What's new

U.S. Effort to Help India Build Up Navy Hits Snag

..IN won't going to discuss how they going to use carrier in combat....
Similarly as IA didn't provided proof of ""Surgical Strike"" because Indian Army or Indian Navy has successfully developed combat techniques which no other army has.... :sniper::bunny:

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/...-help-india-build-up-navy-hits-snag/?mod=e2fb

When top American naval engineers recently inspected India’s first locally made aircraft carrier they expected to find a near battle-ready ship set to help counter China’s growing sway in the Indian Ocean.

Instead, they discovered the carrier wouldn’t be operational for up to a decade and other shortcomings: no small missile system to defend itself, a limited ability to launch sorties and no defined strategy for how to use the ship in combat.
The findings alarmed U.S. officials hoping to enlist India as a bulwark against China, people close to the meeting said.

“China’s navy will be the biggest in the world soon, and they’re definitely eyeing the Indian Ocean with ports planned in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh,” said retired Admiral Arun Prakash, the former commander of India’s navy. “The Indian navy is concerned about this.”

The February carrier inspection, in the port of Kochi, formed part of U.S. plans to share aircraft carrier technology with India. Indian naval officials followed up with a tour of an American shipbuilding yard in Virginia and strategy briefings at the Pentagon in September, the people close to the meetings said.

The U.S. and India are drawing closer politically and militarily. The two have participated in joint naval exercises with Japan. The U.S. has agreed to sell New Delhi everything from attack helicopters to artillery. Washington has approved proposals by Lockheed Martin and Boeing Co. to make advanced jet fighters in India. And in August, the two countries signed a military logistics-sharing accord

Calm down fella's when the Americans quote stupid assessment's like these there is the inherent reason as to why they would do that.

Add 2 + 2 together it's not hard to figure out! as my Indian brethren's have posted in ample detail, we have a long history in operating carriers.

so let the guys rejoice over some India bashing! it won't hurt our ego 1 bit.

Compared to US standards and experience, the IN carrier would not be up to the mark. Pakistan should still not take it lightly.

A decent assessment! never underestimate your adversary.

:woot:

A missile defence system to target submarines? :rofl:

Submarines threats are countered with ASWs surface vessels or ASW aircraft my friend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_P-8_Poseidon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-submarine_warfare

Yes, and I think we are ordering more, correct me if I am wrong! perhaps @Joe Shearer can confirm this!

How could India's military not have a defined strategy for its carrier use? More than anything else that's the most damning in my eyes.
One of the reasons could be that India is the biggest market for defence sales,India needs new gear and the US among others can provide.

This is what happens when Uneducated idiots write on defense

As I said before, this is just water washing to get the defence companies of the USA to line up & sell to India and implement their systems on our AC...

Washington is looking at $$$, nothing else.

Indian aircraft carriers don't even work?

Wow, what a surprise. (not)

In what capacity are you saying this? please provide some technical details along with sources to verify this... If you can't then I take it that your resorting to rhetoric's!

Last edited:
Similarly as IA didn't provided proof of ""Surgical Strike"" because Indian Army or Indian Navy has successfully developed combat techniques which no other army has.... :sniper::bunny:
According to you guys OSAMA is not dead because US did not provide you with the body, can you dare to ask same proof from US and what could be the Answer from AMREEKA bhaadur ?

http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/...-help-india-build-up-navy-hits-snag/?mod=e2fb

When top American naval engineers recently inspected India’s first locally made aircraft carrier they expected to find a near battle-ready ship set to help counter China’s growing sway in the Indian Ocean.

Oh..ouch!! So based on the above, what's the use of this aircraft carrier? Scramble jets to scare away foreign fishermen by loud jets flying low overhead? That is a one great purpose for so many billions wasted!

India needs to contact the US and ask for contractors from the New Port and General Dynamics for like 5 years to help redesign / rebuild this silly thing.

my gut feeling says it will sink in its first voyage

I think is a USA effort to GET india to buy the soon to be retired NIMITZ class carriers with 40 F18 SUPER HORNETS thrown in for around $4 billion

Typical USA marketing

India needs a indengious military capability

VIKRANT WILL BE AMAZING when it is ready in 2018

THIS WILL BE AWESOME ACHIEVEMENT

Is it a CGI, didn't see anyone taking a dump on the deck

Last edited:
Its expensive toy, if built according to blue water requirement and keeping eye on active navel presence in the surrounding waters.
In next few years this will be in PN service...type 054
203_221336_579026.gif

203_221337_327631.gif

four kolkata class destroyes are enough for PAk navy..... rest u don't about navy career group

Yes, we operate this carrier now.

470184-vikramaditya.jpg

This was the carrier we decommissioned only a few months ago.
virat-759.jpg

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/ins-viraat-ends-this-week-2928884/

We have enough experience that we have operated 3 different carriers and decommissioned two.
That means your stobar operating experience is same as China since both operate at the same time? The one you decommissioning is only a vertical landing and take off carrier? No arrestor hook and angle deck. There is nothing much to learn all these years. If I am not wrong India still used farming tractor on your carrier :lol:

Oh..ouch!! So based on the above, what's the use of this aircraft carrier? Scramble jets to scare away foreign fishermen by loud jets flying low overhead? That is a one great purpose for so many billions wasted!

India needs to contact the US and ask for contractors from the New Port and General Dynamics for like 5 years to help redesign / rebuild this silly thing.
India is only good in showmanship. They rushed things and make many inoperational warship commission so as to make up the numbers to compete with PLAN and let fanboy have the impression India is on shoulder to shoulder in terms of navy modernization. Look at their INS kollkata. It's Barak 8 is not ready and they quickly rushed their destroyer to operation without those crucial component.

They know China going to build Type001A carrier and they quickly rushed INS vikrant to be build so as to give an impression that IN is modernizing quickly despite many sub components not ready. It may have convinced the fanboy but not professional.

Indian is always abt showmanship and put on a brave front.

That means your stobar operating experience is same as China since both operate at the same time? The one you decommissioning is only a vertical landing and take off carrier? No arrestor hook and angle deck. There is nothing much to learn all these years. If I am not wrong India still used farming tractor on your carrier :lol:

India is only good in showmanship. They rushed things and make many inoperational warship commission so as to make up the numbers to compete with PLAN and let fanboy have the impression India is on shoulder to shoulder in terms of navy modernization. Look at their INS kollkata. It's Barak 8 is not ready and they quickly rushed their destroyer to operation without those crucial component.

They know China going to build Type001A carrier and they quickly rushed INS vikrant to be build so as to give an impression that IN is modernizing quickly despite many sub components not ready. It may have convinced the fanboy but not professional.

Indian is always abt showmanship and put on a brave front

its because they know they've got no wars to fight, being in the indian army must be a walk in the park, got billions to spend in corruption and the most action you will see is a couple of kids throwing rocks at you in kashmir.

@ Sully3

with uncle sam you don't choose when and where they work with you when you are an ally of the states you listen to what they say or very quickly they find another ally in the region. Learn from pakistans mistakes don't let uncle sam become your only ally QUOTE said:
Balls to you & Uncle SAM.....

Go and Find a Banana Republic like UK and ....

One of the reasons could be that India is the biggest market for defence sales,India needs new gear and the US among others can provide.
He is referring to carrier doctrines i.e in what situation Indian AC will be used and for what purpose.

Last time Indian AC was used to achieve a naval blockade against East Pakistan in 1971 war

In the far future there is remote possibility of Indian AC facing a Chinese AC in IO.

Gambit has a good post here on US AC doctrines

Are Aircraft Carrier any use against against a military like CHINA or RUSSIA ?

yeah we pay those same bus drivers from India and Pakistan more then what your family earns in a year. hence why these people beg to come to the UK
'we', trying too hard to fit in eh? .... You need to smell the coffee and wake up!

Begging country to country is infintely better than having 2 million of your citizens pulling rickshaws like animals to put bread on the table. Begging to countries is better than having the largest dump of poverty on earth more than Africa. Begging countries is better than having half your population publicy dropping (that is if they can afford the trousers) and then exposing their spare posterior to shat in the open.

Be a beggar any time then go through such travails .... as shining, defacating India .....
You have no idea about self respect and hard work...... Do you?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom