What's new

TVC -vs- JHMCS ?

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi Folks.

What is your opinion about a Dogfight or WVRC scenario between an air craft with Thurst vectoring like Su-30MKI and an air craft like F-16C/D , F-35 JSF with JHMCS Powered by of bore sight infrared Guided missiles ?

Does TVC has an edge over JHMCS or JHMCS powered by its off boare sight infrared guided missiles will undermine the supermenuverability of Sukhoi's ?

Please share your Ideas.

Regards: BB

Last edited:

if reality is like this, it seems maneuverability is not much a problem, moreover i saw a Video(will try to find & post) in which they explained the HMD of F-35 will make TVC useless

Last edited by a moderator:
Python 5 kind of WVR missiles & others similar to it, with HMS system nullify the advantage of TVC equipped aircraft of any origin. Even the latest or in future BVR A2A missiles capable to withstand huge Gs or the missiles themselves equipped with TVC would easily target TVC fighters.

@ Emo kid

I think i can agree with that because the Joint helmet mounted ceuing system is more like a Look down shoot down capability.

It almost undermines the "Element of surprise" for instance if you are flying an F-35 or a Block 52+/Block 60 and the Intercepting air craft is at your tail unnoticed you wont have to do any maneuvering (sabre style :D ) to get back into the tail of the interceptor but your Radar will guide your Off bore sight infrared guided missiles to fire and maneuver back in the direction of the target (Since the Missiles can pull 12g's these days) and it also includes BVR.

But once the target is in your visual range but not right infront of your nose and on a far end the JHMCS will come into play for sure !!!

I am all in for JHMCS and i think it beats Flanker's Air show stunts :D

Last edited:
Just look at the Python 4 & 5s maneuverability. More maneuverable compared to the TVC fighters seen so far.

Just look at the Python 4 & 5s maneuverability. More maneuverable compared to the TVC fighters seen so far.

Cant remember the source but there were some technical issues with pythons.

Cant remember the source but there were some technical issues with pythons.

Well technical issues can be removed, as all A2A missiles face such issues, but the missile is awesome and just see how the F-16 launches it and it went back to hit the target.

Well technical issues can be removed, as all A2A missiles face such issues, but the missile is awesome and just see how the F-16 launches it and it went back to hit the target.

Yes i agree as we know that the modern Missiles can pull 12 G's so i guess it is not difficult for a missile to hit a target on the tail of the launching platform as long as the Guidance is provided in shape or radar (on board and of board) or JHMCS.

In future the JHMCS would be used to engage multiple targets in the air , ground and in the sea.
Its a bigger concept isn't it ?

This diagram illustrates an example engagement using the Python 4, which has the capability to track a high G target and continue the engagement even should the first hit opportunity not be exploited. In this instance the target aircraft evades the missile's first pass, but is subsequently run down and destroyed. The "no escape zone" of the Python is vastly greater than that of third generation missiles, while almost any target in the forward hemisphere can be engaged using the Elbit DASH Helmet Mounted Sight

In future the JHMCS would be used to engage multiple targets in the air , ground and in the sea.
Its a bigger concept isn't it ?

AIM-9X in conjunction with JHMCS has been tested for Air to Surface Role

Raytheon AIM-9X Sidewinder Demonstrates Air-To-Surface Capability

UNITED STATES - 9 DECEMBER 2009

TUCSON, Ariz., Dec. 9, 2009 -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) demonstrated the capability to employ the AIM-9X Sidewinder advanced infrared-guided air-to-air missile to attack surface targets.

During a Sept. 23 test, an AIM-9X fired from a U.S. Air Force F-16C fighter sank a rapidly moving target boat in the Gulf of Mexico.

"With a software upgrade, AIM-9X retains its air-to-air capabilities and gains an air-to-surface capability," said Harry Schulte, Raytheon Missile Systems vice president of Air Warfare Systems. "AIM-9X now has the potential to take on an additional mission at a very affordable cost."

The test marks the third time an AIM-9X engaged moving surface targets. In April 2008, a U.S. Air Force F-16 launched an AIM-9X and sank a maneuvering boat, and in March 2007, a U.S. Air Force F-15C fired an AIM-9X and destroyed a fast-moving armored personnel carrier.

hey is there any threat to friendly units in a target miss ..i mean its a thermal guided sys it just needs heat?

^ Multiguidence systems ie Laser , Radar , GPS in ground storms.

They have a pinpoint accuracy and the mission is planned in a way that the friendly units stay on a safe distance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom