against U.S.A.F.

Years ago, when China AF was weak and others countries drew this or that air defense zones against China, China could not do anything about it.

With her AF becoming stronger and stronger, China will not sit idle as before. One thing for sure, you will see more and more strong enforcement by China AF with time going on.

In History, there were numerous times that China was in the weak side and beaten by the Huns, the Turks, ..., the Mongols, Manchus and etc. Well, Let's see where they are now. The Huns was defeated soundly and went westward. The Turks, well, enjoyed the same fate. The mongols, of course, was overthrown and driven to the north by the Ming Dynasty. Manchus were overthrown as well later. The good thing is that they both become part of China later. The most important is that China is still here. It is still the same civilization, same culture, same language, same writing and etc.

There is no need to worry about gain/loss or so called glory/humiliation for a time being.
Exactly. This incident reminds me of our ancestor's struggle against Xiongnu. During the Western Han dynasty, after the establishment of the Han Dynasty, we bought our time to build our military and pay tribute to the Xiongnu. It was the same humiliation we endured with the Xiongnu, such as a letter from Xiongnu chanyu Modu wrote to Empress Lu Zhi, a very powerful figure in early Han Dynasty, to intimidate and mock her, as followed:

I'm a lonesome ruler born in marshes and raised in plains populated by lifestock. I've visited your border numerous times and wanted to tour China. Your Majesty is now alone and living in solitude. Since both of us are not happy and have nothing to entertain ourselves, I'm willing to use what I possess to exchange for what you lack.​

Lu Zhi was infuriated and her general advised her to rally an army to fight the Xiongnu immediately. But Ji Bu pointed out that the Xiongnu army was much more powerful than the current Han army who just finished fighting a tough war with Xiang Xu's army for supremacy. The soldiers were tired and had low morale. At Ji Bu's suggestion, the court fell into a fear silence and Lu Zhi rethink her plan and respond as followed,

Your Lordship does not forget our land and writes a letter to us, we fear. I retreat to preserve myself. I'm old and frail, I'm losing hair and teeth, and I struggle to maintain balance when I move. Your Lordship has heard wrongly, you shouldn't defile yourself. Our people did not offend you, and should be pardoned. We've two imperial carriages and eight fine steeds, which we graciously offer to Your Lordship.
What this lesson taught us is we MUST not respond forcefully but use clever way to counter respond to the US and buy our time. One day, it will come.

It's because of the islands. Which are way too small yet are claimed by Japan.

Other then the Diaoyu Islands Japan has no islands within China's ADIZ and yet she claims a large part of the no man's air space which is closer to China than Okinawa.

@gambit ^^^^

You know one thing is always true - it is the the victor who writes history.

You can probably find hundreds of articles about this event according to the US government. But as a Canadian, I know what actually happened

Here is a link to a sanitized version, but in it, we can almost tell...

Alaska Highway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The attack on Pearl Harbor and beginning of the Pacific Theatre in World War II, coupled with Japanese threats to the west coast of North America and the Aleutian Islands, changed the priorities for both nations. On February 6, 1942 the construction of the Alaska Highway was approved by the United States Army and the project received the authorization from the U.S. Congress and President Franklin D. Rooseveltto proceed five days later. Canada agreed to allow construction as long as the United States bore the full cost, and that the road and other facilities in Canada be turned over to Canadian authority after the war ended.

The underlined sentences which didn't mention the Canadian government was involved in the decision making .

Is this true...???

That is amazing...!!! Because that would apply to all of the Chinese members here, especially YOU about the J-20, F-22, and anything regarding 'stealth'.
What does that have to do with a ADIZ? This is not territorial airspace and country cannot shoot down aircraft in ADIZ. It is a zone depends on other country's civilized and maturity to respect. If the US shows no respect toward ADIZ, we have nothing to say. It will be a "topic" in which we will not forget when US needs our favor or cooperation or respect of their national interest.

@gambit ^^^^

You know one thing is always true - it is the the victor who writes history.

You can probably find hundreds of articles about this event according to the US government. But as a Canadian, I know what actually happened

Here is a link to a sanitized version, but in it, we can almost tell...

The attack on Pearl Harbor and beginning of the Pacific Theatre in World War II, coupled with Japanese threats to the west coast of North America and the Aleutian Islands, changed the priorities for both nations. On February 6, 1942 the construction of the Alaska Highway was approved by the United States Army and the project received the authorization from the U.S. Congress and President Franklin D. Rooseveltto proceed five days later. Canada agreed to allow construction as long as the United States bore the full cost, and that the road and other facilities in Canada be turned over to Canadian authority after the war ended.

The underlined sentences which didn't mention the Canadian government was involved in the decision making .
Because it is a US proposal. Duh.

A US proposal by Americans would naturally require American authority approval. Then the proposal was sent to Canada and Canadian authority made its own proposed amendments. Then both sides approved. But the way you portrayed it, or more accurately as distorted, was that the Canadian government had no knowledge of the entire plan, from proposal to construction.

To you, when it comes to US, no distortion or lie is beyond your intellectual dishonesty.

Bully get bullied.... where is hong wu brigade,,, Americans should be careful..... might hong wu bringing Df-.. and 300mt frat.... Gambit sir you must be careful....

If my ancestor Han can wait 5 generations to finally had the proper army and chance to defeat the powerful Xiongnu, why we cannot? All CHINESE must remember this!

What does that have to do with a ADIZ? This is not territorial airspace and country cannot shoot down aircraft in ADIZ. It is a zone depends on other country's civilized and maturity to respect. If the US shows no respect toward ADIZ, we have nothing to say. It will be a "topic" in which we will not forget when US needs our favor or cooperation or respect of their national interest.
YOU opened that door, buddy.

You castigated the Indians for not knowing facts and even worse you declared your own general contempt for that tendency. And yet you falls under your own contempt. Nice going.

Bully get bullied.... where is hong wu brigade,,, Americans should be careful..... might hong wu bringing Df-.. and 300mt frat.... Gambit sir you must be careful....

This is a glorious day my friend. The Han Chinese troll butthurt is a joyful occasionoccasion

People don't get the purpose of the ADIZ...

It's not to prevent other countries from flying through it...China probably expected the US to do something like this.

But then China can now fly into Japan's declared ADIZ without identifying itself and call Abe's bluff a while back about "shooting down" Chinese aircraft that enter its (also unilaterally) declared airspace.

Last edited:
YOU opened that door, buddy.

You castigated the Indians for not knowing facts and even worse you declared your own general contempt for that tendency. And yet you falls under your own contempt. Nice going.

@gambit they also castigate Indians for being low IQ, and yet produce the most consistently stupid posts I have seen around here.

This may be part of the one male child syndrome, where the egos of Chinese upper middle class and upper class are pandered to by their parents.

The utter lack of etiquette is actually awe inspiring on their part.

Back
Top Bottom