What's new

Turkish Space Programs

yes

Doh9sCfXgAAewpF.jpg
what stage is turkey at now and what is ETA for simsek? and what resolution sensors will the satellites have?

will be interesting to compare turkey's progress in this area with iran (which uses domestic SLVs: sent 30kg satellite into LEO in 2009, 50kg into LEO in 2015, and the latest (failed) launch a few days ago was 110kg payam with 40m resolution)

if there was no sanctions it would be nice to see Iran and Turkey co-operate in this area, but i am sure both countries will succeed nonetheless

what stage is turkey at now and what is ETA for simsek? and what resolution sensors will the satellites have?

will be interesting to compare turkey's progress in this area with iran (which uses domestic SLVs: sent 30kg satellite into LEO in 2009, 50kg into LEO in 2015, and the latest (failed) launch a few days ago was 110kg payam with 40m resolution)

if there was no sanctions it would be nice to see Iran and Turkey co-operate in this area, but i am sure both countries will succeed nonetheless
Without sanctions, Turkey and Iran would be the Middle Eastern equivalent of Germany and France; being the centre of a new Mid East while the Arab world would revolve around us. But this is just wishful thinking.

Without sanctions, Turkey and Iran would be the Middle Eastern equivalent of Germany and France; being the centre of a new Mid East while the Arab world would revolve around us. But this is just wishful thinking.
I agree 100%... Both are ancient powerful countries with strategic locations and have a big base of 80m educated human capital. Also natural allies as two non-Arab nations in a region of Arabs.

But the US would never allow two strong independent Muslim countries in the ME work together to prosper. Turkey tried to be nice and released Brunson to the US then within weeks Trump threatens economic war on Turkey on Twitter, Iran agreed to nuclear compromise and upheld all obligations then US violates deal and imposes sanctions again. The US cannot be trusted.

MAK camera will have a resolution of 0,7m. Next target is to develop a new camera which will have a resolution of 0,3m for YÇU satellite to be commenced after İmece program.
Thanks, Turkey already has good experience in working with others to build world-level satellites so that should not be a big problem for you guys (0.7m is a good resolution for GEOINT). The bigger problem will probably be the SLV as your missile program is not really that established and is starting to grow now as well (as far as I know).

Turksat 5A will use a brand new technology called “Electrical Push" İt instead of a chemical propulsion.

Those are essentially Hall-effect ion thrusters (HET). Have been flying around in space for close to 50 years now. Although the thrust they produce is very small, they are extremely well suited to duties like satellite station-keeping.

In the last decade or so, they have also started to being used for orbital insertion too (GTO to GSO), in commercial satellites that we call "all electric sats". Here is a good starter article for anyone interested in the subject at hand:

All-electric satellites halfway to becoming half of all satellites
https://spacenews.com/all-electric-satellites-halfway-to-becoming-half-of-all-satellites/

BURAK uzay sonda roketi @RoketsanA -> 1,5 sene sonra böyle bir şey bekliyorium 1. Kademe (Roketsan) 2. Kademe (DeltaV) deney kapsülü (tübitak uzay) Entegrasyon (Roketsan) Firlatma Aksaray da (DeltaV)

D2BnKB8X4AAgO2Z.jpg

D2BoCL0X0AEIx9G.jpg

BURAK space probe rocket @RoketsanA -> 1.5 years later something like this expectantum 1st level (Roketsan) Stage 2 (DeltaV) test capsule (tübitak space) Integration (Roketsan) Firing in Aksaray (DeltaV)

Back
Top Bottom