What's new

Turkish Topi | Junaid Akram

Junaid bhai is too funny, this is top tier content.

Where and which part of Pakistan is this accent from? Very un-manly !
Most of the time it's in discrimination towards me/us. Last week(most recent one of many such instances) i went to a halal restaurant in Naperville, IL the owners were Liari ban typa guys. Were nice until I spoke in English. The guy gave me free chicken wings for God's sake. But when I started to thank him in Urdu (which inevitably has a Punjabi/Lahori accent) the guy started going on a passive aggressive/sarcastic tirade. I didn't know what caused him to flip out 180 degrees man cuz J was genuinely grateful. I was gonna rate them 5 stars. But after rude experience I only gave em 2 stars. That still cuz the food was good and they were kind to me at first.

We get this a lot from these people man. It's just that when I(don't know about other people) speak about it people I am silenced. In response all they say is we are being genocided or Karachi is not getting it's right or Soins of soil/Punjab/Center/Federal govt destroyed Karachi or something. It's almost to the level of Bamyan Afghanis. It's messed up.

But it should be noted that most of Karachiite diaspora here is old MQM generation who fled in 90s operation by claiming Pakistan Military was genociding them even if they were living in defence or something. So maybe the newer generation is different. Hopefully.

Most of the time it's in discrimination towards me/us. Last week(most recent one of many such instances) i went to a halal restaurant in Naperville, IL the owners were Liari ban typa guys. Were nice until I spoke in English. The guy gave me free chicken wings for God's sake. But when I started to thank him in Urdu (which inevitably has a Punjabi/Lahori accent) the guy started going on a passive aggressive/sarcastic tirade. I didn't know what caused him to flip out 180 degrees man cuz J was genuinely grateful. I was gonna rate them 5 stars. But after rude experience I only gave em 2 stars. That still cuz the food was good and they were kind to me at first.

We get this a lot from these people man. It's just that when I(don't know about other people) speak about it people I am silenced. In response all they say is we are being genocided or Karachi is not getting it's right or Soins of soil/Punjab/Center/Federal govt destroyed Karachi or something. It's almost to the level of Bamyan Afghanis. It's messed up.

But it should be noted that most of Karachiite diaspora here is old MQM generation who fled in 90s operation by claiming Pakistan Military was genociding them even if they were living in defence or something. So maybe the newer generation is different. Hopefully.
So this is Karachi accent. I suspected it because I have heard Indians talk and it had that corny, effemanate flavour. Thanks anyway for that anecdote.
@Ahmet Pasha did you just get banned. What the hell ...

Back
Top Bottom