What's new

Turkmenistan Makes Another Quiet Purchase Of 8 Warships

Although i don't want to see to two Turk nations as rivals I fully support Turkmenistan's position in this conflict. Azerbaijan had signed an agreement with their lover Russia in 1997 for petrol research and production in disputed area but couldn't do it after relations worsened with Türkmenistan.

Although i don't want to see to two Turk nations as rivals I fully support Turkmenistan's position in this conflict. Azerbaijan had signed an agreement with their lover Russia in 1997 for petrol research and production in disputed area but couldn't do it after relations worsened with Türkmenistan.

I do not understand your point. Is it a reason to support turkmenistan?:no:

Give Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan, 2 Ada-class corvettes to each of them. Then they'll be even better than Russian Caspian Sea fleet

Caspian Sea has been a peaceful place for a very long time. So there is no need of any arm race between countries bordering Caspian Sea.

What is their tonnage and other specs?

You had the second most powerful navy, after commissioning of Damavand frigate Iran will have the second most powerful navy, Iran plans to build two or three more Moudge frigate and several Sina class missile boats

Iranian fleet
1 Damavand Frigate - 1500 tons- 76mm gun, 4 noor missiles, standard missiles, 40mm gun, 2x3tube 324mm torpedos, 2x20mm gun(launched several mouths ago and will be commissioned in a few mouths) - more planned
1 Hamzeh corvette - 580 tons - 20mm gun, 4 noor missiles
3 Sina class(copy of la combattante 2) - 265 tons - 76mm gun, 4 noor missiles, 40mm gun(more under construction)
6 50ft Patrol boats and several lightly armed patrol boats, minesweeper and several logistic ships

Azerbaijan navy
1 Petya class frigate - 1150 tons - 2x2 76mm gun,2 RBU6000 anti submarine rocket launchers,5 anti sub torpedo tube.
1 Osa 2 class missile boat - 235 tons - 2x ak230 ciws, 4 p15 termit missile
3 Stenka-class patrol boat - 245 tons - ak230 30mm ciws, 4x 400mm anti sub torpedo
2 AB-25 PB boats - 170 tons -1 or 2x40mm guns, 20mm gun
and several more Patrol boats, minesweepers and logistic ships

And Iran consider the picture below as her boundaries in Caspian sea so some of the oil fields that Azeri gov consider as her own is in our view belongs to Iran.
13910628_0120988.jpg

uhmm because that frigate has such a huge armament?
Azerbaijan and South Korea are negotiating over Incheon class frigates , possibly 2 Type-214 subs not really sure which subs Azerbaijan wants , support ships , missile boats from Russia , patrol boats that carry 4 and 8 anti ship missiles from Turkey
and addition of more aviation for the navy
also none cares what Iran considers , every other nation agreed to a different boundary
and huge deposits of oil you discovered recently might be in Azerbaijan boundary not the other way

These shipa are patrol boats only,lightly armed nothing wrong in having them !!

uhmm because that frigate has such a huge armament?
Azerbaijan and South Korea are negotiating over Incheon class frigates , possibly 2 Type-214 subs not really sure which subs Azerbaijan wants , support ships , missile boats from Russia , patrol boats that carry 4 and 8 anti ship missiles from Turkey
and addition of more aviation for the navy
also none cares what Iran considers , every other nation agreed to a different boundary
and huge deposits of oil you discovered recently might be in Azerbaijan boundary not the other way
Damavand has a big armament for caspian sea and Azeri navy doesn't have a good Anti ship capability(most of your ship are geared toward anti submarine weaponry) while Iranian ships in caspian are armed with Noor(copy of c-802) AShMs.

All of those supposed negotiations are only talks there is not even a contract and what the hell you want to do with Type-214 subs in Caspian sea?! While Iran is building several Sina missile boats and moudge frigate.

Iran recently moved an oil rig(Alborz) to a location which Azerbaijan claims that belongs to them and Azerbaijan didn't do anything so even already Iran violated what you consider your boundary.

Another good news for you is that IRGC Navy is building its first base in Caspian and IRIN units stationed in Caspian sea are also undergoing a rapid expansion because Supreme leader has taken an special interest in Caspian sea.

Damavand has a big armament for caspian sea and Azeri navy doesn't have a good Anti ship capability(most of your ship are geared toward anti submarine weaponry) while Iranian ships in caspian are armed with Noor(copy of c-802) AShMs.

All of those supposed negotiations are only talks there is not even a contract and what the hell you want to do with Type-214 subs in Caspian sea?! While Iran is building several Sina missile boats and moudge frigate.

Iran recently moved an oil rig(Alborz) to a location which Azerbaijan claims that belongs to them and Azerbaijan didn't do anything so even already Iran violated what you consider your boundary.

Another good news for you is that IRGC Navy is building its first base in Caspian and IRIN units stationed in Caspian sea are also undergoing a rapid expansion because Supreme leader has taken an special interest in Caspian sea.

except Azerbaijan signed contracts for Russian and Israeli anti ship missiles and its not all talk , Azerbaijan already proposed 3 billion deal which includes supply ships , frigates , subs and etc. helicopters , K-9s and etc.
I said possibly Type-214, if we do get them along with other purchases Azerbaijan will have the strongest navy in the Casian
and I care what they are building? Azerbaijan Navy SEALs are best spec ops in the region , trained by US navy SEALs and Turkish SAS and SAT teams

is there any pics or videos of Azerbaijani naval spec ops ?

I think The best naval platform which is suitable for Caspian sea is Onuk MRTP-42. Turkish navy uses YTKB Tuzla class boats mostly for coastal patrol and submarine hunter so They doesn't have SSM. What MRTP-42 designed is to be effective against all type surface boats thanks to high speed, stealth body, Anti-ship missile, 3D radar...

P1010141.jpg

Fire power of MRTP-42 is increadibly big that Withstanding against such a powerfull and speedy stealth platform for enemy naval assets would be a big nightmare, especially When It is thought 5-6 of them operated simultaneously...

Attention to aft side twice launchers which is going to carry UMTAS-UM missiles to engage naval targets locating up to 15-16km away...
S6303030.jpg

ASELSAN%2520Naval%2520UMTAS%2520Launcher.jpg

Attention to bridge deck twice stabilized gun platforms stationed port and starboard sides. Aselsan offers many different variants from STAMP, STOP to Muhafiz or STAMP-G. Those stabilized platforms are searching threats and automatically follow to fire at designated angels.

Muhafiz 30mm
esh5878_5.jpg

I believe Azerbaijan is going to buy ships from Turkey , Russia and South Korea

I think it was disgusting of Türkmenistan to come to table by bringing iran but thankfully the new president is not a sample from a freak show like the previous one. Türkmenistan sells its stuff for cheap so by the new cooperation prospect with Azerbaijan things will be much better for Türkmenistan. As far as I know Azerbaijan and Türkmenistan are on good terms with the triliteral talks between Turkey-Az-Türkmen

Where does Kazakhstan feature in all of this? Uptill now all the focus has been on Russian, Azerbaijan, Iran and Turkmenistan. Has Kazakhstan also been expanding their naval presence in the Caspian?
Also will the battle over this sea's resources be a free for all, or are their blocks emerging? for example Russia and Iran vs Turkic Block?

Back
Top Bottom