What's new

U.S. Effort to Help India Build Up Navy Hits Snag

He even claims that the IN keeps a group of civilians onboard to work for us & even refer to them as slaves. Seriously, that's the absolute height of bullshit.

He also claims that INS Delhi is an used Russian ship. :lol:

You were IN Navy officer?

I think i am talking about everything.:agree:

He was referring to the other article.

Do you see Choppers taking off from the Aircraft carrier in the above video? :woot::woot::woot:

So what makes India Navy better compare to PLAN for our CV-16 since we operate STOBAR the same time?

Complete BS.
INS Vicky will hit the sea in 2018 and commission in the last quart of that year.

Here are the rebuttals:
1)It has no SR-SAMs: They are not needed as the 64+ highly advanced Barak-8 can engage threat between 0.5km to 90km.It also has AK-630Ms

2)Limited sortie rate: A STOBAR carrier has lower sortie rate than a CATOBAR carrier but as we do not carry as many as Aircrafts as USN we do can make do with lower rates.

3)Vikrant will achieve FOC within 18-24 months if commissioning.Can do it much faster In emergency.
Russia has delivered 42/45 MiG-29K

4)Navy has already chucked the junk CAG report in the dustbin as it was based on 2011-12 situ and not on present situ.

But they are 'slaves' right ? :P

They don't count as people, so they are not Indians. I c. :D

By the way, GSLV-MK3 still on schedule by the end of this year? I'd love to read the rebuttals to that "US Navy Officer", do you know where to find?

So what makes India Navy better compare to PLAN for our CV-16 since we operate STOBAR the same time?

There is more to Carrier operations than just the take off operations, you have to service the fighters, train personnel etc etc that takes decades to master. There is a reason why the Induction of Vikramaditya was so smooth
I appreciate China's technological's might, but in some things you are still behind than us

A further 10-year is not nearly enough for our Indian friends to commission their 1st so-called "Make in India" CV.

And that's with all the help they can get from their foreign partners and suppliers.

It is a fair bet that China's 2nd 100% domestically made CV, aka Type 002 flattop, will get commissioned before India’s first supposedly locally made aircraft carrier. :D:D

A further 10-year is not nearly enough for our Indian friends to commission their 1st so-called "Make in India" CV.

And that's with all the help they can get from their foreign partners and suppliers.

It is a fair bet that China's 2nd 100% domestically made CV, aka Type 002 flattop, will get commissioned before India’s first supposedly locally made aircraft carrier. :D:D

I wouldn't go that far, but it is a sure bet that Chinese 001A (started 2013) will be commissioned ahead of INS Vikrant (started 2008).

That means your stobar operating experience is same as China since both operate at the same time? The one you decommissioning is only a vertical landing and take off carrier? No arrestor hook and angle deck. There is nothing much to learn all these years. If I am not wrong India still used farming tractor on your carrier :lol:

No. India's Stobar experience is from 1987, we bought the INS Viraat and used Sea Harriers on them.

So we had two Stobar carriers from 1989 onwards.

India is only good in showmanship. They rushed things and make many inoperational warship commission so as to make up the numbers to compete with PLAN and let fanboy have the impression India is on shoulder to shoulder in terms of navy modernization. Look at their INS kollkata. It's Barak 8 is not ready and they quickly rushed their destroyer to operation without those crucial component.

Nope. Although it's our own, our admirals pointed out many features of our destroyers is better than what's on western designed destroyers.

They know China going to build Type001A carrier and they quickly rushed INS vikrant to be build so as to give an impression that IN is modernizing quickly despite many sub components not ready. It may have convinced the fanboy but not professional.

Indian is always abt showmanship and put on a brave front.

Type 001A is copy of a Soviet/Ukranian carrier. Vikrant is a brand new design.

Really? You want to rely on western sources for Indian carrier plans when we have an open media that already talks about these things.

Hell, even I don't rely on western media when it comes to Russia or China.

But I guess CCP trolls don't care.

That Vikrant get afloat on water like a garbage for many years, I highly doubt whether it can sail or not. If Yankees willing to help, then it still has a slim hope. Once I remembered a USA officer said that The environment and sanitation of India ship is like hell, he just done with it. Lame duck.

You think we would able to do this without any "Aircraft carrier" Strategy
And who was talking about AC Strategy?
The comment was for the AC not being ready to operate for at least a decade.

That Vikrant get afloat on water like a garbage for many years, I highly doubt whether it can sail or not.

223.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom