What's new

Two Indian soldiers killed in LoC skirmish: Indian army

No confirmation from the IA... all your side here has is Yellow Journalism at this point to bring that claim up.

the IA must testify to that to actually make that accusation.

The IA spoke about the mutilation but did not go into details.

It could be, however the capability set vis-a-vis India is different as it is on the western border.
Attacks would be met with Attacks until.. until someone cross the line.
The fear of that line being crossed will keep things pretty cool.
The peace process may be stopped for another six months at most...
I will say just 1or 2 months. I was asking if India is going for more proxy support as that is one and only option India has right now without risk of lowering of war threshold.

Emmie you are a sensible poster, but does you blood not boil when your soldiers are executed and beheaded by TTP?

Sadly, soldiers get killed on the LoC but beheading is shameful and barbaric, why wear uniform then?

Of course this beheading stuff is really weird, making me sick too, it's absolutely barbaric. But don't you think we should wait for the proper investigation report, let the forensic experts examine the cadavers, for now it's all about media report.

yeah, unfortunately firing incidents on LOC are quite mundane, soldiers of both the sides die, just 2 days ago we lost a soldier and now this incident.

Pakistan army denies Indian claim on LoC firing

Pakistan army on Tuesday denied Indian statement that Pakistani troops crossed into Indian-held Kashmir and ambushed an Army patrol party, killing its two soldiers.

“Pakistan military officials deny Indian allegation of unprovoked firing,” a Pakistani military official said.

Indian officials earlier said the attack took place along the Line of Control (LoC), which divides the two countries in the disputed Kashmir region, when Pakistanis came about 100 metres into Indian-occupied Kashmir and assaulted the patrol party.

Pakistani army dismissed the charges and described as propaganda.

“It looks Indian propaganda to divert attention of world of Sunday raid on a Pakistani post by Indian troops in which a Pakistani soldier was killed,” the Pakistani military official said.

The Indian statement came just two days after Pakistan said that its one soldier was killed and another injured in firing by the Indian forces in zad Kashmir on Sunday.

The Pakistani army said that Indian troops had crossed LoC in Haji Pir Sector in Bagh district and raided a Pakistani check post.

Pakistan and India had declared ceasefire along the LoC in November 2003. Guns had been relatively silent since then, however border forces some time trade fire.

Pakistan and India have fought three wars, two over Kashmir, since their independence in 1947.

Relations between the nuclear-armed countries, which had been deteriorated after the 2008 Mumbai attacks, have improved in over the past few years.

The recent LoC clashes have raised concerns in the world and several friendly countries have urged both arch-rivals to show restraint.

Pakistan army denies Indian claim on LoC firing | NewsPakistan.PK

Interesting, it seems to confirm my suspicion that the initial incident is most likely the work on Hawks on the Indian side.

I will say just 1or 2 months. I was asking if India is going for more proxy support as that is one and only option India has right now without risk of lowering of war threshold.

The discussion doing the rounds now is IA thinks the red line has been crossed and the diplomats think - not yet, we can expect more clarity and a statement from the GOV tomorrow on this.

Unlikely, the only actual variable is how the US may support anti-Pakistan efforts.
Only they can create actual pressure on Pakistan by heating up the western border further.

The discussion doing the rounds now is IA thinks the red line has been crossed and the diplomats think - not yet, we can expect more clarity and a statement from the GOV tomorrow on this.
Yeah they said a statement will be made tomorrow about what will be GoI stance and at what severity.

Interesting, it seems to confirm my suspicion that the initial incident is most likely the work on Hawks on the Indian side.

The denial was on expected lines, what needs to be seen and Indian politicians are hoping is that Pakistan does not deny this and actually does something about it.

Unlikely, the only actual variable is how the US may support anti-Pakistan efforts.
Only they can create actual pressure on Pakistan by heating up the western border further.
One poster made a point, it might be a conspiracy theory, but is it possible that TTP which has attacked in PA uniform is being used here to derail the peace process considering India getting MFN status, then Cricket series etc.

What's you take on third party involvement ?

Is it confirmed PA troops conducted this attack? Also is the mutilation accusation confirmed? Someone reply back with sources.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom