What's new

Turkish Tea House

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 19785 Question for my Turkish friends: This is the dinner menu for a top-rated "Turkish" restaurant in my area. Is any of this remotely close to being Turkish, or is it just Americanized-Turkish?

Is there a Turkish dish that is so superior to the rest, that I should find a place that specifically serves it? I am going Friday night for my first try if I can find something that isn't just "Mediterranean" generic food.

Thanks!
Forget that menu,hop on a plane,go to Istanbul and see the real Turkish kitchen 1001 dishes to choose from

cool thanks.
Zimbabwe.gif
Are you Muslim? Saw on the other post, you islamic quoted. :)

i have send a message to you check it if you on line
How did you send message private?

View attachment 19785 Question for my Turkish friends: This is the dinner menu for a top-rated "Turkish" restaurant in my area. Is any of this remotely close to being Turkish, or is it just Americanized-Turkish?

Is there a Turkish dish that is so superior to the rest, that I should find a place that specifically serves it? I am going Friday night for my first try if I can find something that isn't just "Mediterranean" generic food.

Thanks!

There are too few dishes in that, not even minced meat pide ? c'mon :D

This is minced meat pide(Kıymalı) pretty much the most basic pide you can find everywhere here
15d5963ce5ca49e3e505fdd6547dd66b.jpg

And this is the king of the pides, Kuşkaş

Ku%C5%9Fadas%C4%B1+(8).JPG

karisik.jpg

@Neptune

Adminlerden birisiyle konuşsana şu Rus olduğunu iddia eden dallama hakkında. Bi IP check falan yapsınlar.

Soldier killed by explosive device in southeast Turkey
A Turkish soldier was killed by an explosive device in southeastern Turkey, the first such death since Kurdish militants declared a ceasefire a year ago, security sources said on Thursday.

The Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) called the truce in March 2013 to help bolster peace talks between the Turkish state and their jailed leader, Abdullah Ocalan.

The explosion occurred late on Wednesday when the soldier stepped on a device buried in the ground in a remote area in Sirnak province near the Iraqi border, the sources said.

It was not clear what caused the device to detonate, they said. In the past, PKK rebels have used remote-controlled devices to attack troops, or it may have been a land mine placed there previously.

Soldier killed by explosive device in southeast Turkey
A Turkish soldier was killed by an explosive device in southeastern Turkey, the first such death since Kurdish militants declared a ceasefire a year ago, security sources said on Thursday.

The Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) called the truce in March 2013 to help bolster peace talks between the Turkish state and their jailed leader, Abdullah Ocalan.

The explosion occurred late on Wednesday when the soldier stepped on a device buried in the ground in a remote area in Sirnak province near the Iraqi border, the sources said.

It was not clear what caused the device to detonate, they said. In the past, PKK rebels have used remote-controlled devices to attack troops, or it may have been a land mine placed there previously.

guess it's one of those 'forgotten' mines by the pkk. rest in peace brother.

pepperoni pide maybe. dictionaries say sausace for sucuk but its not really sucuk. never heard any english speaking person using sausage for sucuk.
I think sucuk is relatively unknown in the US so they use the word sausage i think, in europe everyone know what sucuk is but not in US.
The menu says Beef Sausage so i think that means sucuk.

I think sucuk is relatively unknown in the US so they use the word sausage i think, in europe everyone know what sucuk is but not in US.
The menu says Beef Sausage so i think that means sucuk.

was too hungry when he posted that menu so i didn't look at it. didn't want to take my chances and wind up in some aspava at 4 am :D but beef sausage is sosis, bildiğimiz sosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom