What's new

U.S. asks Vietnam to stop helping Russian bomber flights

With that top picture of the smiling Vietnamese pilot, the Russian media is wrong. It should not be called "US bullies Vietnam.." but should be called "US enticing VietNam to cooperate with the US military."

Where is @Viet? He must be drooling right now.

I was thinking the Viet pilot will get to train on the Orion but I don't think they operate Orions from Columbus Airforce base. He might very well get a taste of an F-16.
hey welcome back, where have you been?

No, bro, if we close military alliance with the US, more toys are necessary than just orion and f-16. to take on the chinese, our navy needs destroyers and diesel/nuclear subs, the airforce modern jet fighters, the land army modern tanks and long range strategic missiles.

The chinese trolls are under shock at the moment. They need some time to recuperate.
it is not the first time they underestimate vietnam. we can let them continue living in delusion.

Hey, I want to know whether F-16 could be armed with LRASM or B-61 bombs ?

I heard that Vietnamese pilots was trained on Orions in Japan or Taiwan.

Japan? hmm I doubt that. They've only managed to sell one boat from their Fishery Agency, not even a Coast Guard Ship yet, so I doubt they are giving training to VN pilot.

And columbus AFB does not operate any F-16. Only T-38 for rookies and T-1 for future airlift/tanker pilots.

With that top picture of the smiling Vietnamese pilot, the Russian media is wrong. It should not be called "US bullies Vietnam.." but should be called "US enticing VietNam to cooperate with the US military."

Where is @Viet? He must be drooling right now.

I was thinking the Viet pilot will get to train on the Orion but I don't think they operate Orions from Columbus Airforce base. Actually, there are no F-16 in Columbus AFB.

It appears that Columbus Airforce base doesn't have F-16s or Orions. They have simpler training aircraft, super tucanos and A-29 so this is a mystery.

Edit: He he, we were both checking Columbus Airforce base at the same time. I wrote before seeing your post.

No, bro, if we close military alliance with the US, more toys are necessary than just orion and f-16. to take on the chinese, our navy needs destroyers and diesel/nuclear subs, the airforce modern jet fighters, the land army modern tanks and long range strategic missiles.

it is not the first time they underestimate vietnam. we can let them continue living in delusion.

My God, who is going to stop you now? You are going to talk about AEGIS everyday, he he :woot:

When the US bully and intimidate other countries, it is okay but when Russia displays force, they cry like a little brat. Typical hypocrisy. LOL

Now it looks like our little Vietnam is having trouble playing the balance game, here. LOL

It appears that Columbus Airforce base doesn't have F-16s or Orions. They have simpler training aircraft, super tucanos and A-29 so this is a mystery.

They train future fighter pilots on T-38 at Columbus. I think this training program is just for the VPAF to get familiar with how the US airforce operate. He is a senior captain and does not look too young. But it does indicate that both the US and VN airforce will (or intends to) cooperate with each other.

Didn't you read how the US ambassador said the US has "much to offer"?

How much will probably depend on VietNam.

When the US bully and intimidate other countries, it is okay but when Russia displays force, they cry like a little brat. Typical hypocrisy. LOL

Now it looks like our little Vietnam is having trouble playing the balance game, here. LOL

Don't you have US citizenship? why are you describing your country as a bully?

Edit: He he, we were both checking Columbus Airforce base at the same time. I wrote before seeing your post.

He would be trained for training program.
I guess they would open the station of The 14th Flying Training Wing (14 FTW) again in Vietnam. Maybe in Nha Trang or Phan Rang.

At the same time
Uzbekistan AF visits Columbus AFB to learn about pilot training program
By Airman Daniel Lile, 14th Flying Training Wing Public Affairs / Published March 09, 2015
Lt. Col. Wayne Chitmon speaks with Uzbekistan air force members about the 14th Flying Training Wing’s Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals training program March 5, 2015, at Columbus Air Force Base, Miss. The Uzbek troops came here to get a first-hand experience in how they could structure their own pilot training program. Chitmon is the 49th Fighter Training Squadron assistant director of operations. (U.S. Air Force photo/Airman Daniel Lile)

The 14th Flying Training Wing (14 FTW)
Stations:
  • Dow Field (later, AFB), Maine, 15 August 1947 – 2 October 1949
  • Nha Trang AB, South Vietnam, 8 March 1966
  • Phan Rang AB, South Vietnam, 15 October 1969 – 30 September 1971
  • Columbus AFB, Mississippi, 1 June 1972–present

US pilots training on this T-45 for serving in aircraft carriers.
1024px-Flickr_-_Official_U.S._Navy_Imagery_-_A_T-45C_Goshawk_training_aircraft_makes_an_arrested_landing.jpg

A T-45 Goshawk making an arrested landing on USS Dwight D. Eisenhower in 2011

Last edited:
They train future fighter pilots on T-38 at Columbus. I think this training program is just for the VPAF to get familiar with how the US airforce operate. He is a senior captain and does not look too young. But it does indicate that both the US and VN airforce will (or intends to) cooperate with each other.?

Definitely, something is cooking here.

Don't you have US citizenship? why are you describing your country as a bully?
Because I cannot lie to myself. It is the same reason Snowden wanted to expose NSA because the US neocon had gone insane and too far with their reasoning to dominate the world. It threatens world peace with their hypocritical belief. World Peace = US MUST be reasonable and set a fair standard!

Anyway I am tired with Vietnam member here..
let them keep dreaming...

What happen to the freedom of navigation concept? LOL

Hey, I want to know whether F-16 could be armed with LRASM or B-61 bombs ?

BoQ77 my friend let's rewind back to the present. Columbus does not operate F-16. But I agree this pilot program is a teaser for VN to access how awesome US training program (and airforce) is. The US will expect the VNPAF to want more.

Because I cannot lie to myself. It is the same reason Snowden wanted to expose NSA because the US neocon had gone insane and too far with their reasoning to dominate the world. It threatens world peace with their hypocritical belief. World Peace = US MUST be reasonable and set a fair standard!

But you have US citizenship right? so shouldn't you be saying "my government is. .." instead of "they"?

love,

BF

Back
Top Bottom