What's new

Two STUS and Frigate Join PN Fleet

The STUS are not ocean going support vessels but coastal support units that are primarily used to support the frequent attachment of Frigates, etc. to Ormara and sometimes Gawadar. In the case of both Gawader and Ormara, there are no overland pipelines to support the supply of bunker fuel for visiting ships. Overland transport is quite expensive and takes time. Same is the case with availability of sweet water requirement.

Furthermore, I have not seen any tank farm on Ormara to support long term fuel storage requirement.

The STUS are not ocean going support vessels but coastal support units that are primarily used to support the frequent attachment of Frigates, etc. to Ormara and sometimes Gawadar. In the case of both Gawader and Ormara, there are no overland pipelines to support the supply of bunker fuel for visiting ships. Overland transport is quite expensive and takes time. Same is the case with availability of sweet water requirement.

Furthermore, I have not seen any tank farm on Ormara to support long term fuel storage requirement.

its in the plans though - ormara will be one of the most important naval facilities in the next 10 years.

I am sure it would be if we go by the original plans laid out in the early eighties. The mid 90's construction was just the phase I, completed by STFA (Turkish Construction Giant).

BTW, any news on Kalamat Naval Base?

its in the plans though - ormara will be one of the most important naval facilities in the next 10 years.

our submarine fleet has been stationed at Ormara naval base. with increasing interest of PN in procuring new submarines and build more at home, the ormara facility will surely be upgraded.
its strategic location is also better then Karachi base which is too close to India as compared to Ormara.
also Ormara is a test facility of missiles so this add to the importance.

SHIP_FFG-7_USS_Oliver_Hazard_Perry_Initial_Fit-out_1983_lg.jpg

looks like a descent displacement vessel

4100 tons full load, roughly.

forget US and put chinese weapon system on this frigate!
its big and have space. PN have done it before with UK's type 21, so why not with this too

Back
Top Bottom